I went ahead and installed Windows 10 on my HTC One M8 - Any questions?

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Installing today. Not sure why but had to update to 10166 first? I did that, went very smooth, then updated the insider app and now downloading 10512. I'm going to try to avoid hard reset. Does everyone backup windows 10M after installing? or does that overwrite my 8.1 backup?

Pretty sure that would make a new back up, even in 8.1 each time you back up it would create new file.

I have noticed that HTC Photo Edit app does not work in WM10 , so we have lost what little usefulness our 2nd lens gave us :(

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Ya that's a bummer, but I didn't use HTC edit much. Otherwise, after using it for a day, seems to run very well on the m8; no need to hard reset. My main issue is with the band; notifications are spotty, band apps don't work, Cortana doesn't work. If it weren't for the band issues I would have no problem running on my daily, I'm still considering keeping it on.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ya that's a bummer, but I didn't use HTC edit much. Otherwise, after using it for a day, seems to run very well on the m8; no need to hard reset. My main issue is with the band; notifications are spotty, band apps don't work, Cortana doesn't work. If it weren't for the band issues I would have no problem running on my daily, I'm still considering keeping it on.

Yea I just really wish Motion Launch worked

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Any one having and issue with overheating/battery drain?? It's super annoying; one day all is normal, the next day the battery tanks and the phone is searing hot and no amount of soft reset/turning off setting/closing apps helps. When I check battery saver/battery use, it says that "Backup Assistant Plus" is using %50, but I cannot see any way to turn it off or delete it.

osumorris2315

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I used to have those problems.. I did not setup backup assistant when I reset my phone before upgrading to windows 10 as I saw no use for it. For the longest time I thought I couldn't get the overheating to stop but not setting up the backup assistant and also not using vz cloud messaging seems to have solved the problem.

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't think I ever set up backup assistant, but I did not hard reset. Just turned off cloud messaging, we'll see if that helps. I'll try a hard reset next, but really trying to avoid that. I don't want to lose my HTC apps, specifically the TV remote.

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately attentive phone features do not work with w10m yet. I assume we will need a firmware update from HTC, who knows if that will happen or how long it will take.

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
i did install it, can?t see the option to use the IR BLASTER... it is not working on w10?

If you had the HTC sense tv app installed on 8.1 you will have it after upgrade to 10 and it works fine. If you hard reset after upgrade, you will lose the app and not sure it is available in the windows 10 store.

KrayMat

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Mine gets really hot and drain quickly during usage. Is there a fix for this?
I think this has been a problem for the m8 even with 8.1. I had the same problem and it seemed to have been caused by the Verizon backup assistant. I rolled back to 8.1, hard reset, then upgraded to 10 and it fixed my overheat/battery drain.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately attentive phone features do not work with w10m yet. I assume we will need a firmware update from HTC, who knows if that will happen or how long it will take.

It's for this very reason I won't be purchasing another HTC phone.
I'm having frequent reboot issues & HTC said, I need to get OTA updates from Verizon. Verizon says, HTC is the one who should push out updates & I totally agree.

My Nokia Lumia 920 & 925 were great at pushing out updates to enhance & resolve issues.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
It's for this very reason I won't be purchasing another HTC phone.
I'm having frequent reboot issues & HTC said, I need to get OTA updates from Verizon. Verizon says, HTC is the one who should push out updates & I totally agree.

My Nokia Lumia 920 & 925 were great at pushing out updates to enhance & resolve issues.

You have a bad phone, then. I have the M8 Windows on VZW and have zero problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs