03-12-2015 10:08 AM
59 123
tools
    Best Buy has this phone on sale for $29.99 with a 2yr contract. Probably getting the wife to upgrade from her 920 today.
    That's a great deal!
    02-07-2015 12:15 PM
    I picked one of these bad boys a couple days ago. I finally left Sprint, because they offer crap with regard to WP devices. I switched to AT&T. I had the HTC One M7 Android. I liked that phone very much. I only wanted the better OS. So, I upgraded to the M8 with the OS I've been wanting. I am extremely happy thus far. My daughter got the Nokia 830. Both devices are excellent. The Nokia 830 actually feels better in the hand, but I like the front facing speakers so much, it will be hard to ever go back to not having that.
    mark233 likes this.
    02-17-2015 12:28 PM
    Congrats on your new phone!
    02-17-2015 11:11 PM
    I agree with about everything you typed!!

2 things I have to say I have missed more than I thought I would: The physical camera button and the Glance. Glance was simply because my phone is my watch, and having the time without waking the phone up was super handy. The physical button for the camera is handy when something starts happening right in front of you as you are using the phone for something else or if the phone is off. Being able to just hit that button and you are right there is way better than having to back out to the menu and slid to the camera icon.

Otherwise, I like it so far. I dig the onscreen keys. Being able to remove them and bring them back up makes way more sense to me than capacitive keys taking up real estate. It is as quick as a hiccup, and I was watching the "Agent Carter" premier on my Watch ABC app, and the sound was really good. Just a good time.

Love the large selection of cases and accessories as well. It having a fraternal twin that is an Android has its advantages.

Simply put camera in the action center

Also check out HTC advantage folks
    02-19-2015 06:39 AM
    Picked one up yesterday. Love it so far. Only thing I have to get used to is the power button being on top. Keep pressing the SD card slot haha.
    Stiv X likes this.
    03-11-2015 02:45 PM
    Picked one up yesterday. Love it so far. Only thing I have to get used to is the power button being on top. Keep pressing the SD card slot haha.
    You can also double tap on the screen itself to wake the device.
    bmetelsky likes this.
    03-11-2015 04:22 PM
    Nicelock is the app to solve this problem. You can pin a tile to lock the screen then double tap to wake, no need for the button anymore.
    bmetelsky likes this.
    03-11-2015 08:43 PM
    Nicelock is the app to solve this problem. You can pin a tile to lock the screen then double tap to wake, no need for the button anymore.
    I use double tap to wake and nicelock to put it to sleep. Saves some wear and tear on the physical buttons. Nicelock is a really good app.
    03-11-2015 11:42 PM
    Thanks I'll have to check that out. Had no idea about the double-tap until I was watching a video last night (didn't see your replies until now)...that's really cool!
    03-12-2015 10:08 AM
59 123