How do I make it so I can hear Cortana notifications and Here Drive over Bluetooth/iPod?

Expat37

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Cortana & Here Drive over Bluetooth/iPod

Hi everyone--

Hoping I can get some help regarding my new HTC One M8 (with Windows, obviously). I have a 2014 VW Passat with the "premium" touchscreen radio. My M8 is connected to the car's Bluetooth system. Also connected to the car is an old-fashioned iPod (connected to the special iPod jack in the car, NOT the Auxiliary port or USB) so that I can listen to music.

When I listed to music via the iPod, Cortana voices over the music playing and offers to read my text messages and I can also hear the voice prompts from the Nokia HERE Drive app. HOWEVER-- when I am listing to music on my Sirius satellite radio (built into the car), Cortana does not read my messages and I cannot hear any of the voice prompts from Drive. As a I frequently switch between the two sources of music, is there a way to have the voice prompts and Cortana automatically come over the speakers when listening to the satellite radio?

Any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated... Thanks everyone!

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cortana & Here Drive over Bluetooth/iPod

I don't think this is something you can change via the phone. Your radio is what is allowing Bluetooth to override the iPod input. Have you inquired with your VW studio to see if there's a setting on the radio that would allow BT to override everything?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos