Why isn't my HTC M8 showing when it is plugged into a PC?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

plug up to a PC

I noticed yesterday when I plugged my HTC m8 windows phone into my PC it does not show the Phone or the SD card with memory anymore. I did a hard reset this morning and it came back then once again it disappeared. The phone internal memory and the SD card wont even show up in windows explorer..... I am confused and wondering what my next step could be. I even took out the SD card and did a hard reset. I also downloaded the Windows app and it says my phone is locked please unlock it.... but there is not lock on the phone at all....

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: plug up to a PC

Make sure the phone is on and that the lockscreen has been swiped away at some point when plugged in. (which is what the computer is referring to by locked)

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

I would try a different usb cable also as they are not all equal. Alot of usb charging cables don't do data or don't do it well enough to maintain a sufficient connection.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Connect your phones once again and go to device manager (Start. Search for Device manager). Your phone should be up there under unknown devices (I think) marked with black exclamation mark in yellow triangle. Right click and unistall that entry. Disconnect and reconnect your phone now. It should work now

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
It might not be your phone.. sometimes windows doesn't recognize the usb device when you plug into your pc(restart pc)...also make sure that the setting on your phone is not set to ask you all the time..in usb settings..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05