Dot View and more just crapped out on me. Anyone have any ideas?

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Twenty minutes ago, all was well in One M8 for Windows Land.

About 10 minutes ago, I took my phone out of my (nice, loose) coat pocket and opened my Dot View case. Phone didn't come to life. Double taped the screen, nada. Pushed the power button, and it happyily presented me with the unlock screen

I didn't think much of it until I stuck my headphones in and launched the radio app. I had taken it out of my pocket to listen to NPR. "Can't listen without headphones plugged in." Went to unplug and replug my headphones, and the Dot View case snapped shut...but the phone didn't go to sleep. I could see the radio app shining through the little holes.

Okay, reboot time, I guess. Reboot. Still no dotview. Still no double-tap to unlock. Still no recognition of the headphones. This phone has worked flawlessly since I got it a few weeks ago.

As far as I can tell, everything else is fine. Nothing happened to my phone in the period it went from working to not working, of which I am aware. It was happily tucked away in a nice, cushy coat pocket.

Any ideas?

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went ahead and did a factory reset, which fixed it. So, I can say for sure the glitch was software. That's scary, because it means it'll probably come back and it's not like a replacement phone will fix it.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
backup, backup, backup. Did I also mention, always backup everything you can to help overcome a problem like this.

Hope you had a backup.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You didn't say which version you have, but I know the Verizon version is due for an update pretty soon. Hopefully it was a one time bug (which do happen) and it won't come back, but if it does, just hang on for that update. It's coming!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05