Why do all the Nokia fan boys hate the HTC one m8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I fail to see the problem.

The problem is dependent on what you want out of your device. I expect my Windows Phone to have a camera button; that's something I really like about my 920. That HTC omitted that was a big negative, in my book. If they took the One (M8)'s chassis and added that button, I'd feel differently. I'd still have some real complaints (I hate on-screen nav buttons, and the lacking Lumia firmware has me questioning what I'd miss out on), but it would be one fewer major complaints.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
To clear it up I feel like its because people don't want it I its not nokia/ms I'm sure if this phone was released by them everyone would love it
You're probably right.
Of course if it was released by them it wwouldnot have that sub par camera.

The m8 is a great phone that unfortunately is made by HTC. If anything, HTC name hurt it. As seen in this thread many have had bad experiences and likely won't try HTC again.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You're probably right.

The m8 is a great phone that unfortunately is made by HTC. If anything, HTC name hurt it. As seen in this thread many have had bad experiences and likely won't try HTC again.

What a load of bull****. There's nothing wrong with the HTC name. Just a bunch of fanboys who think they know what they are talking about. Before there was nokia there was HTC for MS OS devices.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
What a load of bull****. There's nothing wrong with the HTC name. Just a bunch of fanboys who think they know what they are talking about. Before there was nokia there was HTC for MS OS devices.
Yeah I've had several HTC phones and I never hated any of them but the Imagio with Windows Mobile 6.0 or whatever it was never had enough processing power.
The thunderbolt I went to after that was so much faster and of course my first 4G phone. Then I had the rezound then the DNA after that. The camera features are not as many as the Lumia offers that I use now however the HTC launched the camera app faster and took faster repeat full rez shots. My daughter still has my old DNA.
I went to a Samsung S4 after the HTC DNA and the S4 had a slower camera and more lag in some ways.

The HTC phones also took a lot of abuse.

I think the Icon is pretty good but sucks that we lack in getting updates.

The M8 was tempting but I do like the Lumia software and the dedicated camera button.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had Nokia's all my life and never hated on HTC, maybe because my GF has a M7 now. :D It's a good phone, specs wise at least, but Android just screws it up. She has to hard reset it every 8 months because it starts lagging and becoming slow... Tipical android things you know :wink: The new M8 WP seems a much better choice, but i've never held one to try it out. But all the Lumia exclusive features seem to make it less attractive :) Still a great phone tho

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

And you need to stay current. Windows mobile and windows phone are two separate entities.

Oh a d there's nothing wrong with the HTC name? You must not have used android much in the past. Lmao. Phones get released and go unupdated and stuck in outdated versions.

Hmm where in earth does that sound familiar? HTC went from being the number 1 in android over Samsung to third or fourth and same for windows.

But there is nothing wrong with HTC name at all. And people dont equate bad things with HTC at all. We are just silly fanboys lmfao

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
You're probably right.

Look the camera thing was something new they wanted to try if they would have went with a 20 mp duo camera set up the hump would be bigger than on the 1020 and that would hurt the phones sleekness. They wanted to try something different in order to set themselves apart it may not work in your eyes but its nice they tried

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Superboy Micah; But there is nothing wrong with HTC name at all. And people dont equate bad things with HTC at all. We are just silly fanboys lmfao

Yes. Yes you are. And btw, the HTC M8 is still one of the top rated flagship devices on the market today.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Look the camera thing was something new they wanted to try if they would have went with a 20 mp duo camera set up the hump would be bigger than on the 1020 and that would hurt the phones sleekness. They wanted to try something different in order to set themselves apart it may not work in your eyes but its nice they tried

In most peoples eyes. Not mine.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Top rated...good for them. And still not besting Samsung, moto, and LG these days. Or Lumia.

Third times the charm I suppose with the m9...or three strikes you're out.

It is your ridiculous ranting that usually results in these threads being closed. Everyone has an opinion, why continue to express the same opinion over and over and over again. It is not productive and proves nothing.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
And you need to stay current. Windows mobile and windows phone are two separate entities.

Oh a d there's nothing wrong with the HTC name? You must not have used android much in the past. Lmao. Phones get released and go unupdated and stuck in outdated versions.

Hmm where in earth does that sound familiar? HTC went from being the number 1 in android over Samsung to third or fourth and same for windows.

But there is nothing wrong with HTC name at all. And people dont equate bad things with HTC at all. We are just silly fanboys lmfao

II'm not going to get into the whole ****** thing, but you're way off base with your unsubstantiated criticism of HTC. In fact, I'd say you're out there like Pluto. I keep a Titan II in my drawer just to remind me of how nice WP used to be and that was an amazing phone. You also seem to forget about the phone that made flashing ROMs a pastime - HD2. Name one other phone that can run 3 different OSes. Shoot, name one that can run 2.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the M8, the 1520, the 920 and I had a 925 until very recently... They all took excellent photos, but honestly, for sharing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, it didn't matter. The M8 is faster than all of them in action, but that doesn't make it better. I will say this, for social sharing, the M8 is a great camera with a better dynamic range than the Nokia's - top to bottom. Unfortunately, that's where it ends for the M8's superiority. The Lumia PureView line was designed to be the best camera on the market in a phone. I'll pull the 1020 out since it was really a camera with a phone attached to it, but going against the 1520, 920, 925 and 830... The PureView system is amazing.

When you look at the original topic though, Nokia/MS users don't understand what's going on in the market today. It's an all out war between Apple and Android. MS is cleaning up the mess that is left behind from Symbian, BlackBerry and a few others. There's not much in the way of 'good news' to be had in the world of Windows Phone right now. Major providers are pulling Apps (Chase Bank, Bank of America), the OS is going through another 'revamp' where your carrier might or might not give you the update, and people spend more time bickering about what device is better than what they have instead of just feeling great about the device they have. It's not a good place to be.

Microsoft has new flagship devices in the pipe, but they are months away from launch. The Store is still a mess and UA's haven't caught on in the slightest. All the great features of Win 10 are starting to disappear just like they never happened with Win 7... Three screens, one experience... It's just not going to be a reality. If Lumia fans would start embracing others, like HTC, Blu, heck, even Yazz, then maybe Windows Phone will have a chance. Until then, Microsoft is creating a rift in their own OS group and it is going to lead to MS going Android for devices and services. It's cheaper to develop software for a platform that everyone already uses and sell the services (see the Office 365 earnings from last quarter) than it is to sell hardware that nobody wants.

Anyways, to round this out, NO, the camera on the M8 isn't "as good" as the Lumia PureView camera, but then again, the Lumia PureView camera is only on 2 current models right now if I'm not mistaken...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It is your ridiculous ranting that usually results in these threads being closed. Everyone has an opinion, why continue to express the same opinion over and over and over again. It is not productive and proves nothing.

No worse than others regurgitating the same retort. Your point exactly?

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Nokia usually has more advantages with their software and camera and the camera button. Internally, the M8's the best WP, but it doesn't have all the perks of a Nokia phone. At the end of the day, the M8 was just designed for Android and should at least have added a shutter button to acknowledge it was running WP.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Nokia usually has more advantages with their software and camera and the camera button. Internally, the M8's the best WP, but it doesn't have all the perks of a Nokia phone. At the end of the day, the M8 was just designed for Android and should at least have added a shutter button to acknowledge it was running WP.

Microsoft removed the shutter button requirement with 8.1. So even MS doesn't find it to be a necessity.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the M8, the 1520, the 920 and I had a 925 until very recently... They all took excellent photos, but honestly, for sharing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, it didn't matter. The M8 is faster than all of them in action, but that doesn't make it better. I will say this, for social sharing, the M8 is a great camera with a better dynamic range than the Nokia's - top to bottom. Unfortunately, that's where it ends for the M8's superiority. The Lumia PureView line was designed to be the best camera on the market in a phone. I'll pull the 1020 out since it was really a camera with a phone attached to it, but going against the 1520, 920, 925 and 830... The PureView system is amazing.

Microsoft has new flagship devices in the pipe, but they are months away from launch. The Store is still a mess and UA's haven't caught on in the slightest. All the great features of Win 10 are starting to disappear just like they never happened with Win 7... Three screens, one experience... It's just not going to be a reality. If Lumia fans would start embracing others, like HTC, Blu, heck, even Yazz, then maybe Windows Phone will have a chance. Until then, Microsoft is creating a rift in their own OS group and it is going to lead to MS going Android for devices and services. It's cheaper to develop software for a platform that everyone already uses and sell the services (see the Office 365 earnings from last quarter) than it is to sell hardware that nobody wants.

Anyways, to round this out, NO, the camera on the M8 isn't "as good" as the Lumia PureView camera, but then again, the Lumia PureView camera is only on 2 current models right now if I'm not mistaken...

Thanks for that level headed response. My question to you is why do Lumia fans need to embrace HTC for HTC to have success exactly?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Of course, the 930 is simply a recycled Icon. Why do we have to look down on HTC for repurposing hardware? Microsoft allowed for repurposing on purpose, to entice OEMs.

Well, I disagree here, When the Icon/929 was announced, it was said then, that this phone would be released as a GSM version in 6 months, because of the exclusive agreement Verizon had with Nokia. This was a planned device from the birth of the ICON, not really "Recycled parts" as you put it.

The HTC one, was out for a long time before a WP version hit, yea, the M8 was a year old or so but, IF anything this was a Recycled phone. Not being innovative at all.

Is there a problem with that android has some really good hardware just crappy software

Not going to comment on that in detail as we will turn it into a OS war but, HTC or not, that LG G3 with Windows Phone....man, that would be epic, that is a cool phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro