Lock Button

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
So having the lock button on the top Vs the side on such a tall device has been bugging me some. I'm finding that I have to adjust alot to hit it and do screenshots alot too.

So I'm now using an app called Nice Lock. You can have a tile that you press that locks and turns off the screen. With double tap I don't need the lock button anymore. Thought I would share.

DatabaseMX

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
"So having the lock button on the top Vs the side on such a tall device has been bugging me some. I'm finding that I have to adjust alot to hit it and do screenshots alot too."

Annoying is a nice word. Insane is a better word. Clearly, the engineers that design these phones do NOT use them. WTF??
just came from the ICON ... where ALL buttons were on the right side (Vol, Power & **Dedicated Cam button**). That ... is a smart design.

But as you noted, FORTUNATELY ... there is the double tap feature to unlock.
And I will download Nice Lock now ... for a quick way to Lock ... which is the other half of annoying, lol.

Also ... double annoying (since no workaround):
Head phone jack is at the bottom, instead of at the top (like ICON). SO ... using the Kickstand case, I cannot plug my headset (for phone calls) into the phone w/o laying the phone down, or setting the using the kickstand sideways (not preferred). Again .. another WTF ??

Thx for the tip on the Nice Lock.

= = =

OK ... I just installed ... perfect !!
Thx again !!

Now ... here is an app waiting to happen:
Turns the volume buttons into a ... camera button (take picture!) ... when the camera is active.
Incoming phone call (etc) would override this, and so on.
Maybe there already is one ?

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Glad I could help.

I've been wondering how long its going to take MS to repurpose the volume buttons, it would be nice to have. For now the only option is the on screen controls, which I've always found that I used more even when I did have a camera button.

As for the headphone jack, I've not used it in years. I have BT everything these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion