The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-28-2014 08:56 PM
54 123
tools
    when it comes to talking to people. I have listed my problem in the HTC One (M8) for Windows Post your bugs and defects here thred ( I will list them here also) and now a few more.
    Today when I was done talking to people and wanted to disconnected from the call the screen was on my Wi-Fi settings. This happened 3 times. And just now I unlocked the phone and the Start screen was not up but the Wi-Fi setting page was again and I know all screen/apps were off just a few minits ago. I realy like the the speed of the phone and windows. This is my first windows phone. But the main part of the phone (talking) is a BIG POS!!
    Now for the List:
    1. When talking to someone the phone will start a conference call with the person im already on the phone with and I then have to disconnect the call and call the person back.
    2. When on a call and I pull the phone away from my face the screen is still black. I have to wake up the phone then unlock it and then sometimes its on the call screen where I can end a call or click on a number for automated prompts and sometimes its on the start screen and I get a message that flashes on top of screen to tap here to go to call screen (or something like that).
    3. Sometimes the phone will be on the last screen I was on when removing the phone away from my ear and sometimes not.
    4. Sometimes when I dial a number and put the phone to my ear I get a quick vibrate and other times I do not.
    5. The other day my wife was on her phone talking and when she was walking I seen her phone go from black( locked screen) to white( unlocked screen, her background is white) it looked like a strobe light.
    6. Vibrate is very week and I cant even fell it when in my holder on my hip.
    7. When in holder the ringer is not that loud.
    8. When hooking up phone to my Windows 7 computer it shows in the device manager that there are no drivers found for HTC6995LVW 2 times even throw I have the Windows Phone app for desktop installed and I can view the files in Windows Explorer.
    10-03-2014 07:29 PM
    Strange. Mine works perfectly.
    10-03-2014 08:25 PM
    Well, my phone isn't perfect, but I've never witnessed or heard of the problems your having. You should go back to what you had before. Don't worry, I'll buy your device from you...

What's the MoA in your name? Minutes?
    10-03-2014 11:11 PM
    Bad screen protector throwing things out of whack? Its happened before.
    FAHMI BASSEM, Jakez98 and thinkdan like this.
    10-04-2014 12:46 AM
    You need smaller ears
    Skamath likes this.
    10-04-2014 12:53 AM
    I think you should go to the store and replace your phone.
    snowmutt and anon(9057135) like this.
    10-04-2014 01:10 AM
    Sounds like a couple hardware problems, if you ask me. If you can't solve it with a soft reset or hard reset, have it replaced or repaired.

Or, you could assume that it's a bad screen protector.
    snowmutt, Jazmac and FAHMI BASSEM like this.
    10-04-2014 01:23 AM
    All i can say: So far this is the BEST Phone I've ever had! ;)
    spoonxii and Dadstar0410 like this.
    10-04-2014 05:05 AM
    You have a defective phone. Return it.
    10-04-2014 05:34 AM
    Think it just htc. Was going to get another lumia but got a 8x instead(wish i never) it uses 6.3gig system memory(only got 12gig total) and when i delete thing like apps it doesn't free up any of the other memory. WORST PHONE EVER
    10-04-2014 08:37 AM
    Well, my phone isn't perfect, but I've never witnessed or heard of the problems your having. You should go back to what you had before. Don't worry, I'll buy your device from you...

What's the MoA in your name? Minutes?
    I had a Droid 3 and I have been thinking about going back to it. MoA is a old gamming tag it meant Masters of Annihilation. I wanted to use cookiemonster but it was taken.
    Bad screen protector throwing things out of whack? Its happened before.
    I tried it without one, with the thin film kind and the Tempered Glass Screen Protector ind and it did not make a difference.

You need smaller ears
    My ears are just fine thank you

and for Makm, WanderingTraveler , Bodeanicus I have already replaced the phone when it was 1 1/2 weeks old and Verizon gave me a New phone and that one is doing the same thing I bought 2 of these on 8-30-2014 and so far all 3 have the same problems. My wife does not notice it as bad because she does a lot more texting then talking as I talk a lot to clients all day long.

So you all are telling me no one has had any of the problems im having?
    Last edited by cookiemonsterMoA; 10-04-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    10-04-2014 08:43 AM
    U cant beat the old nokia 3310(classic)
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-04-2014 10:14 AM
    I had a Droid 3 and I have been thinking about going back to it. MoA is a old gamming tag it meant Masters of Annihilation. I wanted to use cookiemonster but it was taken.

I tried it without one, with the thin film kind and the Tempered Glass Screen Protector ind and it did not make a difference.

My ears are just fine thank you

and for Makm, WanderingTraveler , Bodeanicus I have already replaced the phone when it was 1 1/2 weeks old and Verizon gave me a New phone and that one is doing the same thing I bought 2 of these on 8-30-2014 and so far all 3 have the same problems. My wife does not notice it as bad because she does a lot more texting then talking as I talk a lot to clients all day long.

I don't have a single one of those, and I've even dropped my phone.
    10-04-2014 10:22 AM
    I don't have a single one of those,
    ^this, my M8 is one of the best phones I've ever had the pleasure to use. No idea why your having so many issues OP. The old saying "windows isn't for everybody" maybe applies here. Maybe your just an android kind of guy, no offense meant.
    10-04-2014 11:15 AM
    Had one of the first windows phone called my pocket pc(like switching on a desktop and the size of a brick) lumia was great until it hit the deck and gorilla glass broke and board cracked but my HTC 8x is a load of bunk
    10-04-2014 11:51 AM
    Had one of the first windows phone called my pocket pc(like switching on a desktop and the size of a brick) lumia was great until it hit the deck and gorilla glass broke and board cracked but my HTC 8x is a load of bunk

This isn't an HTC 8x so I think its pretty irrelevant. If I had problems with say, a Lumia Icon, I wouldn't go to other threads for different Lumia devices and correlate the issues. Why do you?
    Captains likes this.
    10-04-2014 12:20 PM
    I'm guessing you've never tried a Blackberry before then. Worst phone I've ever had by a long long way....horrible phone...just saying
    10-04-2014 12:22 PM
    My first m8 had a faulty power button so amazon replaced it for me. I haven't had any of the problems you've described on either phone. I don't know what to tell you, except maybe try a hard reset, don't install any apps and work from there trying to isolate the problem if it is software.
    10-04-2014 12:28 PM
    Might I recommend a Lumia :P
    when it comes to talking to people. I have listed my problem in the HTC One (M8) for Windows Post your bugs and defects here thred ( I will list them here also) and now a few more.
    Today when I was done talking to people and wanted to disconnected from the call the screen was on my Wi-Fi settings. This happened 3 times. And just now I unlocked the phone and the Start screen was not up but the Wi-Fi setting page was again and I know all screen/apps were off just a few minits ago. I realy like the the speed of the phone and windows. This is my first windows phone. But the main part of the phone (talking) is a BIG POS!!
    Now for the List:
    1. When talking to someone the phone will start a conference call with the person im already on the phone with and I then have to disconnect the call and call the person back.
    2. When on a call and I pull the phone away from my face the screen is still black. I have to wake up the phone then unlock it and then sometimes its on the call screen where I can end a call or click on a number for automated prompts and sometimes its on the start screen and I get a message that flashes on top of screen to tap here to go to call screen (or something like that).
    3. Sometimes the phone will be on the last screen I was on when removing the phone away from my ear and sometimes not.
    4. Sometimes when I dial a number and put the phone to my ear I get a quick vibrate and other times I do not.
    5. The other day my wife was on her phone talking and when she was walking I seen her phone go from black( locked screen) to white( unlocked screen, her background is white) it looked like a strobe light.
    6. Vibrate is very week and I cant even fell it when in my holder on my hip.
    7. When in holder the ringer is not that loud.
    8. When hooking up phone to my Windows 7 computer it shows in the device manager that there are no drivers found for HTC6995LVW 2 times even throw I have the Windows Phone app for desktop installed and I can view the files in Windows Explorer.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-04-2014 02:04 PM
    I'm guessing you've never tried a Blackberry before then. Worst phone I've ever had by a long long way....horrible phone...just saying

gotta agree blackberry is a load of bunk
    10-04-2014 03:17 PM
    All i can say: So far this is the BEST Phone I've ever had! ;)
    Agreed.
    10-04-2014 04:41 PM
    Me too! Great phone!

The only issue I've had is that the ringer isn't all that loud in the pocket. Or at least that's what I thought. Turns out I hadn't thought about how I put it in my pocket. I always put it in there with the screen against my leg. That's fine for phones with top or bottom speakers, not so good at all for the M8 with the front-firing speakers.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk
    10-04-2014 05:33 PM
    blackberry isnt bad at all...........
    10-05-2014 08:49 AM

Nope. Its been flawless. And I do mean flawless. Its odd to say the least that this could happen twice with a new device to the same person.
    10-05-2014 10:00 AM
    Take your phone back already. No one keeps a phone they are having this many problems that no one else has unless they are selling an idea... Not buying.. I have the new Apple Plus w/64. I had a long road trip yesterday with a friend. Other then Google maps just smoking "Here Drive" I played with my HTC One almost the whole time. Of course I'm not over on Apple's forum bashing their new phone. Why if I prefer the HTC One for Windows? It's a very nice phone. I just find the One a bit more eloquent and perfect sized for my hand. The guy I was with freaked out on how well Cortana handled text messages without messing up even his words when he was driving. We were texting back and forth with another group of guys as we met at different hunt sites looking for old coins.
    10-05-2014 10:26 AM
54 123