Just Ordered My One M8!!!

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Just ordered my gunmetal gray 32GB HTC One M8 for WP from Verizon via Edge, (w/ $100 bill credit) not a bad deal!

So, I haven't dealt with Vzw and a WP device since I had my old Icon. Tell me my friends, has the support gotten ANY better? How are the software upgrades with this device?

I think its interesting how VZW retired the Icon after what, not even a year yet still offers the One M8 for WP any thoughts on that?

Also from what I've read on the forum thusfar I am a little wary of jumping onto the Developer Preview bandwagon like I did when I had an Icon. If the M8 is running 8.1.1 I'm ok with that unless HTC/VZW drags their feet on a WP10 update.

And finally, how bout the M8 is on BACKORDER!?! Wow. I wonder if that's just VZW being lame with their supplies or there is a much greater interest in the phone?

As always you guys are the best and I look forward to your thoughts!

Ciao

Troy

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, support for any US carrier seems hit and miss.

We can't really say how the M8 updates are going to be, since it already was practically up-to-date when it launched.

jmkid

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for a week and a half now and am extremely happy with it. I went with VZW as well because they had a deal for a free phone on contract. AT&T wanted $200 on contract, although they have cheaper data plans with rollover, free visual voicemail and apparently better WP support. Hopefully VZW will support their WP customers when the Windows 10 update rolls out later this year. Fortunately a local VZW store had some in stock so I didn't have to order it. Maybe there's a higher demand for them with the good deals out there now. Hope you get yours soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs