HTC Dot View update

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I need help! I updated the Dot View app, but i got a notification that there was a problem with the download.
I have the blue theme now, and I can't change to another theme...

Is there a way to uninstall this app so that I can download it again? Or do I need to put my Phone back to factory settings?

Greetings from Netherlands :cool:

earlyadapter

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. Store automatically updated the app for me. Then got a pop up saying that there was something wrong with the app. Try uninstalling or buy it???? BUY IT???? I already bought it!!!! That made no sense to me. So I uninstalled it. But it is not available in the windows store and on the app page here: HTC Dot View | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) and sign in on your MS account. It says the app is not available!!! So I think, for now it's broken and needs to be brought to HTCs attention.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the same notification and I just went into the app under settings adjusted the settings for how I wanted them and then closed it and I havent gotten the notification since.

earlyadapter

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the same notification and I just went into the app under settings adjusted the settings for how I wanted them and then closed it and I havent gotten the notification since.

huh, the pop up blocked my screen out and I couldn't change any settings until I pressed either one of those options. Thank God for daily backups :) A hard reset fixed the issue and my Dot View is back. Still can't see it in the store however. But I like the new features.

Trent Vann

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So while on the phone with Verizon this morning I asked them about this since I had the same problem. The rep was able to help me find the app: www windowsphone com en-us store app htc-dot-view e7367a0d-b861-4e8d-85a7-b690157ba6cb <-- have to have 10 posts before I can post a link add your /'s to the spaces.
Installed it and so far it is working great without a hard reset.

Phoibos

May 6, 2014
Visit site
If you change the time to year 2117 or so, you can click on any app (even system apps like dot view) and than a pop up shows up, which allows you to uninstall the app and then reinstall it.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem with my Dot View, also. When a reminder goes off, I dismiss it, no big deal. But the dot view keeps showing the alarm symbol as if there's an alarm going off. Any way to fix this?

Joseph Lewkovich

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
What the hell is going on?? I got the same popup message too, so I uninstalled the app, and couldn't find it in the store. The store link above is giving a server errror :angry:

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Now when I go to this link, there's no download link, I just see a message "This app is not available for your phone". It's an HTC app and I have an HTC phone, how can it not be available?

Follow the link from your phone. It'll work.

Now...since Dot View just broke on my phone with an update this AM, can someone tell me how to pull off the 2117 trick to get this thing uninstalled?

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get it to uninstall, but reinstalling it has not fixed the problem. My phone now won't turn off when I close the cover. This has lead to tremendous battery drain and other annoyances.

Did anyone else update today? Are you having this same problem? Any fix?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte