I went ahead and installed Windows 10 on my HTC One M8 - Any questions?

Karpito

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've found other small issues, like not being able to rearrange tiles on Microsoft Health, problems trying to edit notifications settings (to change ringtone, etc.)
I won't let me create my VIP list for emails in MS Health either. Battery life is same to 8.1

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same issues with ringtones and the MS Health app (and band notifications in general) on all my devices, so this isn't unique to just the M8. However, my M8's battery life was equivalent to 8.1, but the battery life on the 1520, 830, and 1020 are all worse for me on 10166 than it was on 8.1

I'm sure we'll be getting a new build soon (would love to test my development apps on my devices again - upgraded to the latest tools for the desktop and they require at least build 10240 to work on the phone too 😔

Janek387

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience with W10 preview on your HTC M8. I've also installed it two months ago on my main phone, everything's ok except for self-resets once in a while and a very slow return to the mainscreen, but that's something one can live with. I am missing the office applications though that should be available in the final version. Does anyone know when this final version will be available for the M"8?

Janek387

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I yesterday rolled back to WP8.1, I need the office applications like excel and especially onenote. Rolling back was easy, happy to have a normal working phone again. Now patiently waiting for the final WP10 version

osumorris2315

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The office apps for windows 10 are much better than 8.1. Did you download them? This is probably the first build I'll keep. The oem apps aren't in the store so if you delete them you can't get them back. Also oem "extra" settings apps like Dot view and tap to wake don't work either. Apart from that this build is very stable and a joy to use.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The office apps for windows 10 are much better than 8.1. Did you download them? This is probably the first build I'll keep. The oem apps aren't in the store so if you delete them you can't get them back. Also oem "extra" settings apps like Dot view and tap to wake don't work either. Apart from that this build is very stable and a joy to use.

Did you upgrade from a prior build or from 8.1? I went ahead and installed 10512 on my 1520 yesterday and it's been pretty solid, so I thought I would give it a go on the M8 as well. The M8 has been neglected for a few weeks, so it's in the process of rolling back to 8.1 and then will follow the upgrade path from 8.1 -> 10166 -> 10512 (I have some testing to do with Work Access using MobileIron as well as some curiosity about the Dot View and other settings from an existing 8.1 installation)

osumorris2315

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I was coming from 8.1. Took a while for 10166 and 10512 to both install. Make sure to download all the system apps(HTC sense tv is the one I couldnt go without). Before you upgrade to windows 10.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Do we know if they are going to put OEM apps back into the WM10 Store?

Knights2257

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
WP10 has now ruined my One m8 twice. I can't get it to respond or reset and am going to have to factory reset... again. Unfortunately I have to say that this has finally pushed my wife back to Android, and I can't say as I blame her. When it was 'working' the dot view didn't work, so that was a big part of the M1 charm gone right there. I know this is still a dev version, but it shouldn't just break a phone.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
WP10 has now ruined my One m8 twice. I can't get it to respond or reset and am going to have to factory reset... again. Unfortunately I have to say that this has finally pushed my wife back to Android, and I can't say as I blame her. When it was 'working' the dot view didn't work, so that was a big part of the M1 charm gone right there. I know this is still a dev version, but it shouldn't just break a phone.

My M8 on WM10 is working almost flawlessly

osumorris2315

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what you expect? It's still a technical preview. There is going to be bugs. Especially more on phones that are non nokia/microsoft. This build works good for me. Positives out weigh the negatives on my end. I don't use Dot view.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the only bummer for me is the motion launch double tap to wake does it work.

This build blows Windows phone 8.1 out of the water.

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Installing today. Not sure why but had to update to 10166 first? I did that, went very smooth, then updated the insider app and now downloading 10512. I'm going to try to avoid hard reset. Does everyone backup windows 10M after installing? or does that overwrite my 8.1 backup?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb