Official 'I Got My HTC One From T-Mobile' Thread

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Arrived last night. Several observations:

• Restoring from my backup of my 925 stuck at 25%. Kept getting prompted with the (paraphrased) "We know it's taking a while, but would like to keep going..continue or cancel?" I continued 3 or 4 times and it never got past 25% so I canceled. The home screen wasn't laid out right but my accounts were there and I had no idea what state the phone was in so I reset the phone and started over. I was going to try the restore from my 925 backup one more time, but my Nokia backup had been replaced with a backup of the M8 so I started fresh. That was frustrating as it took a while to set up everything how I liked it but I finally got it there.
  • As others have said, it's fast.
  • The screen on my 925 was better; colors aren't as bright and the black isn't as black. I expected this and I'm not disappointed but the 925 was better.
  • I miss glance - mostly last night when I woke up and couldn't look at my phone to see what time it is without touching it. These days the clock on the dresser is too far away for my older eyes and glance helped out with that quite nicely.
  • The device feels great in my hand. It's a bit bulkier with the Spiegen Slim Armor case but I want a case and this case looks and feels really nice.
  • I definitely like the bigger screen although it's one of those things you probably only really appreciate if you go back to something smaller.
  • No sim tray issues. The sim was installed by TMO although I did pop it open and take it out.
  • I did have one pixel at the very, very top that seemed stuck "on" with a light color but a reboot seemed to solve it.

Overall, very happy. I can't wait to see what MS has in store with WP10 from both an OS and hardware perspective. I should have a Jump available by then and I'll go from there.

Auric Jarrel

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Arrived last night. Several observations:

• Restoring from my backup of my 925 stuck at 25%. Kept getting prompted with the (paraphrased) "We know it's taking a while, but would like to keep going..continue or cancel?" I continued 3 or 4 times and it never got past 25% so I canceled. The home screen wasn't laid out right but my accounts were there and I had no idea what state the phone was in so I reset the phone and started over. I was going to try the restore from my 925 backup one more time, but my Nokia backup had been replaced with a backup of the M8 so I started fresh. That was frustrating as it took a while to set up everything how I liked it but I finally got it there.
  • As others have said, it's fast.
  • The screen on my 925 was better; colors aren't as bright and the black isn't as black. I expected this and I'm not disappointed but the 925 was better.
  • I miss glance - mostly last night when I woke up and couldn't look at my phone to see what time it is without touching it. These days the clock on the dresser is too far away for my older eyes and glance helped out with that quite nicely.
  • The device feels great in my hand. It's a bit bulkier with the Spiegen Slim Armor case but I want a case and this case looks and feels really nice.
  • I definitely like the bigger screen although it's one of those things you probably only really appreciate if you go back to something smaller.
  • No sim tray issues. The sim was installed by TMO although I did pop it open and take it out.
  • I did have one pixel at the very, very top that seemed stuck "on" with a light color but a reboot seemed to solve it.

Overall, very happy. I can't wait to see what MS has in store with WP10 from both an OS and hardware perspective. I should have a Jump available by then and I'll go from there.

Great observations man. I'm upgrading from a 925 also and was wondering how the adjustment from the ClearBlack display would go. I too am anxious to see what's in store for Windows 10 in time for my jump upgrade.

Auric Jarrel

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine in today. Everything works great (noticeably faster like everyone else said) although I am noticing I'm getting lesser bars in my own house than I was on my 925. I haven't had any dropped calls or anything yet, but it is something I'm going to be paying attention to, especially with this phone's lack of Wi-Fi calling.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine is going back - exchange unit should be here today. I noticed that I have a dead pixel so I took it into the store. The sales rep said he thought it was a piece of dirt under the screen and not a dead pixel (after looking again, he may be right.) Rep told me since I ordered it online I had to call TMO which I did, and they set up an exchange. They're also giving me the current sale price. So, win-win.

Side note: When I took it into the store the sales rep asked me "Where did you get that? It's not available yet!" He seemed surprised I could order it online - he thought the launch had been delayed.

Spectral Entity

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
My phone arrived Tuesday, had the same prob jd had with data getting stuck at 25%. I did a factory reset and started clean, and I, too, had a light pixel that corrected itself.

One thing that is a minor irk: The screen isn't as responsive as the 925, meaning I get a moment of lag while using the touch screen online, and sometimes apps/web pages will simply close themselves and take me back to the start screen.

Aside from that, I love this phone!

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
How's WiFi Calling treating everybody? I heard some phones shipped without it installed?

This is also something I'm interested in knowing, is WI-FI calling ever coming to the HTC M8 One for Windows on T-Mobile? As far as I know it is still not available, but is it something that will ever be on there?

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
According to a canned tweet from Tmob, an OTA update will be delivered sometime in 2015 that adds WiFi calling. I don't recall if they were specific as to when in 2015 though. Regardless, I just ordered one today for my Xmas present to myself. Couldn't take reading about it anymore lol

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
According to a canned tweet from Tmob, an OTA update will be delivered sometime in 2015 that adds WiFi calling. I don't recall if they were specific as to when in 2015 though. Regardless, I just ordered one today for my Xmas present to myself. Couldn't take reading about it anymore lol

Yea was told same. Welcome to M8! Still loving mine!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine in today. Everything works great (noticeably faster like everyone else said) although I am noticing I'm getting lesser bars in my own house than I was on my 925. I haven't had any dropped calls or anything yet, but it is something I'm going to be paying attention to, especially with this phone's lack of Wi-Fi calling.
I noticed getting one bar less on signal strength compared to my 925 in my apartment. But my download/upload speeds are spot on the same as my 925. Maybe it's because of the HTC having CAT4 LTE as opposed to the CAT3 LTE in the 925?

Auric Jarrel

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I noticed getting one bar less on signal strength compared to my 925 in my apartment. But my download/upload speeds are spot on the same as my 925. Maybe it's because of the HTC having CAT4 LTE as opposed to the CAT3 LTE in the 925?
That might possibly be it. I didn't think of that before.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Curiosity got the best of me and I was bored lol. This morning I spent some time testing download/upload speeds on my tmo925, 830, and tmoHTC One M8(W). I ran 4 tests on each starting with the 925. I discovered that the HTC and 830 consistently had slightly better download/upload LTE than the 925. Biggest difference was in upload (some upload speeds were almost double that of the 925). During the tests the 925 showed full 5 bars of LTE whereas both the 830 and HTC showed full 4 bars of LTE.

Update 12/28/2014: Same tests. This time around the 925 and 830 pretty much even. HTC consistently had higher download speeds tho. (I need to get out more)

Last edited:

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
This is my "ME TOO!!!" post. Much lighter than I was expecting, speakers and display are really nice as well. Very pleased with this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb