Dot View Case Issues

Chad Sternitzky

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on the windowscentral...long time listener, first time poster.[

Anyway, I just purchased the HTC One (M8) for Windows and one of the things I was must excited about was the Dot View case. I purchased the case and put it on but nothing happened....I went into the settings to ensure that the Dot View was turned "on" and it was so I reset the phone only to find that it was still not working as I expected. There is literally no difference in the lock screen with the dot view case on the phone than there is without the case, the screen doesn't turn off or respond to opening the case at all. Am I missing something? It's entirely possible that I overlooked something and it's a simple fix. I've looked around on the internet a little bit and I haven't found any solution. I'm frustrated and decided to turn to the WP community to hopefully get some insight.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
There is another nearby thread on the forums about dot view.
Is double tap on?
Is the case an official Microsoft case?
I did have to a HARD reset my phone to get ALL the features working properly.
Keep us posted on your progress. You'll love it once you get it going.
It can't be too much of a problem.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have a problem with mine. For me you have a defective case or phone. You could test your case on an in store demo unit to see if it works on another device and go from there. I hope you get it sorted.

Chad Sternitzky

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I have done a hard reset and basically everything I can think of still it does not work. It's almost as if there is a problem with the proximity sensor...not sure though. I will take the advice to try the case on a phone in a store to see if that works. Thanks for the help, I will update you with what I find.

It's always frustrating to get a new toy and not have it work the way you anticipated :(

DrRyder

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
HTC likes to use Accuweather so I wouldnt be surprised if they were the source, but don't quote me. I havent been able to find out for sure myself. Just knowing that HTC Sense Weather uses Accuweather may suggest they use this for the Dot View case as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb