11-30-2014 04:16 PM
43 12
tools
    I've never owned anything but HTC's and Nokias. That Nokia 822 has been a real trooper, and I shouldn't have strayed back to HTC, considering my bad history with them. I really wanted to give them another chance, but they blew it. I make most of my calls on speakerphone, so this was probably the number one thing that could have gone wrong to make me immediately give up.

Also, ain't nothin' gonna make me give up Windows Phone. I have too much invested in it (personal interest, apps, disdain for Google/Apple, etc).

Does the ATIV SE have that weird pseudo-leather feel a lot of Samsung stuff does? I'm not terribly fond of that. 100 dollars less for new, off contract phoneage does sound nice though... (EDIT: Nevermind, if I buy the SE through Verizon, it costs as much as the M8. They still have Icons at my local store for 500 compared to 600. Time to edge that stuff!)

Stupid hard decisions! If Verizon would just update the Icon, it'd be the simplest thing ever.
    11-22-2014 01:50 AM
    I've never owned anything but HTC's and Nokias. That Nokia 822 has been a real trooper, and I shouldn't have strayed back to HTC, considering my bad history with them. I really wanted to give them another chance, but they blew it. I make most of my calls on speakerphone, so this was probably the number one thing that could have gone wrong to make me immediately give up.

Also, ain't nothin' gonna make me give up Windows Phone. I have too much invested in it (personal interest, apps, disdain for Google/Apple, etc).

Does the ATIV SE have that weird pseudo-leather feel a lot of Samsung stuff does? I'm not terribly fond of that. 100 dollars less for new, off contract phoneage does sound nice though... (EDIT: Nevermind, if I buy the SE through Verizon, it costs as much as the M8. They still have Icons at my local store for 500 compared to 600. Time to edge that stuff!).
    As far as windows Phone goes, I've mainly owned Nokia. I did own the 8x(lovely device at the time).

I did own HTC android Phones( most of my android phones were android). I loved them up until like 2010-2011 and they fell off for me by then.

Personally I find the speakers on the M8 nice but completely overrated for music. My 1520 may not have the complete BOOM of the M8 but music is great and sounds good. So I find the M8 speakers completely overrated personally.

As far as the SE, it is more akin to the Galaxy S4 than the Gs5 hardware wise :D

LOL if you're going to spend 500 bucks on an Icon or what have you, why not just switch over to At&t and next the 830? Next being Att's version of edge.

Stupid hard decisions! If Verizon would just update the Icon, it'd be the simplest thing ever.
    11-22-2014 02:14 AM
    Because I just switched to Verizon to save money and get actual good coverage around where I live. It's really annoying; Verizon has the good coverage in the outskirts of my city, and I could join my sister's share plan, but they don't have the phones I could buy without hesitation.

(Also, the way I use phones, I honestly don't care a whole bunch about the specs, just as long as it works reliably and has a good battery life.)
    11-22-2014 02:23 AM
    Insult to injury, Verizon charged me a restocking fee because I had swapped out two phones, and wouldn't refund me the cost of the screen protector I'd gotten for the second one. Really hope that Dumb and Dumber Too can make me feel better about life, because I need SOMETHING to go well.
    11-22-2014 04:45 PM
    I have never had that problem. Sorry to hear you did.
    Darthbobcat likes this.
    11-22-2014 04:55 PM
    Insult to injury, Verizon charged me a restocking fee because I had swapped out two phones, and wouldn't refund me the cost of the screen protector I'd gotten for the second one. Really hope that Dumb and Dumber Too can make me feel better about life, because I need SOMETHING to go well.
    What phone did you end up getting?
    11-22-2014 05:14 PM
    Stuck with my old 822. Still the best I ever had.
    11-22-2014 06:44 PM
    I have never had that problem. Sorry to hear you did.
    Apparently no one else in the world has either. And I got it on two! Must've been a bunch of defective units at that Verizon.
    11-22-2014 06:46 PM
    Trust me I know the feeling I swore up and down after my 8x I'd never own HTC again but the one m8 has changed my opinion. Sorry to hear your bad luck with but hey third times the charm lol
    11-23-2014 06:35 PM
    Trust me I know the feeling I swore up and down after my 8x I'd never own HTC again but the one m8 has changed my opinion. Sorry to hear your bad luck with but hey third times the charm lol
    Or three strikes you're out lol
    11-23-2014 11:28 PM
    Should of got an Lumia 830.
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    11-23-2014 11:54 PM
    Lol yea however my third HTC 8x worked perfectly and it was a shame I dropped it and cracked screen. And I love my m8 so glad I went with this and not the icon
    11-23-2014 11:56 PM
    Lol you should go with HTC if they come up with something even better than M8. However only on Android.. They do pretty good job there with updates. It's their holy grail in centre of attention.
    11-24-2014 12:00 AM
    Lol yea however my third HTC 8x worked perfectly and it was a shame I dropped it and cracked screen. And I love my m8 so glad I went with this and not the icon
    Eh can't see how lol but to each their own :P
    11-24-2014 01:12 AM
    Deleted
    Last edited by Kevin Rush; 11-25-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    11-25-2014 07:46 PM
    Eh can't see how lol but to each their own :P
    I see you're still annoying as ever
    Adrynalyne and cbreze like this.
    11-26-2014 08:26 AM
    I see you're still annoying as ever
    I see you're still as bitter as ever :P happy thanksgiving
    11-27-2014 02:41 PM
    If the speakerphone button acted as the mute button.... Then isn't that a software issue and not a hardware?
    11-30-2014 04:16 PM
43 12