So can anyone speak to the difference from buying a $40 OEM Dot View case vs heading to ebay or amazon and getting something for $15 or less? What is the difference between these? They look identical and assume they perform the same? Wondering if someone who went the cheapo route could provide some insight. I have a hard time dropping $40 on a case
    anon(678374) likes this.
    11-10-2014 09:51 AM
    I ordered mine from Amazon... Got 4 of them total - all of them in original HTC packaging with the clear wrap still on them. I'd get them again from Amazon if I need more. $10 for gray or blue, $12 or orange or magenta.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU2852934
    11-10-2014 04:36 PM
    I have never used anything that I found more annoying, I can say I hate this thing, it is like pulling your wallet out and opening it to answer your phone, makes your phone big and bulky feeling. Why buy a nice sleek phone to encase it in a brick? Not worth your money at any price.
    anon(678374) likes this.
    11-14-2014 08:51 AM
    Some folks do indeed like this case. It's not for me and I wouldn't use it if I got one free. I feel it has been overhyped as being a unique option while its actual real world functionality is grossly lacking. Plus aesthetically it just leaves me flat, but hides a really nice looking device.
    Kevin Hill2 and anon(678374) like this.
    11-14-2014 01:08 PM
    I bought from Amazon, it was advertised as "Official HTC dot view case". I received some Chinese knockoff case with horrible build quality. the holes in the front of the case didn't line up and the color was washed out. Compared to the one I got from Verizon its abysmal.
    Dadstar0410 and anon(678374) like this.
    11-15-2014 10:01 AM
    I have never used anything that I found more annoying, I can say I hate this thing, it is like pulling your wallet out and opening it to answer your phone, makes your phone big and bulky feeling. Why buy a nice sleek phone to encase it in a brick? Not worth your money at any price.
    You can answer calls without opening the case.
    mathsisbest likes this.
    11-15-2014 10:02 AM
    I bought from Amazon, it was advertised as "Official HTC dot view case". I received some Chinese knockoff case with horrible build quality. the holes in the front of the case didn't line up and the color was washed out. Compared to the one I got from Verizon its abysmal.
    Explain what you mean by "the holes didn't line up". Because, my Dot View Case that I bought for $12 on Amazon works well, but the display looks almost 3D-like and not pixelated like it should be. Does that mean it's a knock-off?
    anon(678374) likes this.
    11-30-2014 12:20 AM
    Got my free Xbox Green Dot View case in the mail today. Something about this case makes me feel like the other one I got (the $12 blue one) was a knock off.
    01-09-2015 11:23 AM
    Got my free Xbox Green Dot View case in the mail today. Something about this case makes me feel like the other one I got (the $12 blue one) was a knock off.
    The blue one was likely a knock off based on price alone. Most of the OEM Dot View cases are going for about $45.
    01-09-2015 11:38 AM
    Windows Central is selling these cases for like $30 here: HTC Dot View Case for One (M8) Windows - Windows Phone Cases

They're 40% off right now for any color.
    01-09-2015 12:23 PM
    The blue one was likely a knock off based on price alone. Most of the OEM Dot View cases are going for about $45.
    I'm still gonna use it, but the quality difference is night and day. But even if I don't use it, I got an Xbox case for $12 😆
    01-09-2015 12:24 PM
    Hey does anybody has notice that the dot case can control the music player. It was working on my car with Bluetooth but now with the headphones connected i don't see the controls on the case. can anybody confirm that.
    03-04-2015 05:25 PM
    I got an official one from Amazon for $12.50. Keep your eye out for a deal.

Amazon.com: HTC Dot View Case for HTC One (M8) - Retail Packaging - Warm Black/Dark Gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

That being said, I also bought this Ringke case for $4.99 (thanks to slickdeals.net)

Amazon.com: [Free HD Film-Better Grip] Ringke SLIM HTC One M8 Case [SF BLACK] Full Top and Bottom Coverage for an All Around Protection SUPER SLIM + SF COATED + PERFECT FIT Premium Hard Case Cover for HTC One M8 (All New HTC One / HTC One 2 / Plus) [

I like the dots, but I don't like that the flap doesn't fold back flat. I use the Ringke case 90% of the time.
    03-05-2015 08:45 AM
    I didn't think I would like this case but I ran across a Microsoft free offer for the Xbox green one so I mailed it in.
    I am pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Only problem is now my wife wants to upgrade to the One m8 Windows phone and get the same setup that I have.
    I bought the Spigen when I first got this phone and it's very nice. I think I'll do the Dot View for the daily driver and put the Spigen on to dress it up from time to time.
    For some reason I had to do a hard reset to get all the Dot View features working but it's all good now.
    03-07-2015 05:21 AM
    I got one off eBay for $9 shipped, it was like new but came with the original packaging (also verified from seller it was authentic). Fits perfectly and works well, although I had to mess with the settings and do some reboots before the options for notifications showed up.

I really like how the case works, although the flap not folding back flush is a huge issue for me. I really miss glance so this was a decent substitute.
    Last edited by Grimlock; 04-08-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    04-04-2015 01:24 PM