I am downloading iTunes with Windows App and running into problems, can I get some help?

ilovelabbies

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Downloading iTunes with Windows App and running into Problems

I downloaded with Windows Phone App on my MAC and transferred my iTunes to my HTC One Phone. I was able to get playlists, album covers, etc….but one thing I noticed is that I have over 1700 songs and only about 600 downloaded.

Is this because they are DRM Protected or did the App just not work right? If it is because of the DRM, is there a way around this? Do I need to go about downloading a different way?

I appreciate your responses as I am very new to this.

Last edited:

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Downloading iTunes with Windows App and running into Problems

Well if you have match all your drm issues go away, so I would do that at least once to get that fixed. I do wonder about space, how many gb is the 1700 songs?

You can just drag and drop all the files via usb, it really is the easiest way.

ilovelabbies

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

How do I fix the DRM Protected files so I can copy them over? I figured out what you were stating, you mean Match in iTunes. This will fix the problem if I subscribe to it for sure? Hate to pay that $ and then it doesn't work.

There is plenty of room on the HTC One to hold the 1700 songs, I checked on that.

If I just drag and drop the files, then I don't think my playlists would show up, and I have several playlists.

Thanks.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I copied the entire "iTunes Music" folder from File Explorer>Libraries>Music and it loaded everything I had including album art.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
What you have to do in match is subscribe, wait for everything to up load and be matched. Then you empty the folder you uploaded from. Match will then populate the folder with fresh drm free versions direct from iTunes. You would only be missing the tracks that Apple didn't match.

It's been quite a while since I did this so just google to make sure it still works like that.

ilovelabbies

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site

Fatclue_98, my iTunes library is on a MAC so this will not work. I wish it really would, it would be great! Another question is where did you drop them in your phone, did you go into xbox somewhere?

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

Well I've never used a mac but it must have a file manager like windows. Navigate the phone as a mass storage device via usb and drop the files into the music folder either on the phone or sd card.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Fatclue_98, my iTunes library is on a MAC so this will not work. I wish it really would, it would be great! Another question is where did you drop them in your phone, did you go into xbox somewhere?

SD Card, Music Folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss