Dot View Cases

ritojr

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So can anyone speak to the difference from buying a $40 OEM Dot View case vs heading to ebay or amazon and getting something for $15 or less? What is the difference between these? They look identical and assume they perform the same? Wondering if someone who went the cheapo route could provide some insight. I have a hard time dropping $40 on a case

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have never used anything that I found more annoying, I can say I hate this thing, it is like pulling your wallet out and opening it to answer your phone, makes your phone big and bulky feeling. Why buy a nice sleek phone to encase it in a brick? Not worth your money at any price.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Some folks do indeed like this case. It's not for me and I wouldn't use it if I got one free. I feel it has been overhyped as being a unique option while its actual real world functionality is grossly lacking. Plus aesthetically it just leaves me flat, but hides a really nice looking device.

matfantastic

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought from Amazon, it was advertised as "Official HTC dot view case". I received some Chinese knockoff case with horrible build quality. the holes in the front of the case didn't line up and the color was washed out. Compared to the one I got from Verizon its abysmal.

matfantastic

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have never used anything that I found more annoying, I can say I hate this thing, it is like pulling your wallet out and opening it to answer your phone, makes your phone big and bulky feeling. Why buy a nice sleek phone to encase it in a brick? Not worth your money at any price.

You can answer calls without opening the case.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought from Amazon, it was advertised as "Official HTC dot view case". I received some Chinese knockoff case with horrible build quality. the holes in the front of the case didn't line up and the color was washed out. Compared to the one I got from Verizon its abysmal.

Explain what you mean by "the holes didn't line up". Because, my Dot View Case that I bought for $12 on Amazon works well, but the display looks almost 3D-like and not pixelated like it should be. Does that mean it's a knock-off?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Got my free Xbox Green Dot View case in the mail today. Something about this case makes me feel like the other one I got (the $12 blue one) was a knock off.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Got my free Xbox Green Dot View case in the mail today. Something about this case makes me feel like the other one I got (the $12 blue one) was a knock off.
The blue one was likely a knock off based on price alone. Most of the OEM Dot View cases are going for about $45.

psycodelic

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey does anybody has notice that the dot case can control the music player. It was working on my car with Bluetooth but now with the headphones connected i don't see the controls on the case. can anybody confirm that.

sixseven

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I got an official one from Amazon for $12.50. Keep your eye out for a deal.

Amazon.com: HTC Dot View Case for HTC One (M8) - Retail Packaging - Warm Black/Dark Gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

That being said, I also bought this Ringke case for $4.99 (thanks to slickdeals.net)

Amazon.com: [Free HD Film-Better Grip] Ringke SLIM HTC One M8 Case [SF BLACK] Full Top and Bottom Coverage for an All Around Protection SUPER SLIM + SF COATED + PERFECT FIT Premium Hard Case Cover for HTC One M8 (All New HTC One / HTC One 2 / Plus) [

I like the dots, but I don't like that the flap doesn't fold back flat. I use the Ringke case 90% of the time.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think I would like this case but I ran across a Microsoft free offer for the Xbox green one so I mailed it in.
I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Only problem is now my wife wants to upgrade to the One m8 Windows phone and get the same setup that I have.
I bought the Spigen when I first got this phone and it's very nice. I think I'll do the Dot View for the daily driver and put the Spigen on to dress it up from time to time.
For some reason I had to do a hard reset to get all the Dot View features working but it's all good now.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I got one off eBay for $9 shipped, it was like new but came with the original packaging (also verified from seller it was authentic). Fits perfectly and works well, although I had to mess with the settings and do some reboots before the options for notifications showed up.

I really like how the case works, although the flap not folding back flush is a huge issue for me. I really miss glance so this was a decent substitute.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs