Why do all the Nokia fan boys hate the HTC one m8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I was tempted to get the M8 or the L830, but it was the camera on the M8 that didn't sell me on the offer, everything else was there with the high end specs.

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen any sign of this in nearly five years being accurate at all. In the windows phone 7 days there were lots of alternatives and in the windows phone 8 days all OEMs were on equal footing. Samsung and HTC slacked and Nokia rose to power....now with the Nokia sale, blu is an up and comer and HTC has the perfect opportunity to swoop in and be relevant except they aren't.

What will help windows phone is developer and carrier support. Not a rush of OEMs.

I don't mind being an isheep type of person. Because I like the idea that all windows phones are made from the same people who make my operating system and control that. I want Microsoft to take an apple approach because this current android approach is an utter mess.

I think the android approach is what is needed. Your right HTC and Samsung aren't taking advantage of the lack of the ms flagship however, choice and option helps personally I feel like they shouldn't have bought Nokia and just followed a nexus approach but its done and can't be changed.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I also loved my 8X, now have a 1520/925. What I liked about the 8x was its design. It is a beautiful phone. Still better looking than alot phones out today. It also was a great music player in my car. The ffc was 2.1mp, wide angle and was one of the best on the market. The screen was gorgeous also.

I feel like Nokia was/is king of WP since they added other hardware no manufacturer at that time even thought about. Ois, high amplitude mics, crisp superior photos and designs that make people take a second look. As old as those phones are, they still hold water today. Giving a "complete" experience through software and hardware manufacturers are still trying to replicate today.

If HTC provided more updates and replicated what Nokia did, HTC would have a greater share or could've even increased WP market share. Sadly their funds couldn't let them do it

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I was tempted to get the M8 or the L830, but it was the camera on the M8 that didn't sell me on the offer, everything else was there with the high end specs.

I agree 100%. My sister was just about to get it but the camera was a deal breaker. Amazing phone otherwise.

Dk92

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Even though I have a Lumia and I have a fondness for Nokia's(now Microsoft's) phones, I'd switch to another OEM in a heartbeat if the specs were there. The m8 doesn't have a very good camera imo, and I'm not willing to downgrade the experience so drastically from my 1020. Now with the Hima/M9, I might possibly make the jump, that's if the phone is even confirmed for Windows.

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I try and keep up on the Phones for Windows and the forums are really the best place to find out how the phones really are out in the wild, and I have owned a few Lumias and now the M8 and I can say from a purely smart phone stand point the HTC is the best Windows phone out there right now , there is not a phone made that does not have some kind of problem and the Lumias are no different. I will admit the cameras on the Lumias are better and the 1520 has a little better battery life and as far as updates go all you have to do is look at the wreck of the updates for all the Windows phones, there are still some waiting for the 8.1 update and Cyan, and Denim is a real mess. I think I can take my chances with HTC and AT&T. And as far a cameras, I have a really nice Nokia Camera that cost a lot less than $ 4 to $6 hundred dollars to take pictures with, so the one on my M8 works just fine for facebook and Instagram, But oh man the rest of the phone flat smokes the Lumias from looks to performance. And yes I think we need more phone manufacturers to make Windows phone, there are a lot of people out there just like you who think LG and Samsung and Motorola and Sony are the best and they probable would buy a Windows phone if they made them, just for the brand name and they would ague to death that their phone is the best and tell you all the reasons yours isn't, If Nokia's name could not do it, Microsofts isn't going to come close, so we need as many makes as we can get selling Windows phones if we want this OS to grow.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Even though I have a Lumia and I have a fondness for Nokia's(now Microsoft's) phones, I'd switch to another OEM in a heartbeat if the specs were there. The m8 doesn't have a very good camera imo, and I'm not willing to downgrade the experience so drastically from my 1020. Now with the Hima/M9, I might possibly make the jump, that's if the phone is even confirmed for Windows.

Idk if I could even go to the m9. While better than the m8, we've seen that even with comparable specs such as Sony android phones, their phones are great but still not quite there. I've been telling people to wait to see what Lumia comes with in 2015 before Making any decisions.

I was planning to leave for iPhone in September but now that I am here....im realizing now that I love windows 10 so far. Now I need the hardware and I'm set.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I try and keep up on the Phones for Windows and the forums are really the best place to find out how the phones really are out in the wild, and I have owned a few Lumias and now the M8 and I can say from a purely smart phone stand point the HTC is the best Windows phone out there right now , there is not a phone made that does not have some kind of problem and the Lumias are no different. I will admit the cameras on the Lumias are better and the 1520 has a little better battery life and as far as updates go all you have to do is look at the wreck of the updates for all the Windows phones, there are still some waiting for the 8.1 update and Cyan, and Denim is a real mess. I think I can take my chances with HTC and AT&T. And as far a cameras, I have a really nice Nokia Camera that cost a lot less than $ 4 to $6 hundred dollars to take pictures with, so the one on my M8 works just fine for facebook and Instagram, But oh man the rest of the phone flat smokes the Lumias from looks to performance. And yes I think we need more phone manufacturers to make Windows phone, there are a lot of people out there just like you who think LG and Samsung and Motorola and Sony are the best and they probable would buy a Windows phone if they made them, just for the brand name and they would ague to death that their phone is the best and tell you all the reasons yours isn't, If Nokia's name could not do it, Microsofts isn't going to come close, so we need as many makes as we can get selling Windows phones if we want this OS to grow.
Definitely disagree :) take Lumia camera out and HTC speakers, there is no true advantage over either phone truthfully.

Looks/design....i like that I have choice. M8 has one choice.
PPerformance is equal...I'm using the m8 for work. I don't notice anything different.

Take out their signature features and they are equally great. With their signature features, most people will go for the best camera over speakers. The camera is good for social networking....but then again so is my Lumia PLUS I can do more with it and not have to worry about what happens if I crop it.

The updates are fine. Carrier intervention is why we don't have it in the us. And the rollout is slow outside the us but it is coming.

In HTC camp, look how long it took them to get windows phone 8.1....after that back and forth and how even the 8s users thought they couldn't do it.

I've never worried about an official Lumia update.

Plus if HTC once again delays the m9 release like the m8 windows, then that proves HTC hasn't changed much at all.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I've been reading a bunch of forum posts lately and all I see is Nokia fan boys bashing HTC particularly the one m8. I've heard the terms Nokia =premium and stuff like that. The last I checked there is no nokia/microsoft flagship out right now. Aluminum feels more premium than the plastics used by Nokia/ms. Now granted HTC makes like one phone every two years but still shouldn't HTC deserve some credit because the one m8 is a killer device that in my opinion is the best windows phone you can be as of now.

1. THE CAMERA SUCKS! I almost bought the HTC, but in a head to head, my old 822 had a better camera. FAIL.

2. Excessive size due to dual front facing speaker. My phone is not a boom box.

3. Build quality.

4. Support.

5. Exclusive apps.

Moving on.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the android approach is what is needed. Your right HTC and Samsung aren't taking advantage of the lack of the ms flagship however, choice and option helps personally I feel like they shouldn't have bought Nokia and just followed a nexus approach but its done and can't be changed.

Look at apple. Lack of choice isn't doing too bad for them. :p

The android approach isn't working. Lets see we have the 530, 535, 630....which more or less all three shouldn't exist. They are incredibly flawed in their numbering. All three released last year.

Yes we have choice.....now a 4th one in the mix. With the 430

In mid range camp, we have the Lumia 730 and 830....choice yet again yet they may as well merged the phone into one. There's not that much difference between the two.

On the high end side...we have the icon/930 and 1520. Surprisingly their high end is not bad. It's nust the fact they stuck it with the wrong carrier and relied on the 1520 far too long with no suitable successor.

This android approach of releasing all these phones but then making variants is so confusing and it isn't exactly helping the platform.

It's what HTC did with android. They had an android phone out every month and it screwed them in the long run.

Look at them now. They maintain control with less models and aren't essentially screwing customers over releasing a slightly better model less than 6 months later.

Windows phone can be the best of ios and android.....it can't be one or the other. Allow your partners to do the android approach. You take the apple approach. Two high ends, two midrange, one enhanced low end.

January-march your flagship with your first midrange

Summer your more premium mid range with your low end

Fall/winter- your phablet high end

Microsoft already seems to be making the mistake google made with releasing so many devices which begin to give the platform a bad image....see Lumia 530.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
1. THE CAMERA SUCKS! I almost bought the HTC, but in a head to head, my old 822 had a better camera. FAIL.

2. Excessive size due to dual front facing speaker. My phone is not a boom box.

3. Build quality.

4. Support.

5. Exclusive apps.

Moving on.

I agree mostly but unfortunately we are beginning to lose our exclusive apps in favor of the lesser OEMs. But thankfully they still have exclusive features :)

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't have anything against HTC. The M8 is premium in my book.

That said, I do have a lot of fondness for Nokia, arguably more for Nokia than Microsoft even.

It's because of all the things they've contributed to the platform, things that are/were once exclusive to the Lumia line such as great design (IMO), many valuable apps like HERE Maps, certain hardware innovations (especially the camera) and even adding functionality to their phones that is/was missing from WP like call blocking (a problem with some HTC phones, last I heard).

Back when the Lumia 920 was released, Nokia seemed to offer the best Windows Phone experience. The playing field is more balanced now with things like HERE mapping no longer being exclusive. I'm very sad to see Nokia go but on the flip side, I also hope to see more manufacturers.

Last edited:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Nokia ****** logic-
If that phone ain't Nokia then it deserves bashing.

Hope that help you to answer your question.

And this is universal law applied to every ******(Apple ******, Samsung ****** )

Marc Cupido 44

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Same question can be ask, why does htc fanboys hate nokia? Like how htc themselves dissed nokia when they released the htc one. Plus the fact that they used nokia's audio microphones and labelled them as their own

Wphoneshadow

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, i'm not a nokia ****** but i don't hate on HTC either :). Anyway, the fact that i hate about M8 Windows Phone is not being availble outside US.

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
In mid range camp, we have the Lumia 730 and 830... they may as well merged the phone into one. There's not that much difference between the two.

Hey now, I disagree! ;) I have the 830 and very much enjoy the following things:

? glance
? IPS LCD screen
? build quality
? camera button
? rear camera with at least 8mp
? OIS
? 16gb of storage allowing me to put off buying an SD card... For now.

Sure the two phones could be better differentiated spec-wise but they're not the same. I do prefer the smaller size of the 730 but not much else.

=====

Maybe the "Android approach" is what's needed in the short run. Not necessarily more devices but more well-known manufacturers. If these manufacturers all make and support a variety of WP devices, WP will be more visible to consumers, leading to more buyers and more app developers for the platform. It could also lead to more fragmentation and devices not getting updated, but the app store would arguably improve. 😜

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Same question can be ask, why does htc fanboys hate nokia? Like how htc themselves dissed nokia when they released the htc one. Plus the fact that they used nokia's audio microphones and labelled them as their own

Exactly this. I've noticed many have to bash the Lumia icon to somehow prop the m8 up. Its kind of ironic really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786