Ford Sync - Cortana and Audiocloud work awesome together

calima20

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Wanted to share with everyone a cool feature that has come in very handy. If you setup Cortana to read your messages aloud it will advise you by speech that you have a text and ask you if you wish to hear the message Aloud from "the person" or ignore. This is extremely helpful when driving in my car.

I traditionally stream music from Audiocloud (sound cloud) through my Ford Sync system and when I receive a message it will pause my stream and advise of the text and await further instructions. Once the message is read I can either verbally provide a response or state that I am done and my music commences from where it was paussed. I never once have to look at the device or touch the device.

Another thing that works flawlessly is that I can be streaming from audiocloud through my sync system and once I reach my destination and turn off my car the music will pause. Once I return to my car and start the engine the music will start streaming from exactly where it was paused. One month with this phone and I have not missed my Android phone at all.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I love to hear about the success stories with Cortana like this - when the hardware and software merge seamlessly to create a really good experience!

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
There was a tip here on windows central a ways back about how one of the dev preview updates adds a phone book entry for Cortana so with Sync you can press the phone button and say "Call Cortana" and it "calls" Cortana and you can speak your command. I do have some issues with the "call" "hanging up" before I can give my command, though. If it fails, I just hold the search button on my phone to bring up Cortana and it does the same thing - I can use voice commands using the built in mic in my F-150.

Once I've "called" Cortana, I use things like "Play album 'Train of Thought' or "Play artist Dream Theater" and it works really well.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
There was a tip here on windows central a ways back about how one of the dev preview updates adds a phone book entry for Cortana so with Sync you can press the phone button and say "Call Cortana" and it "calls" Cortana and you can speak your command. I do have some issues with the "call" "hanging up" before I can give my command, though. If it fails, I just hold the search button on my phone to bring up Cortana and it does the same thing - I can use voice commands using the built in mic in my F-150.

Once I've "called" Cortana, I use things like "Play album 'Train of Thought' or "Play artist Dream Theater" and it works really well.

I just discovered this today! It works awesome in my Fiat :D Little victories lol

DrRyder

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have found that Cortana syncs very nicely with my 2012 Honda Civic EX. Pretty much same behavior as OP. If I'm listening to music through FM, USB, etc and a message/call comes through, it will pause and Cortana will come on to read the text message or the phone will ring. Its very nice not having to touch anything when a call/text comes in.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
FYI WP Did this even before Cortana, it's not new. The automobile and phone partnerships have not always been successful as it was strictly a BT interface but it's worked for me on 8.0 also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss