HTC One M8 rant and general public confusion

thesachd

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I see how you've arrived at your conclusions, but they're incorrect nevertheless.

I'm unsure what you're trying to point out with the second screenshot, but the first one only makes sense for devices that do not use Qualcomm's SensorCore technology (a.k.a. Qualcomm's Sensor Hub a.k.a. Qualcomm's Sensor Engine), or some other SoC's equivalent. I admit I haven't disassembled an HTC M8fW, but if it's the same as the Android version (which I assume it is), then it's also using Qualcomm's SensorCore technology! I don't know how much power the individual sensors on the M8fW draw, but Qualcomm says power draw for the entire sensor array including SensorCore is completely negligible/unnoticeable, even when run 24/7. If that screenshot is from a phone that supports Qualcomm's SensorCore, then it's just wasting users time, but it would certainly make sense on devices without it.

I'm sure you can find good excuses to justify Android not lasting as long on the same battery charge, particularly once an Android device is loaded up with apps, but this isn't one of them.

And lastly, no, although the SDK DEVELOPED BY NOKIA IS ALSO DUBBED "SENSORCORE" , THAT'S HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS:

Excerpt from Wikipedia:

Can we stop screaming now?

Since you are the only person here that has come up with relevant information and accurate info.

Kudos, you win. I am always open to new ideas, as long as they are backed up with proof.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Since you are the only person here that has come up with relevant information and accurate info.

Kudos, you win. I am always open to new ideas, as long as they are backed up with proof.

Proof is in experience. Go try an M8 WP version for yourself instead of listening to your friend and you will see the battery difference for yourself.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Proof is in experience. Go try an M8 WP version for yourself instead of listening to your friend and you will see the battery difference for yourself.

I had to switch to the M8 windows I won from work temporarily(it was a pain) before switching to an iPhone 6+(a pain on its own) and I have to say compared to my friend's M8 android it does seem like the battery life on the M8 windows is better. But I am not going to say it definitively because after I grew frustrated with my M8 windows, I didn't use it as much throughout the day like I would my Lumia thus I likely probably wasn't making it much more active as he was.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yikes! How true. I just jumped in on that one topic and didn't even look what the thread should have been about. Lets get this back on topic!
He probably doesn't mind. I think he got that job at the Apple store so might get fired for visiting here. ;)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
He probably doesn't mind. I think he got that job at the Apple store so might get fired for visiting here. ;)

Lol shh! I am actually coming back to the windows side. Second time with w 6+ and gotta say this definitely not for me haha

823f9959e4e24f3b4a32606adedcd986.jpg

I got much better life from my 1520 and m8 windows than I do with this iPhone lol

Plus I don't like imore haha. Windows central alone is a good reason why I prefer the windows phone platform as I can't see myself meshing with imore users much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Lol shh! I am actually coming back to the windows side. Second time with w 6+ and gotta say this definitely not for me haha

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/18/823f9959e4e24f3b4a32606adedcd986.jpg

I got much better life from my 1520 and m8 windows than I do with this iPhone lol

Plus I don't like imore haha. Windows central alone is a good reason why I prefer the windows phone platform as I can't see myself meshing with imore users much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would feel so weird working at an Apple store... with all the crap I talk about Apple and Google... haha. I think I'm the biggest Microsoft promoter in Gilmer/Longview/Gladewater, Texas.

dnmoriarty

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
My father wanted to surprise me by preordering my M8...but caught him preordering the Android version. No fault of his of course, but to save confusion I propose two slight but important changes in ads...why not call it HTC One M8.1 (it is running WP8.1 anyway, and there is separates from Android) and change the ONE to ONE again to separate the two but focus remains on the phone. Why was this not thought of before, not sure.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
My father wanted to surprise me by preordering my M8...but caught him preordering the Android version. No fault of his of course, but to save confusion I propose two slight but important changes in ads...why not call it HTC One M8.1 (it is running WP8.1 anyway, and there is separates from Android) and change the ONE to ONE again to separate the two but focus remains on the phone. Why was this not thought of before, not sure.

That confuses me.......😉

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon