HTC One M8 at Att store: SMH at this

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So today I went to the Att store......My roommate was checking out their first Windows Phone. I actually went and brought myself an iPhone as I am contemplating a full switch(It's a mixed experience thus far....).

I immediately showed him the Lumia 1520 but he said it was too big and I showed him the Lumia 830 and he loved it instantly. But for comparison sake, I was looking for the M8 windows as he is a fan of HTC phones.

We walk over to the stand that says "HTC One M8".

First thing....

I am a Lumia ****** through and through. In my Att store here in North Carolina(My home state) and back in California(where my university is) they always have the Lumia with a lovely display. In the center of the store. Makes me proud.

Meanwhile, this HTC phone was over in a corner somewhere. It took me ages to find it(More on this shortly).

Second thing
We finally found the phone and guess what?

It wasn;the Windows version. Despite the phone's tag beside it saying M8 windows, it was the Android version. I was confused at first because I am thinking "I can read....but am I misunderstanding something."

I asked the sales guy and he basically just shrugged it off as a simple mistake. In fact, I didn't even see him remove the sign nor tell anyone about it(We came back 4 hours later and it was STILL there....The Windows version sign on the Android version).

The thing that bugs me.....
No stores within the Raleigh NC market actually sell the M8 in stores except one. I guess the flagship store.

That means If I or any person wanted to get that phone we'd have to drive all over the 919 JUST to get the phone. Which I find ridiculous.

Apparently they expected low demand on this phone as they have had more inquiries on the Lumia 830 as well as the 635 seems to be more popular so they don't carry it in stores.

It annoyed me because as much as I hate the idea of the M8, how in the heck is this OS ever going to grow. I know I should be happy that this wasn't a Lumia, but regardless this is STILL a windows phone and I even called a few tmobile stores in the area and they either never heard of the M8 windows(LOL) or don't carry it in store.

How in the world is this phone going to be any type of hit or even relevant when the carriers are not even properly selling it? We did go to the flagship store and they did have them in stock(my friend ended up with the 830) but the phone was off in a corner somewhere like it was in time out or something. And when this phone doesn't sell in high numbers, HTC likely wont be in any rush to update it just like their 8x and as a whole, it will hurt the platform.

Even the flagship store seemed less enthused about it.

I really wished Microsoft, HTC and Nokia(well Microsoft) could create some type of store and give us phones at Nexus Prices without the updates being held by carriers and start advertising on their own because even our hero ATT still is slack when it comes to properly displaying.

As much as I love the 1520, it makes no sense that the 1520(along with the cheap 635 ) has such a prominent display yet a newly launched WIndows Phone is either falsely advertised as being the android version(which confuses customers) or thrown into a corner somewhere.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
They never heard of it??? How in the hell do you sell phones, but you have no idea what is going on in the field????? This is plain ol' stupidity... Sorry for saying it.... But it just bugs me that these same people will clamp onto one OS and claim it as the new universal truth -_- Honestly it wouldn't hurt to check out a few sites to increase your knowledge on the subject..... WP as a platform is doomed as long as these people are allowed to live so ignorantly...

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
You know what's also as bad? When you walk into a store such as TMO, ATT, and such.......and displays for Galaxy or any other Android phone have these nice displays with working demo phones. Walk over to the WP section, if there is one, and they're all dummy empty shell phones.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You know what's also as bad? When you walk into a store such as TMO, ATT, and such.......and displays for Galaxy or any other Android phone have these nice displays with working demo phones. Walk over to the WP section, if there is one, and they're all dummy empty shell phones.
Oh that bothers me as well. I remember when I wanted to go check out the Lumia 925 at Tmo and they didn't have a working model but they even had working models of DUMBPHONES. It's like they really despise windows phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans