No Twitter Notifications

WILLIAM SHEA

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the M8 and absolutely love it, except, EXCEPT, there seems to be NO way in Gods green earth to enable twitter notifications. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the twitter app a dozen times, I have even resorted to using third party twitter apps to no avail. I have notifications enabled for both apps, i checked, and neither MeTweets nor Twitter shows up in the notification and action center. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your time.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Strange they don't even show up there. Your saving the apps on your phone and not to SD card is the only other thing I can think of before I say to you to do a full restore on your phone.. I use "Tweetium" now with no problems.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I too have noticed this issue starting yesterday. As I have bought new phone that comes up with Denim, so I first doubted a least possible compatibility issue. I think its something an issue from twitter end. I validated notification and background tasks settings and everything is good enough to receive notifications.
Nokia Lumia 730
[Denim Firmware, DP 8.1, GDR-1]

WILLIAM SHEA

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Ooh! Ok i looked everything is being dumped to my SD card. So first I reinstall to my phone not SD card. Then I go from there. Thanks all! Oh do I need to have twitter installed to use a third party app like tweetium or me tweet?

WILLIAM SHEA

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
$&#%&*$&!!!! Gargh!!! If there was any reliable way to get alerts for changes to bridges or tolls or the freakin subway I would delete Twitter in its entirety!!! Installed to my phone no notifications...thanks the advice!

JakCampbel

May 29, 2014
Visit site
The thing is: twitter notifications broke down on the server side and then they decided to turn off notifications.
The fact that you are no seeing twitter in the notifications menu is because you reinstall the app. Dont worry that doesnt have any effect.
My notifications worked well last week but now nothing.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Twitter for WP 8.1 has been weird since day one... As a matter of fact, when I updated my Lumia 925 to the Dev Preview, I lost the ability to share to Twitter from most Apps... It sucks!

WILLIAM SHEA

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I went to my email and accounts in settings, revoked access and re enabled it. Still nothing. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong? Could I trouble some one for some simple instructions?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Did you do this through browser? If no, you need to login to your twitter account on browser and reauth your contacts there. Once done, uninstall and reinstall twitter on your phone and sign in. Check your notifications settings and make sure you have enabled those to receive notifications.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss