So far this is the worst phone I've ever had.

cookiemonsterMoA

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
when it comes to talking to people. I have listed my problem in the HTC One (M8) for Windows Post your bugs and defects here thred ( I will list them here also) and now a few more.
Today when I was done talking to people and wanted to disconnected from the call the screen was on my Wi-Fi settings. This happened 3 times. And just now I unlocked the phone and the Start screen was not up but the Wi-Fi setting page was again and I know all screen/apps were off just a few minits ago. I realy like the the speed of the phone and windows. This is my first windows phone. But the main part of the phone (talking) is a BIG POS!!
Now for the List:
1. When talking to someone the phone will start a conference call with the person im already on the phone with and I then have to disconnect the call and call the person back.
2. When on a call and I pull the phone away from my face the screen is still black. I have to wake up the phone then unlock it and then sometimes its on the call screen where I can end a call or click on a number for automated prompts and sometimes its on the start screen and I get a message that flashes on top of screen to tap here to go to call screen (or something like that).
3. Sometimes the phone will be on the last screen I was on when removing the phone away from my ear and sometimes not.
4. Sometimes when I dial a number and put the phone to my ear I get a quick vibrate and other times I do not.
5. The other day my wife was on her phone talking and when she was walking I seen her phone go from black( locked screen) to white( unlocked screen, her background is white) it looked like a strobe light.
6. Vibrate is very week and I cant even fell it when in my holder on my hip.
7. When in holder the ringer is not that loud.
8. When hooking up phone to my Windows 7 computer it shows in the device manager that there are no drivers found for HTC6995LVW 2 times even throw I have the Windows Phone app for desktop installed and I can view the files in Windows Explorer.

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, my phone isn't perfect, but I've never witnessed or heard of the problems your having. You should go back to what you had before. Don't worry, I'll buy your device from you...

What's the MoA in your name? Minutes?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a couple hardware problems, if you ask me. If you can't solve it with a soft reset or hard reset, have it replaced or repaired.

Or, you could assume that it's a bad screen protector.

mad_as_u_like

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Think it just htc. Was going to get another lumia but got a 8x instead(wish i never) it uses 6.3gig system memory(only got 12gig total) and when i delete thing like apps it doesn't free up any of the other memory. WORST PHONE EVER

cookiemonsterMoA

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, my phone isn't perfect, but I've never witnessed or heard of the problems your having. You should go back to what you had before. Don't worry, I'll buy your device from you...

What's the MoA in your name? Minutes?
I had a Droid 3 and I have been thinking about going back to it. MoA is a old gamming tag it meant Masters of Annihilation. I wanted to use cookiemonster but it was taken.
Bad screen protector throwing things out of whack? Its happened before.
I tried it without one, with the thin film kind and the Tempered Glass Screen Protector ind and it did not make a difference.

You need smaller ears :winktongue:
My ears are just fine thank you :smile:

and for Makm, WanderingTraveler , Bodeanicus I have already replaced the phone when it was 1 1/2 weeks old and Verizon gave me a New phone and that one is doing the same thing I bought 2 of these on 8-30-2014 and so far all 3 have the same problems. My wife does not notice it as bad because she does a lot more texting then talking as I talk a lot to clients all day long.

So you all are telling me no one has had any of the problems im having?

Last edited:

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I had a Droid 3 and I have been thinking about going back to it. MoA is a old gamming tag it meant Masters of Annihilation. I wanted to use cookiemonster but it was taken.

I tried it without one, with the thin film kind and the Tempered Glass Screen Protector ind and it did not make a difference.

My ears are just fine thank you :smile:

and for Makm, WanderingTraveler , Bodeanicus I have already replaced the phone when it was 1 1/2 weeks old and Verizon gave me a New phone and that one is doing the same thing I bought 2 of these on 8-30-2014 and so far all 3 have the same problems. My wife does not notice it as bad because she does a lot more texting then talking as I talk a lot to clients all day long.

So you all are telling me no one has had any of the problems im having?
I don't have a single one of those, and I've even dropped my phone.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a single one of those,
^this, my M8 is one of the best phones I've ever had the pleasure to use. No idea why your having so many issues OP. The old saying "windows isn't for everybody" maybe applies here. Maybe your just an android kind of guy, no offense meant.

mad_as_u_like

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Had one of the first windows phone called my pocket pc(like switching on a desktop and the size of a brick) lumia was great until it hit the deck and gorilla glass broke and board cracked but my HTC 8x is a load of bunk

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Had one of the first windows phone called my pocket pc(like switching on a desktop and the size of a brick) lumia was great until it hit the deck and gorilla glass broke and board cracked but my HTC 8x is a load of bunk

This isn't an HTC 8x so I think its pretty irrelevant. If I had problems with say, a Lumia Icon, I wouldn't go to other threads for different Lumia devices and correlate the issues. Why do you?

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing you've never tried a Blackberry before then. Worst phone I've ever had by a long long way....horrible phone...just saying

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My first m8 had a faulty power button so amazon replaced it for me. I haven't had any of the problems you've described on either phone. I don't know what to tell you, except maybe try a hard reset, don't install any apps and work from there trying to isolate the problem if it is software.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Might I recommend a Lumia :p
when it comes to talking to people. I have listed my problem in the HTC One (M8) for Windows Post your bugs and defects here thred ( I will list them here also) and now a few more.
Today when I was done talking to people and wanted to disconnected from the call the screen was on my Wi-Fi settings. This happened 3 times. And just now I unlocked the phone and the Start screen was not up but the Wi-Fi setting page was again and I know all screen/apps were off just a few minits ago. I realy like the the speed of the phone and windows. This is my first windows phone. But the main part of the phone (talking) is a BIG POS!!
Now for the List:
1. When talking to someone the phone will start a conference call with the person im already on the phone with and I then have to disconnect the call and call the person back.
2. When on a call and I pull the phone away from my face the screen is still black. I have to wake up the phone then unlock it and then sometimes its on the call screen where I can end a call or click on a number for automated prompts and sometimes its on the start screen and I get a message that flashes on top of screen to tap here to go to call screen (or something like that).
3. Sometimes the phone will be on the last screen I was on when removing the phone away from my ear and sometimes not.
4. Sometimes when I dial a number and put the phone to my ear I get a quick vibrate and other times I do not.
5. The other day my wife was on her phone talking and when she was walking I seen her phone go from black( locked screen) to white( unlocked screen, her background is white) it looked like a strobe light.
6. Vibrate is very week and I cant even fell it when in my holder on my hip.
7. When in holder the ringer is not that loud.
8. When hooking up phone to my Windows 7 computer it shows in the device manager that there are no drivers found for HTC6995LVW 2 times even throw I have the Windows Phone app for desktop installed and I can view the files in Windows Explorer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb