HTC One M8 rant and general public confusion

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
^^ is something android lovers want to believe
windows phone,followed by ios were much more colourful etc before android
you want proof,ios 7 came out last year,wp7 a few more years ago
android 4.4.4 was drab and blackish until ios 8 and wp8.1,BB10.3 came out and google copied alot from all three in android L
hint-just see the release dates and UIs,youll see android L came out much much later than the other 3

Make a separate thread about what you believe Android L has copied.

This thread is about HTC One M8 for Android and Windows, and as is the HTC Sense on the Android version is much more colourful despite whatever Android looked like in the past.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
keep telling yourself
the truth is obvious(hint-you are wrong)

You choose to believe whatever you want. I clearly showed you images of an HTC Sense app next to the Metro UI app, and the Sense one was more colourful. And those images came from Pocketnow, a site you like.

But no amount of evidence is enough to convince you, you honestly argue like a toddler.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You choose to believe whatever you want. I clearly showed you images of an HTC Sense app next to the Metro UI app, and the Sense one was more colourful. And those images came from Pocketnow, a site you like.

But no amount of evidence is enough to convince you, you honestly argue like a toddler.

you seem to be lesser than a toddler
also you have a hard time reading and understanding stuff and also contradict your own statements
too bad,i guess youll end up fighting yourself in the end at this rate with contradicting

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
That's just for our understanding, his understanding is quite different btw
Okay here's my stance.

I don't completely blame the OP, he was doing a favour to Windows Phone and I respect that.

But what I meant to say was that if the customer was the kind of guy that liked a colourful OS, his best bet would "NOT" have been Widows Phone.

The customer did come back because he didn't find his required apps, but I'm pretty sure he would've returned anyways considering how lacking in color many of the Metro UI apps are.

And I never brought pure Android into this, I was talking about HTC Sense which is an extremely colourful skin on top of Android, it's certainly way more colourful than Windows Phone.

Here are a few screenshots to prove this:

536647a653b3b45f478259c7a5371f2f.jpg

c47bc86ec7ceed618d3156d7dab0d232.jpg

In both instances above, the one on the right is the modern colourless Metro UI and the left is the much better looking HTC Sense, again the consumer would've liked that because he did display an interest in colourful OSes.

But this isn't all. The experience after you get the phone also plays a pretty big role. And this is where the Windows Phone M8 falls significantly behind.

For starters there is no way to see if you have notifications when the screen is off on Windows M8, because the M8 on Windows doesn't support notification LEDs. Blinkfeed is never a swipe away and it can't be set at the home screen either. You'll also find zero lock screen shortcuts to any app on the Windows M8(apart from camera).

Moving onwards HTC has dedicated a significant time developing it's apps and services on Android, here's a glimpse at how much more the Android variant can do:

8af4b37fb613030d3046e3cd477a8139.jpg

Windows M8^. Has a few after image effects.

72ce49692e5059f518953543a0763b3a.jpg

Android M8^. Tons of more effects. And after the Eye experience update to the Android variant there are even more features than the Windows one does not have.

ef1963078c5b5d311e6a9034940118fa.jpg

Windows M8^.

08ab6aed94666836774f541f1f21f9a0.jpg

Android M8^. Has Zoe mode, a Zoe app as well, split capture and Pan 360.

Then you could count in other accessories of features, the Windows M8 has barely any support for smart watches (apart from one Band). It has no button to open the camera when the phone is locked. There is also no extra lock screen gestures.

If someone walks into the shop hell-bent on buying a Windows M8, for sure let him get it. But seriously the majority of consumers will have a better time with the Android version and all that it has to offer.

Karthik can't understand basic things, no matter how much evidence one provides him with. He'll talk about any OS except the one that is relevant. But maybe you have some understanding.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Zoe would be coming to the windows version as well. As far as basic camera comparison is concerned, here's it
http://fortheloveoftech.com/2014/08/22/htc-one-m8-vs-htc-one-m8-for-windows-camera-comparison-2/
Sent from my dark knight 1320

Is Zoe confirmed for Windows Phone?

Also I won't trust that site, seems pretty shoddy.

But here's some proof from Pocket now that shows that the camera of both devices is pretty much the same:

1416120862965.jpg
1416120877243.jpg

Even if Zoe support made it there would still be tons more than the Windows variant won't be able to do.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Karthik can't understand basic things, no matter how much evidence one provides him with. He'll talk about any OS except the one that is relevant. But maybe you have some understanding.

maybe your the only android supporter here who cannot accept that the "supreme" os cant do stuff that the "peasant" wp can
stop personal attacks or ill report you

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
maybe your the only android supporter here who cannot accept that the "supreme" os cant do stuff that the "peasant" wp can
stop personal attacks or ill report you

I'm not comparing OSes, I'm talking about the phones. The phones just happen to run two different OSes which is why mentioning them is relevant.

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
too bad you still cannot accept that windows phone M8 has better battery life
Maybe slightly.

But the thing about that is that the Android variant has much more to do.

For one thing for the extra gestures the Android variant has to use the gravity and proximity sensors. Blinkeed is periodically refreshing because it's on your home screen. Oh and the M8 for Android has higher brightness at the preset values of Low, Medium or High.

Even if the Windows M8 in some way had better battery life, Windows Phone would have little to do with it. It would have more to do with the features HTC added in the Android variant.

Again my friend does have an Android M8 and it does last a day or two with regular/heavy usage, even sometimes 4 days(with the extreme power saver mode).

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Maybe slightly.

But the thing about that is that the Android variant has much more to do.

For one thing for the extra gestures the Android variant has to use the gravity and proximity sensors. Blinkeed is periodically refreshing because it's on your home screen. Oh and the M8 for Android has higher brightness at the preset values of Low, Medium or High.

Even if the Windows M8 in some way had better battery life, Windows Phone would have little to do with it. It would have more to do with the features HTC added in the Android variant.

Again my friend does have an Android M8 and it does last a day or two with regular/heavy usage, even sometimes 4 days(with the extreme power saver mode).

slightly better = 50% more

heres proof
Android vs. Windows Phone: HTC One M8 runs longer on Windows | BGR

HTC One M8 Windows vs Android Battery Wars - SlashGear

seems legit

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I've actually corrected the writer of that article once before, he's good but he never completed the article.

What I meant by "maybe slightly" was based on what part Windows Phone played in the equation.

Yes the M8 for Windows may have extra juice but there's a lot involved in that, lower brightness presets, worse performance, less features.

So I, and tons of other people would gladly choose less battery life for a more optimised and carefully crafted software experience.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I've actually corrected the writer of that article once before, he's good but he never completed the article.

What I meant by "maybe slightly" was based on what part Windows Phone played in the equation.

Yes the M8 for Windows may have extra juice but there's a lot involved in that, lower brightness presets, worse performance, less features.

So I, and tons of other people would gladly choose less battery life for a more optimised and carefully crafted software experience.

^^is something windows phone haters say
you cant give credit where due can you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb