01-15-2015 03:54 PM
83 1234
tools
    I was in the Tmob store today and the rep said they could order it for me from the store no problem and have it shipped to my home. I'm not eligible for a jump yet, so they are just letting me add the phone to my EIP plan without adding an additional line. Paying for 2 phones now, but you can never have too many WP phones :)
    Auric Jarrel likes this.
    11-23-2014 07:30 PM
    I was in the Tmob store today and the rep said they could order it for me from the store no problem and have it shipped to my home. I'm not eligible for a jump yet, so they are just letting me add the phone to my EIP plan without adding an additional line. Paying for 2 phones now, but you can never have too many WP phones :)
    Thanks. Glad to know this works!
    11-23-2014 07:59 PM
    Well the Start screen wont sync up and I hope they add that feature in a future update. You'll have to arrange your tiles from scratch. As for your apps, you should be able to go to the Store app, then swip up from the bottom and go to Downloads. There you should see a listing of Pending Downloads. I just tap on each one so the downloads can start.

As for email, you should have signed in with an Outlook.com account, with that, you should get an email tile for that email account.
    My apps and tiles loaded on start screen correctly.
    11-23-2014 08:16 PM
    It actually doesn't seem like I can use jump online. I actually tried to use it over phone but the rep on the other end told me I have to go in store so they can check my phone before trading in.

This is a bit of a roadblock for me considering they only sell this phone online, jump is the only way I can get it, but I couldn't upgrade online anyway because the stupid PAH permissions prevent me from doing so.

What I'm hoping can happen is that my local T-Mobile store can look over my phone approve it for trade in, and then just order my phone online from the store. It's a long shot but it looks like the only way I can get my hands on this device. T-Mobile couldn't have made this launch any more difficult.
    Mine was a jump order placed online. /shrug. Did you answer questions correctly for phone condition? If you answer with damage etc, it will say bring to store.
    11-23-2014 08:19 PM
    I couldn't get to that part. I'm tied in a family plan where I'm not the primary account holder, so I couldn't order the phone online. Tried adjusting the permissions and everything but no dice. Tried ordering by phone through customer care, but the rep told me I could only process jump orders in store where they can check my phone before trading it in. So frustrating, but I'm heading to the store first thing in the morning so hopefully we can get this resolved.
    11-23-2014 10:59 PM
    I couldn't get to that part. I'm tied in a family plan where I'm not the primary account holder, so I couldn't order the phone online. Tried adjusting the permissions and everything but no dice. Tried ordering by phone through customer care, but the rep told me I could only process jump orders in store where they can check my phone before trading it in. So frustrating, but I'm heading to the store first thing in the morning so hopefully we can get this resolved.

You will likely have trouble at the store as well, since you are not the account holder, unless you bring that person with you.
    11-24-2014 12:53 AM
    You will likely have trouble at the store as well, since you are not the account holder, unless you bring that person with you.
    Never had problems upgrading in the store before. I've bought all my previous phones in-store
    11-24-2014 01:37 AM
    Purchased a case for it from Fry's. Nothing too fancy, just a $16 case for now until I receive the Xbox dot view case.
    11-24-2014 09:28 AM
    Was able to place my order in the store today. Should have just went there from the beginning. Glad that hassle is over.

I ordered the Spigen slim armor case off Newegg Thursday which should arrive today. Was only $17. Shame I wont have a shiny new M8 to put in it just yet.
    11-24-2014 04:29 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Moved from a Lumia 925.

Initial impression....... Holy crap this thing is fast.
    Auric Jarrel, mark233 and jlangner like this.
    11-25-2014 09:12 AM
    Got mine yesterday. Moved from a Lumia 925.

Initial impression....... Holy crap this thing is fast.
    Same here. Got it yesterday and that was my initial impression!
    jlangner and threezit like this.
    11-25-2014 04:58 PM
    Same here. Got it yesterday and that was my initial impression!
    I third that..haha
    mark233 and threezit like this.
    11-25-2014 07:25 PM
    Arrived last night. Several observations:

• Restoring from my backup of my 925 stuck at 25%. Kept getting prompted with the (paraphrased) "We know it's taking a while, but would like to keep going..continue or cancel?" I continued 3 or 4 times and it never got past 25% so I canceled. The home screen wasn't laid out right but my accounts were there and I had no idea what state the phone was in so I reset the phone and started over. I was going to try the restore from my 925 backup one more time, but my Nokia backup had been replaced with a backup of the M8 so I started fresh. That was frustrating as it took a while to set up everything how I liked it but I finally got it there.
    • As others have said, it's fast.
    • The screen on my 925 was better; colors aren't as bright and the black isn't as black. I expected this and I'm not disappointed but the 925 was better.
    • I miss glance - mostly last night when I woke up and couldn't look at my phone to see what time it is without touching it. These days the clock on the dresser is too far away for my older eyes and glance helped out with that quite nicely.
    • The device feels great in my hand. It's a bit bulkier with the Spiegen Slim Armor case but I want a case and this case looks and feels really nice.
    • I definitely like the bigger screen although it's one of those things you probably only really appreciate if you go back to something smaller.
    • No sim tray issues. The sim was installed by TMO although I did pop it open and take it out.
    • I did have one pixel at the very, very top that seemed stuck "on" with a light color but a reboot seemed to solve it.

Overall, very happy. I can't wait to see what MS has in store with WP10 from both an OS and hardware perspective. I should have a Jump available by then and I'll go from there.
    Auric Jarrel likes this.
    11-26-2014 10:32 AM
    Arrived last night. Several observations:

• Restoring from my backup of my 925 stuck at 25%. Kept getting prompted with the (paraphrased) "We know it's taking a while, but would like to keep going..continue or cancel?" I continued 3 or 4 times and it never got past 25% so I canceled. The home screen wasn't laid out right but my accounts were there and I had no idea what state the phone was in so I reset the phone and started over. I was going to try the restore from my 925 backup one more time, but my Nokia backup had been replaced with a backup of the M8 so I started fresh. That was frustrating as it took a while to set up everything how I liked it but I finally got it there.
    • As others have said, it's fast.
    • The screen on my 925 was better; colors aren't as bright and the black isn't as black. I expected this and I'm not disappointed but the 925 was better.
    • I miss glance - mostly last night when I woke up and couldn't look at my phone to see what time it is without touching it. These days the clock on the dresser is too far away for my older eyes and glance helped out with that quite nicely.
    • The device feels great in my hand. It's a bit bulkier with the Spiegen Slim Armor case but I want a case and this case looks and feels really nice.
    • I definitely like the bigger screen although it's one of those things you probably only really appreciate if you go back to something smaller.
    • No sim tray issues. The sim was installed by TMO although I did pop it open and take it out.
    • I did have one pixel at the very, very top that seemed stuck "on" with a light color but a reboot seemed to solve it.

Overall, very happy. I can't wait to see what MS has in store with WP10 from both an OS and hardware perspective. I should have a Jump available by then and I'll go from there.
    Great observations man. I'm upgrading from a 925 also and was wondering how the adjustment from the ClearBlack display would go. I too am anxious to see what's in store for Windows 10 in time for my jump upgrade.
    11-26-2014 02:05 PM
    Just got mine in today. Everything works great (noticeably faster like everyone else said) although I am noticing I'm getting lesser bars in my own house than I was on my 925. I haven't had any dropped calls or anything yet, but it is something I'm going to be paying attention to, especially with this phone's lack of Wi-Fi calling.
    11-28-2014 09:30 PM
    Strange, I get more bars than I do with Lumias.
    12-04-2014 07:29 PM
    Mine is going back - exchange unit should be here today. I noticed that I have a dead pixel so I took it into the store. The sales rep said he thought it was a piece of dirt under the screen and not a dead pixel (after looking again, he may be right.) Rep told me since I ordered it online I had to call TMO which I did, and they set up an exchange. They're also giving me the current sale price. So, win-win.

Side note: When I took it into the store the sales rep asked me "Where did you get that? It's not available yet!" He seemed surprised I could order it online - he thought the launch had been delayed.
    12-11-2014 01:09 PM
    My phone arrived Tuesday, had the same prob jd had with data getting stuck at 25%. I did a factory reset and started clean, and I, too, had a light pixel that corrected itself.

One thing that is a minor irk: The screen isn't as responsive as the 925, meaning I get a moment of lag while using the touch screen online, and sometimes apps/web pages will simply close themselves and take me back to the start screen.

Aside from that, I love this phone!
    12-12-2014 10:40 PM
    How's WiFi Calling treating everybody? I heard some phones shipped without it installed?
    12-22-2014 03:55 PM
    How's WiFi Calling treating everybody? I heard some phones shipped without it installed?
    To my knowledge I don't think any of them have it. Did you happen to get one with it installed?
    12-22-2014 07:27 PM
    This is also something I'm interested in knowing, is WI-FI calling ever coming to the HTC M8 One for Windows on T-Mobile? As far as I know it is still not available, but is it something that will ever be on there?
    12-24-2014 05:02 PM
    According to a canned tweet from Tmob, an OTA update will be delivered sometime in 2015 that adds WiFi calling. I don't recall if they were specific as to when in 2015 though. Regardless, I just ordered one today for my Xmas present to myself. Couldn't take reading about it anymore lol
    12-24-2014 05:26 PM
    According to a canned tweet from Tmob, an OTA update will be delivered sometime in 2015 that adds WiFi calling. I don't recall if they were specific as to when in 2015 though. Regardless, I just ordered one today for my Xmas present to myself. Couldn't take reading about it anymore lol
    Yea was told same. Welcome to M8! Still loving mine!
    ajb1965 likes this.
    12-24-2014 08:07 PM
    Just got my M8 a couple of days ago, upgraded from a 925. Absolutely loving the phone so far.
    12-24-2014 09:32 PM
    Upgraded to a M8 from a 8X and got my wife one for Christmas to upgrade her Lumia 820.
    12-24-2014 10:02 PM
83 1234