Is anyone else having trouble with their HTC dot view case dots not matching the screen properly?

Majin Static

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Got the free Xbox dot view case for my one m8. I really like it but id love it if the dots matched up properly to the screen. The time and names that come across are hard to read unless I pull the cover to the right a tad bit. Has anyone else had this issue and if so maybe found an easy fix? Like maybe stretching the hinge or something.

sixseven

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
It will work better the more you use it. Takes time to break in.

My experience was the opposite. The alignment between the screen and the dots got worse over time. It still looks good, though.

I've recently switched to a Ringke Slim case that I picked up for $5. (slickdeals.net) I miss the dot view case, but I never liked how the flap would not fold back completely flat. Also taking pictures was a bit of a nuisance. I may switch back to the dot view, but for now, I'm trying something different.

VinTheButcher

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The screen protector stops the Dot View case from aligning correctly and not closing completely.

Apparently there is a certain slim screen protector that works with the case.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got the zagg glass screen protector, it prevents dot view from closing. I tried using a hair dryer to stretch it out, but this thing is pretty resilient. I have an industrial heat gun laying around somewhere, when I find it I'll let you know how much I ruined the case :)

matty032

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
I got the misses one. It would leave the fonts huge even after opening the case. She would have to reboot the phone to fix it. Gave up on it, and got a cheap drop case.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same case, it's got slightly worse in the month I've used it. It's more of a depends what angle I look at it kinda thing. Still happy with it thou.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos