Anyone have any Bluetooth Hands Free calling issues with the One M8 for Windows?

TFO2020

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello all;

My wife has a One M8 for Windows on Verizon. She has been using it now for a few months. At first she didn't have any issues with it, but recently it appears that her Bluetooth connection for Hands Free Calling is having issues. Any time she turns it on the connection is successful, but the person on the other end hears a very digitized and slowed down version of what is said. It sounds a lot like a robot with a very low battery. The call is not dropped the audio quality is just un-usable. If she toggles back to the handset all is fine. The Bluetooth device is question is her 2010 Honda Odyssey. If I connect my Lumia Icon to it instead everything is fine. I also don't think it is the Bluetooth radio itself, because she is able to pair with other Bluetooth devices OK like her Microsoft band.

Any thoughts? Is this a known issue for the One M8?

Thanks!

cannon#WP

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
That's weird. While I've only had my M8 for a month, I haven't had any problems with the phone's bluetooth connecting to my 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I have had to stop and start my car's radio when the sound doesn't come through completely, but I've had to do that in the past with my 920 and ATIV. I'd say next time that voice effect happens, try doing the same on her radio (turn off/ turn on) or delete the connection and re-pair the phone.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
No problem here either, oddly I have a Hyundai (2013) also and occasionally have to restart the car when the connection breaks.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I occasionally have the BT sound choppy and fragmented in my Fiat but only for phone calls, Cortana would come through clear. A quick M8 reboot resolves it.

markdunson

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I am using the M8 with a 2014 Audi Q7. The phone connects to the car with no issue. I can initiate and have handsfree calls. From time to time, the BT connection will not drop but I will hear a low volume tone (high pitch) and I cannot hear the caller on the other end. The other end reports that they can hear my, but I cannot hear them. If I pull down the notification center and tap the Bluetooth widget, turning off the Bluetooth and then turn it back on, it all is working again. One hypothesis is that when a conflicting notification comes through the phone to be broadcast over the car system, there is some kind of conflict. Prior to the M8, I was using the Lumia 920 with no issues at all with the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire