Anyone have an m8 that works well

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I may or may not steal this for later use.

You kept your problem 1520. You have replaced your 1520 3 times per your post and still have it. LMAO.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/310749-no-clue-what-im-gonna-do.html

Actually I've only had two Lumia 1520s :p If you're going to link the thread you really should have READ what i had said within the post.

I didn't actually get PWNED. It would be silly of it me to triumph a phone(and buy it 3 times aka resign a contract and/or pay 600 bucks for it) if the phone was problematic.

Fact is, I am a very impulsive person and I grew bored of the red one(The Original 1520 I had) so I got a Yellow one via Att next :p Simply because I had settled originally to get the 1520 in red in the first place. I wanted it launch day and it was out of yellow at the time and it was either red or black :)

I got yellow despite settling again on a color. They had announced the green but it took ages to get here so i settled and got the yellow i had originally wanted. Damn ATT released the green not long after :p

The issues I had with my 1520 actually more or less had to do less with the phone itself and more with my service of Att in my home, it is very rural. Att since has sent me one of those microcells thing(and I eventually have moved to the west coast for university) and my reception/mic issues have since disappeared and I presently have the BEST windows phone there is. Though i am eagerly awaiting tomorrow to see if Microsoft has any actual surprises ahead.

I'd expect a little more intelligence from M8 owners but then again, you guys keep heralding the M8 as the best windows phone due to the marginal differences in 800 vs 801, an ir blaster and speakers and oh its super fast camera with average photo quality lol. Perhaps I am being too generous with my expectations of having intelligent discussions with you all ;) But that was a cute effort to attempt PWN me lol

I wasn't aware we still use that term in 2014 :p
Reading the thread you linked is Key as Nowhere did I say that the phone itself was the problem :p

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ha ha Superboy we know you by now!

There, FTFY. ;-)

At least you guys have stopped whining ;)

I wish you guys would get off this "I am Anti-HTC" thing :p I don't have any issues with HTC presently and if i was switching OS to Android, I'd likely own the actual M8. Simply because I like Att and they don't have sony and I despise Samsung and I am not a fan of Motorola's Camera and LG's design :)

You guys seem to think I have something against HTC :p Most of my android phones have been HTC from the Droid Eris, HTC Aria, HTC EVO, Evo 3D, Sensation, Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible 2, HTC Amaze, The One(THe original one prior to the M7) and I probably owned a couple of more I can't remember.

Oh and the 8x was my original Windows phone :D I really wish you guys would get off this "Micah is Anti-anything lumia" Kick :p

I'm more "Micah is Anti-Android rehashes release nearly 6 months later" which is exactly what the M8 is to me :) But as I said in this post:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ht...htc-one-m8-rant-general-public-confusion.html

I am growing less hostile to the M8 these days :p Jeez, no one ever remembers the nice things I do say about it. Sighs....Hehe

Don't mistake my Lumia bias as the equivalent of blind devotion :) I am not blindly devoted to Lumia. I am just well aware of the shortcoming(IMO) of other devices, The poor track record of support of their OEM(which Daniel himself alluded to in his article the other day) and given the high expectations of what a window phone should look like and features it should have(Camera being the most important) there has yet to be anything that has managed to persuade me otherwise and Lumia has done nothing to make me not suggest it to anyone I know or read is looking for said suggestions :p

But i have also started recommending the M8 as well, since it is a viable alternative on Att and I am forced to actually use the phone daily and it does not annoy me as much as it used to, though I'd never trade my phone in for one :p

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
At least you guys have stopped whining ;)

I wish you guys would get off this "I am Anti-HTC" thing :p I don't have any issues with HTC presently and if i was switching OS to Android, I'd likely own the actual M8. Simply because I like Att and they don't have sony and I despise Samsung and I am not a fan of Motorola's Camera and LG's design :)

You guys seem to think I have something against HTC :p

Comedy gold.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Awesome comeback, bro. You seriously don't see the humor in you doing nothing but bashing HTC and then trying to tell everyone you don't have a problem with HTC? At least I am consistent.
Because I don't see the point in having a cyber fight lol. As adults id hope we both have much more to do with our lives than waiting around for the other's comeback and quite frankly given the fact you more or less regurgitate the same generic retort, I grew bored lol.

I don't have any problems with HTC. You however seem to have an issue with me criticizing the phone and expressing my opinion whenever and however I see fit. It's quite flattering that you value my opinion that much that you feel the need to constantly dispute everything I say to validate your choice of purchase lol :)

But I am glad that you seen to know the way Micah thinks more so than Micah himself :p

To help you understand since you seem a smidge slower to get it. I don't have a problem with HTC themselves. I have a problem with HTC way of handling windows. This phone could have been released earlier even with DP much like the 630 was. It could have at last been announced when the original m8 was announced. Instead it was announced and released as an afterthought on a carrier who did nothing for it. It's barely relevant....and any momentum it had in August was lost between a pointless three month exclusive. Furthermore it still has no international release that I am aware of.

Let's not forget that HTC also recently announced the desire eye, a phone I very well would leave a Lumia for since I am a big selfie taker without ever mentioning an windows variant.

I applaud HTC for bringing their hardware to windows phone but I also expect more from an OEM who long before there was a Lumia, was the de facto Standard of windows phone. I expect more and I call for more and I am critical of them because I know HTC can do better. I applaud unique designs of the 8x not rehashed android turned windows phone.

So no I don't have a problem with HTC themselves but simply how half in, half out they are and how reliable support wise. So please don't make it sound like I have a grudge against them.

I expect more from them as I do Samsung and so far they have not done anything impressive like Lumia has with the 1020 and first windows phone phablet 1520.

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my AT&T version on Friday. Nicest phone I have ever owned. I do miss some of the apps from Nokia's suite, but everything about the M8 is just plain NICE! Nice to finally have a flagship for Windows Phone.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my AT&T version on Friday. Nicest phone I have ever owned. I do miss some of the apps from Nokia's suite, but everything about the M8 is just plain NICE! Nice to finally have a flagship for Windows Phone.

Lol we've been had a flagship for windows phone since February. It is called the icon/930 :p its nice to have ANOTHER windows phone flagship

Not to forget the Samsung ativ se

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Lol we've been had a flagship for windows phone since February. It is called the icon/930 :p its nice to have ANOTHER windows phone flagship

Not to forget the Samsung ativ se

For AT&T it has been the 1020 or the 1520 (not interested in carrying a phone that large - I have one in my drawer and it is too big for me). AT&T Windows Phone customers have not had a flagship for quite sometime as I said.

The Icon is nice but not worth changing to another carrier and in my opinion does not fit nearly as nice in the hand as the M8. Sad to leave Nokia/Microsoft phones (been using Nokia for while - 710, 900, 920 and 1020) but if they dont bring AT&T customers something to purchase I cannot give them my money.

Kudos to HTC for making the leap and bringing such a nice piece of hardware to Windows Phone.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
For AT&T it has been the 1020 or the 1520 (not interested in carrying a phone that large - I have one in my drawer and it is too big for me). AT&T Windows Phone customers have not had a flagship for quite sometime as I said.

The Icon is nice but not worth changing to another carrier and in my opinion does not fit nearly as nice in the hand as the M8. Sad to leave Nokia/Microsoft phones (been using Nokia for while - 710, 900, 920 and 1020) but if they dont bring AT&T customers something to purchase I cannot give them my money.

Kudos to HTC for making the leap and bringing such a nice piece of hardware to Windows Phone.
While I can understand that it is a testament that literally a year later both the 1020 and 1520 are still on sale. Most windows phones don't last long and despite it size as much as I want a new Lumia, the 1520 is just as much as the flagship as the 930 is given they possess nearly identical specs. The m8,while newer is not the only flagship or choice.
But yes good for htc bringing this to all three carriers though i am hoping Microsoft surprises us all tomorrow with something since the majority of us are all calling for Lumia hardware on the high end. A true flagship.

Spectral Entity

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Read every forum for a phone here...the problems are all posted. No phone is immune to having problem hand sets out there. I have never seen a review mention issues which makes me think it is mostly peops got a "bad" one. I have had to replace my 925 2 times in last year. TG for Jump :)

Wow, I'm on my third 925 as well!

First one totally crapped out 2 months after getting it, the replacement had a defective gorilla glass (weird acidic smudges/etching across the face, and luckily the third has been a winner of a phone!

(BTW, I'm in Alabama too! Northern part, close to Huntsville)

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Does "Superboy Micah" know you're talking about a Lumia??? He'll probably complain that the comment about his favorite phone was on an HTC forum... :winktongue:

elitejedimaster

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

My M8 is working well. I've got my own personal review here, and the Nokia apps I use are available for all phones, the HERE Drive & Maps apps. Thankfully :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb