One M8 windows 10 upgrade?

littled00

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking at new phones because its upgrade time but I think I've decided to go with the One M8 but in my browsing i came across alot of places saying not all windows 8 phones would be able to upgrade to windows 10 so i was just wondering if anyone here could clear that up for me

Thanks in advance for any help

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes it most surtenly has.

The "guessing" part is more if HTC will release it with all the features.
If not you probably can use the insider program to get the OS features.
The preview of this will be released this month. The official release some were in the Sumner.
So my best guess is that it will get windows 10.

The story about "most" is indeed not 100% clear and also taken out of context.
Some phones are carrier locked. And the carrier has to approve if an update will be realized for these phones. So Microsoft can not state that all the phones get it because they can not overrule the carriers. And Microsoft also does not want to point the finger to carriers.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It probably will. Though, there is a chance that it wont or it could be horribly delayed based off how HTC has handled past major updates...look at the windows phone 8x and 8s from HTC.

So yeah it will....but you will probably be waiting awhile for it vs a Lumia.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Of course it will, same time as everything else when the preview hits. The only question is stability and feature loss due to the need of a firmware update from HTC. That's the unknown and something out of Microsoft's hands and in the hands of carriers and HTC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss