How good is Internet Sharing w/this phone?

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been doing some research on getting internet access when I'm not around a WiFi area. Initially I looked at getting a mobile hotspot and using it with a shared data plan.

But then I thought, why do that when the phone will do the same thing?

I've got a few tablets/laptops that I haul around on occasion and getting one of those with built in cell data support just seems idiotic since that locks you in to the device.

Other than the fiddlyness of using the phone as a mobile hotspot, what are the potential downsides?

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I ran into an issue where my password was not observed--anyone could connect.

I changed my password and it was fine, but it was a little worrying.

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.

One of the things I wanted to get some feedback about is the impact on the phones battery life. I'm getting wonderful battery life right now with the things I do.

I'm wondering if I turned on internet sharing and let it stay on, just how long the battery would last. I wouldn't actually use it that way of course, just kind of want a feel for it.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I've turned it on for hours on end and not had it severely impact the battery--I would still more than able to make it to end of day with it.

earlyadapter

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been doing some research on getting internet access when I'm not around a WiFi area. Initially I looked at getting a mobile hotspot and using it with a shared data plan.

But then I thought, why do that when the phone will do the same thing?

I've got a few tablets/laptops that I haul around on occasion and getting one of those with built in cell data support just seems idiotic since that locks you in to the device.

Other than the fiddlyness of using the phone as a mobile hotspot, what are the potential downsides?

I've used the Internet sharing option to use remote desktop manager to test out a VPN client at work. Basically it works as expected. Great alternative for Hotspot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb