11-12-2014 11:35 AM
37 12
tools
    I am thinking of getting the m8 but am hesitant due to the troubles I've been reading about.
    11-08-2014 08:21 AM
    Read every forum for a phone here...the problems are all posted. No phone is immune to having problem hand sets out there. I have never seen a review mention issues which makes me think it is mostly peops got a "bad" one. I have had to replace my 925 2 times in last year. TG for Jump :)
    Bowlegz and xandros9 like this.
    11-08-2014 08:33 AM
    Been having mine for a month now with no issues at all. Great device !!
    11-08-2014 08:34 AM
    the M8 is a popular device in Android land, and out doesn't have a reputation for defects. I don't think the Windows version would be the same. Go anywhere, you'll read about nightmares on any phone, from the iPhone to something by BLU.
    It's not representative for the entire population and biased towards implying more defective phones.
    if the troubles you're read are holding you back, go for it, you're more likely to get a good unit, although defective ones always exist. There can be common quirks though, but I wouldn't think anything serious.
    jaimeastin likes this.
    11-08-2014 09:25 AM
    I have had one for about 3 weeks now and love it... No issues.. great looking... and battery lasts forever
    11-08-2014 09:31 AM
    yep going on two months - love it!
    11-08-2014 09:58 AM
    Same here going on two months and also love it. Never rebooted on me once unless I initiated it. I thought the icon was sweet. The M8 rewrote the definition of sweet for me. Sweetness personified. Loving' it.
    11-08-2014 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I usually do alot of investigating on anything I buy anything. I don't want to spend alot of money for something I will regret.
    11-08-2014 03:56 PM
    I am on my second one. And both where plagued with the re-boot issued that ALOT of M8's are having, both the Windows and Android versions. I really dont care so much that is re-boots, because it always comes back on(if it didnt I would be p!ssed) but the volumes always go back to default. And since you usually dont see it re-boot you wont notice your volumes are low. My phone will re-boot and when I look at it I have missed calls, texts, email, etc. HTC needs to fix this but they wont, sadly.
    FenixMKII likes this.
    11-08-2014 07:12 PM
    I am on my second one. And both where plagued with the re-boot issued that ALOT of M8's are having, both the Windows and Android versions. I really dont care so much that is re-boots, because it always comes back on(if it didnt I would be p!ssed) but the volumes always go back to default. And since you usually dont see it re-boot you wont notice your volumes are low. My phone will re-boot and when I look at it I have missed calls, texts, email, etc. HTC needs to fix this but they wont, sadly.
    So you're sticking with a problematic device? That seems strange.
    11-08-2014 07:19 PM
    No, I am not. I am going back to Android, because of other reason, which you have seen me post. I am on the edge program with VZW so no sense in swaping out devices when I will be switching to another device anyways. If I were to stay then hell yeah I would be swapping it out till i got a good one.
    11-08-2014 07:29 PM
    All the troubles you've been reading about? Lola

Never had a one. Very glad I got it. Keep reading
    11-08-2014 09:18 PM
    Had mine since launch and no serious problems, every phone has its problems so you will not get one that is perfect, Not even IPhone. Love my new HTC One M8 for windows, best decision I have made.
    11-08-2014 09:26 PM
    Swap till you get a good one... Reboots now... More later... Unless the problem is you are pushing it too hard.
    11-08-2014 09:30 PM
    Best phone I've ever had. Still feels like a piece of nice furniture and works... We have our trolls over here accenting anything negative... Just pay attention. You'll have trouble finding a more likeable phone. It grows on you... Cortana on the HTC One seems to be the best audio pair I've seen. Mine works great...

MG
    cbreze likes this.
    11-08-2014 11:02 PM
    Torn between this and the iPhone
    11-08-2014 11:48 PM
    No, I am not. I am going back to Android, because of other reason, which you have seen me post. I am on the edge program with VZW so no sense in swaping out devices when I will be switching to another device anyways. If I were to stay then hell yeah I would be swapping it out till i got a good one.
    Oh yeah I remember your post about it. While I am not a fan of this phone and what it stands for necessarily, I'm always sad when people decide to switch entirely to a new os. But yeah definitely go with what works best for you :)
    11-09-2014 04:03 AM
    I'm on my second m8. First one kept rebooting so VZW replaced it. This one reboots less frequently so I kept it. If it doesn't reboot today I'll have hit a new record uptime of three days. woo.
    11-09-2014 06:32 AM
    Its a really solid phone. Wife and I both have one and have simply had no issues. Rebooted once, but was likely one of several apps I was playing with that I have since removed and no further reboots. Would have preferred a Lumina, but extra storage is a must. Cortana in car texting is a revelation. Have used the camera and it was as good, if not better than my iPhone 5s
    Bowlegz likes this.
    11-09-2014 06:51 AM
    I'm on my second m8. First one kept rebooting so VZW replaced it. This one reboots less frequently so I kept it. If it doesn't reboot today I'll have hit a new record uptime of three days. woo.
    I definitely would not keep a phone that reboots even less lol. Could progressively get worse.
    11-09-2014 11:08 AM
    Ha ha Superboy we know you by now!

I definitely would not keep a phone that isn't a Lumia.
    There, FTFY. ;-)
    Adrynalyne and xandros9 like this.
    11-09-2014 12:32 PM
    You kept your problem 1520. You have replaced your 1520 3 times per your post and still have it. LMAO.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...-gonna-do.html
    11-09-2014 02:27 PM
    WTF are you talking about. You have replaced your 1520 3 times per your post and still have it. LMAO.

pwn3d2.jpg
    cbreze and xandros9 like this.
    11-09-2014 02:31 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pwn3d2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	87020
    I may or may not steal this for later use.
    Idiosyncrasy likes this.
    11-09-2014 05:40 PM
    I may or may not steal this for later use.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pwn3d2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	87020
    You kept your problem 1520. You have replaced your 1520 3 times per your post and still have it. LMAO.

Actually I've only had two Lumia 1520s :P If you're going to link the thread you really should have READ what i had said within the post.

I didn't actually get PWNED. It would be silly of it me to triumph a phone(and buy it 3 times aka resign a contract and/or pay 600 bucks for it) if the phone was problematic.

Fact is, I am a very impulsive person and I grew bored of the red one(The Original 1520 I had) so I got a Yellow one via Att next :P Simply because I had settled originally to get the 1520 in red in the first place. I wanted it launch day and it was out of yellow at the time and it was either red or black :)

I got yellow despite settling again on a color. They had announced the green but it took ages to get here so i settled and got the yellow i had originally wanted. Damn ATT released the green not long after :P

The issues I had with my 1520 actually more or less had to do less with the phone itself and more with my service of Att in my home, it is very rural. Att since has sent me one of those microcells thing(and I eventually have moved to the west coast for university) and my reception/mic issues have since disappeared and I presently have the BEST windows phone there is. Though i am eagerly awaiting tomorrow to see if Microsoft has any actual surprises ahead.

I'd expect a little more intelligence from M8 owners but then again, you guys keep heralding the M8 as the best windows phone due to the marginal differences in 800 vs 801, an ir blaster and speakers and oh its super fast camera with average photo quality lol. Perhaps I am being too generous with my expectations of having intelligent discussions with you all ;) But that was a cute effort to attempt PWN me lol

I wasn't aware we still use that term in 2014 :P
    Reading the thread you linked is Key as Nowhere did I say that the phone itself was the problem :P
    xandros9 likes this.
    11-10-2014 05:07 AM
37 12