How happy are you with your new HTC one M8 for Windows ?

TechFranz

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The sound and quality are great! Nice and loud and clear. The camera is good as well. Anyone notice a lag when returning to the home screen? Also, I am noticing a lag when switching from portrait to landscape in Fresh Paint.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I like my M8 for Verizon so much that i bought a second one for my AT&T line.

Did AT&T remove anything from this phone like they did with the 1520? My 920 is dieing and I thought it was just a battery issue but it's looking like there is more going on. I've had it since they came out and I love my 920 so I'm worried about losing anything, beyond the Qi wireless charging obviously.

dserrano

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
They have not removed anything. It's the same deal as far as I know. Verizon's though is part of their global ready program so if you travel you can insert a sim card and boom.

I just got mine today from AT&T and love it! I also uninstalled all carrier bloatware. I am coming from Android and did not know it was that easy to delete bloatware in Windows Phone.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Its easily the best windows phone t mobile has offered and it shows when you use it right away. I loved my 925 but it never get elite. I got a 128gb SD card from eBay for 14$ so now I have more space than I ever had on a phone. The screen is beautiful and feels silky smooth. The device is beautiful and feels premium. I am so happy. The dot cover is great.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday. At first, "that's not a Nokia phone". After using it for a few hours, it's beginning to grow on me. I'm coming from the ICON. Even though the M8 is mostly one piece metal, it doesn't feel as well built as the ICON. Still setting it up and making it run as close to the ICON as I can so will reserve final judgement for a few days, weeks.

Update:

It did not take a few days to determine that I miss my ICON a lot. This is a good phone, should satisfy anyone and runs WP 8.1 really smoothly. I just can't get warm and fuzzy about it. I just bought another ICON off Swappa and can't wait to get it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this phone, It's just not a Nokia and that means a lot to me.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday. At first, "that's not a Nokia phone". After using it for a few hours, it's beginning to grow on me. I'm coming from the ICON. Even though the M8 is mostly one piece metal, it doesn't feel as well built as the ICON. Still setting it up and making it run as close to the ICON as I can so will reserve final judgement for a few days, weeks.

Sorry to hear you left the icon but look forward to hearing your future thoughts.

Silent Fox

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I am fairly happy with my m8, but there are a few features im displeased over. The lack of wireless charging is a bummer,( I hollowed out a hole and installed a wireless charger inside my night stand that is now useless) I like the dotview case, but it doesn't seem like the m8 can work as a compass, and the biggest complaint I have is the camera is not as good as my HTC 8x camera. And my m8 had a bad overheating problem before i factor reset it (which fixed it for now)

I bought it for the slow motion video, and yeah its an awesome phone, but I think in order for it to be a top end phone it needs to have all the features available on the market, and a much higher mp camera. Honestly I think Microsoft should embrace windows phone as the "camera phones" of smart phones, and everyone one of them should have at least 20mp (that might sound ridiculous, but its 2014 and they need something to make them relevant)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am fairly happy with my m8, but there are a few features im displeased over. The lack of wireless charging is a bummer,( I hollowed out a hole and installed a wireless charger inside my night stand that is now useless) I like the dotview case, but it doesn't seem like the m8 can work as a compass, and the biggest complaint I have is the camera is not as good as my HTC 8x camera. And my m8 had a bad overheating problem before i factor reset it (which fixed it for now)

I bought it for the slow motion video, and yeah its an awesome phone, but I think in order for it to be a top end phone it needs to have all the features available on the market, and a much higher mp camera. Honestly I think Microsoft should embrace windows phone as the "camera phones" of smart phones, and everyone one of them should have at least 20mp (that might sound ridiculous, but its 2014 and they need something to make them relevant)
You can't really put that on Microsoft. Microsoft specifically has much better phones with camera quality that is better...lumia. This is an htc thing since they are porting it from android so microsoft embracing it has nothing to do with its megapixel.

Besides let Lumia be known for what it is. I don't want Microsoft to Muck around with the cameras simply because i don't want to devalue the Lumia brand. Unless boomsound is coming to all windows phone.

I still dont know whose bright idea it was to give only 4 megapixels in a super high end phone where you have to be careful not to overcrop and zoom. Or the pictures are only suitable for say facebook or instagram.

Should have been at least 8...especially when the iphone 6+ has a top class camera, second to lumia, as well as even galaxy line....and sony and i believe even lg and the new moto.

Htc was being different for the sake of being different and unfortunately the camera is usually the thing it gets nicked for and also the very reason this phone unfortunately goes ignored as it does because most don't want it.

I hear the m9 may finally make htc have a more modern camera. I likely won't get it....but we shall see. If they still carry that stupid ultrapixel in 2015, something is off.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I took the plunge today and ordered the M8 from Verizon via an "Edge Up". It should be here Tuesday. I also ordered a horizontal belt case from Amazon.

Last edited:

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone delivered today, super quick. Problem was, it was the android version....
It was probably my mistake. Anyway, went to the store to exchange it, and they wanted to charge me a $35 re-stocking fee. I had to call VZW while in the store to get the fee credited to my account. That was really so that the store, which has the authority to waive the fee, didn't take the hit. This is why I hate going in to this type of store. It's less customer service and more "how can we profit".

The phone is all set up now and works great, so far! I had exchanged my Lumia Icon so will do a short review in a day or so.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm a couple of weeks into mine, and really liking it. Coming from a Note 2, I'm amazed at the the battery life, this thing just sips the juice! Very pleased with the switch to WP as well. Picked up a transparent case that really shows off the great styling of the one M8. Integration with my MS Band has been flawless, with rock-solid BT connectivity throughout the house. Over time, I'm sure some sort of a niggle will show up, but so far I've not found anything that's not to like.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site

Update:

It did not take a few days to determine that I miss my ICON a lot. This is a good phone, should satisfy anyone and runs WP 8.1 really smoothly. I just can't get warm and fuzzy about it. I just bought another ICON off Swappa and can't wait to get it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this phone, It's just not a Nokia and that means a lot to me.

Saw your post...was thinking of going from ICON to this but I am afraid I'll miss my ICON and the camera. The XBOX Dot Case is tempting as a ****** novelty but I'd be better off sticking with the ICON I believe, for now...I'm kind of hoping we may see a Dev. Preview of 10 during the consumer announcement in late January...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just posted and update. I bought another ICON today. Just couldn't stay away from that Nokia goodness.

Smart choice :) I made a jump to the iPhone 6+ and the phone was amazing but it wasn't a Lumia and I immediately switched back to my Lumia. Can't give up the goodness :)

Sometimes you have to jump to the other side to truly appreciate that you have the best. I couldn't ever use an m8 as a daily driver as I'd feel like I am missing something plus worried about updates and support, considering it is HTC. It is not a bad phone but I simply want the best experience and I fear htc can't provide that. Good to have you back in the Lumia fam :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Saw your post...was thinking of going from ICON to this but I am afraid I'll miss my ICON and the camera. The XBOX Dot Case is tempting as a ****** novelty but I'd be better off sticking with the ICON I believe, for now...I'm kind of hoping we may see a Dev. Preview of 10 during the consumer announcement in late January...
I honestly don't see the rage about dot view. As attractive as the m8 is, dotview just makes it look so...cheap and tacky. It is like a poor mans glance imo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss