Why do all the Nokia fan boys hate the HTC one m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I disagree here, When the Icon/929 was announced, it was said then, that this phone would be released as a GSM version in 6 months, because of the exclusive agreement Verizon had with Nokia. This was a planned device from the birth of the ICON, not really "Recycled parts" as you put it.

The HTC one, was out for a long time before a WP version hit, yea, the M8 was a year old or so but, IF anything this was a Recycled phone. Not being innovative at all.

Not going to comment on that in detail as we will turn it into a OS war but, HTC or not, that LG G3 with Windows Phone....man, that would be epic, that is a cool phone...

The m8 late release is exactly why the phone isn't selling. Most people went se and icon. Those on att are awaiting 1520 and 1020 successors. The 920 owners are awaiting a proper successor to that. Apparently the 930 isn't it.....

Had this phone been released earlier or at least without the Verizon exclusive and this phone could've been better. By the time it was released ot was old and irrelevant, no matter its 801 processor lol.

I'm not a fan of the LG g3. But Id be curious about xperia.

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
OP, my only reason to not get an HTC is the aluminum case...perfect example, HTC Titan (which I had) loved the hardware, feel etc., but when I touched the back case, the signal dropped by about 2 bars...HTC wasn't helpful with fixing it, so I ended up going to Nokia...that being said, I am not 100% against HTC because my new L920 has issues and Nokia isn't helpful in fixing it either.

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I got the HTC One M8 Windows Phone recently. As noted in another thread I made, I was sorely disappointed with the audio-out quality in this phone, both headphones or on the car stereo. That aside, I think this phone is fantastic.I think this phone beats Lumias at display sharpness and the phone seems faster than a Lumia. I also think the colors on the display look great. HTC knows how to make a good physical design because the phone feels good in the hand, and it doesn't feel cheap like a Samsung. To me though, the audio quality is a major deal-breaker, although most people would probably never notice with their earbud headphones.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Here is a fact: The HTC One M8 for Windows is the most current offering in regards to a Windows Phone Flagship device.

Here is my opinion: The HTC One M8 for Windows is not irrelevant or outdated. I had the pleasure of having the Lumia Icon prior to the M8 and have been more than happy with my switch to the M8. The M8 is superior in every way that counts, for me, with the exception of the camera. I am perfectly fine with this as I am not doing a lot of photography. The speed is great, the form factor of the phone is great, fit and finish are great, etc. It runs the most current released version of Windows 8.1 out of the box and does so in a buttery smooth kind of way. I have enjoyed the Lumia phones that I have had, for myself, and purchased for my son. These have included the L928, Icon, and L630. I am not sure why anybody would spread "hate" or "fud" about any phone out there, Windows or otherwise. It reeks of immaturity and an over inflated sense of self.

Those are my final comments on this thread.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I just dislike HTC because of the crappy quality (and support) of the HTC 8X... damn rubber coating made the beautiful blue look like garbage after a day or 2.

the M8 looks amazing BUT after the 8X and HTC I just can't support HTC

lol I also have an ATIV not a Nokia

BenJAMIN_2009

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I just dislike HTC because of the crappy quality (and support) of the HTC 8X... damn rubber coating made the beautiful blue look like garbage after a day or 2.

the M8 looks amazing BUT after the 8X and HTC I just can't support HTC

lol I also have an ATIV not a Nokia
Hey I should of included the Samsung ones in my question as well lol

Manny C

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really sure why but as I can only speak for myself, the HTC One M8 is by far the best device I have owned. All 3 of my last lumias had many problems, problems that made those devices unusable. When the M8 was introduced, it felt like a breath of fresh air. A chance to try something new instead the problematic Lumias I had been using. The camera is great, I've noticed better results on it than on my 925, but apparently not a pureview=crap. Don't get me wrong- I love and appreciate everything Nokia/Microsoft are doing & have done for windows phone and I'm definitely not done using their devices, I'm excited for the next high end Lumia! But as of right now , my love for Nokia is pretty shaken. I hope the M9 is windows flavored.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
In my case, it's because I gave it a shot for a few days. Everything worked great, except for speakerphone. Two units in a row couldn't use speakerphone consistently. Speakerphone is how I run about 75% of my conversations, so that was unforgivable. Verizon was no help, and I ended up having to pay a restocking fee to go back to my Lumia 822.

Basically, I've had three HTC phones (one of them an Android Rezound), and not one has ever turned out well. I sorta regard them the same way I regard Acer: they make pretty stuff at a reasonable price, and some people swear by them, but I've had way too many bad experiences to consider it again.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't hate. That is a very strong word. Can't remember the last time I used it in a conversation.
I actually feel sorry for HTC owners. They don't get the firmware features offered to Lumia users.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My own reason: the camera, and there are actually two reasons: OIS is nixed (the M7 does have that), and everybody knows 4MP output is way too low. I don't take a lot of photos or videos, but when I do, OIS always makes an enormous difference.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Well the M8 filled the void of no flagship for the past few months perfectly fine so I don't see the whole complaint about "we don't need it" yeah sure the camera is an absolute mess. But the internal hardware shines, it matches those of a 930.

In terms of pricing, since neither of them are in Canada (1020 the last flagship lol) I'll go to the USA stores and see. For some magical reason AT&T charges 669.99$ for the M8 while Verizon charges 499.99$ for no contract. And just for fun T-Mobile charges 639.99$

Lumia 930, well good luck getting that from a carrier since the only one is Verizon with their Icon oh but wait you can't get it... Unless of course you go to a place like expansys in that case they sell it for 399.99$ right now but regular price is 599.99$. So 100$ more than the cheapest price for the M8.

In terms of support from HTC, well, let's just see if they improved from their reorganization.

Also remember the HTC M8 for Windows Phone is locked to Verizon, you can get lumia 930 unlocked including shipping for $ 383 including shipping at Nokia Lumia 930

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally I believe Samsung ativ line is better than the one aside from hardware. I had the pleasure of using one. It's no Nokia but it is far less of a compromise using their phones as it still packs a good punch...and has a good camera. It's the phone I recommend to Verizon owners over the m8

Manny C

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't hate. That is a very strong word. Can't remember the last time I used it in a conversation.
I actually feel sorry for HTC owners. They don't get the firmware features offered to Lumia users.

These days Lumia users don't even get the firmware features offered to Lumia users. :\

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually LOVE the M8. I'd ditch my 1520 for it. I love the 1520 but it's too big for working out and running.. But then again, the M8 is a Verizon exclusive.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally I believe Samsung ativ line is better than the one aside from hardware. I had the pleasure of using one. It's no Nokia but it is far less of a compromise using their phones as it still packs a good punch...and has a good camera. It's the phone I recommend to Verizon owners over the m8

We get it. You have a unnatural hate for the M8. You can move along now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos