I went ahead and installed Windows 10 on my HTC One M8 - Any questions?

saputraj

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

I have an unlocked M8 from T-Mobile. I actually would like to upgrade only to WP8.1 GDR2 not Windows 10.

Does the M8 upgrade go directly to Windows 10 or does it upgrade first to GDR2 like the Lumia 930 & 1520?

Moreover, will it change my phone unlocking status? Thanks

osumorris2315

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok so earlier I updated my verizon m8 to gdr2 ... I was wondering, is that what prevents us from updating to windows 10 tp?. In the windows blog post today it lists a specific version for the Verizon m8 that will be excluded. Is a downgrade worth trying to going to windows 10 again..hmmm decisions.. decisions

Last edited:

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 10 update and it is not going well- start screen only freezes up - like the screen size is mis matched or something???

CMB8604

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I also installed the windows 10 update. However, my phone won't complete the boot up process. It gets stuck in a loop; shows the HTC splash screen, then windows splash screen, then restarts and goes through the cycle again.

HTC M8 (windows) - T-Mobile.

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have the m8 for Verizon I saw that it is now supported on the insider list of supported devices. However the app tells me that there are no preview builds available and when I check phone update it says its up to date . What's the deal?

pday1970

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I installed 10080 and it was a disaster, first the screen didnt scale correctly, and then the phone locked up. I tried to re-install 8.1 and that went fine, went through the whole install process and again, the same thing. I'm rolling back to 8.1 as I type this but for all the time that the WP10 development team has had, you'd think there would be a bit more polish to this build, and that ALL phones that are capable of running it would do so with minimal issues or bugs by this build. I gotta admit I'm kinda losing faith in WP and with all the new phones running competing OS's Microsoft is losing ground slowly day by day......frustrating.

swright111591

May 16, 2015
Visit site
WPRT from 10080 to 8.1 isn't working for my One M8... It tells me to restart and put it into boot-loader mode, and when I do my screen looks like the example (with a few lines of info then some barcodes) but nothing happens in the app or on the phone. Anyone else have this or anyone know what's going on and what might help?

EDIT: Now I get to the software selection screen and it tells me there is no package available on the server. Any ides there?

Last edited:

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have rolled back to 8.1 no problem so not sure what issue you are having. I am on 10080 right now and it works great. The only issue I am having is with invisible apps and some store apps not downloading.

M Segotta

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I tried last night/this morning and after installing, transferring back data and rebooting, it gets caught in an endless loop of reboots--never getting past the carrier splash screen. Ideas?

benedict

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset using the hardware key combination, hold down vol down button till exclamation Mark is displayed on screen , then press vol up, vol down , power button, vol down , phone will reboot and reset, this will erase data , plug it in , this will skip the boot loop

daddepalli

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I do have an M8 and i isntalled the update (10080) that was available as of Monday...the build is jsut too buggy..unless you have a spare phone that you want to try this on, I would recommend you wait for the next build

daddepalli

May 21, 2015
Visit site
EDIT: Now I get to the software selection screen and it tells me there is no package available on the server. Any ides there?

I have this exact same problem..fortunately i also have a cracked screen and HTC is sending me a replacement phone. Hopefully it will have Windows 8.1 on it

azasadny

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, my experience has been very bad and I want to revert back to Windows Phone 8.1. How do I do that? I tried a reset but it just went back to Windows 10 Preview, so I'm stuck. Thanks!

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Got the newest build on the M8. Gotta say I like the subtle changes to the UI. Basic apps don't seem to dog anymore, though my only complaint is how it sometimes takes a full five seconds after you push the start button to return to the home-screen. Much more stable than I thought it would be. I'm gonna test it with 6tag in a bit because apparently since 6tag hit the 5.0 update, it DOES NOT like the One M8 for windows, seemingly stuttering the entire processor. I've pinned this down to four different devices.

Other than that, things are coming together nicely. LOVE the messenger interface though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster