Dot View update

DrRyder

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
So the latest HTC Dot View update from a few days ago has made the case stop working properly with notifications for me.

Things like email that would show a notification are no longer working even after a restart.

Is anyone else seeing this or able to fix it?

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Having this same exact issue since the update. Been waiting to find others hoping it wasn't just me. The reviews in the store app show others are affected as well. No clue how to fix this, prob has to be an app update. Don't know how long that will take.

DrRyder

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. Glad its not just me at least. Hopefully they push out another update soon to correct this. For now, I've just taken the case off and going au naturale since not seeing the notifications I want is quite annoying for a $50 case.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
This is very frustrating. I have these same issues as well, plus now it randomly opens an app or dials one particular number when I close the case too hard. I don't have any speed dials set and it's not dialing the last number, it's dialing one specific contact. I ended up ditching the case too until an update comes along (which I am not holding my breath since the M8 is old news). I'm just glad it was the free Xbox case and I didn't drop 50 bucks for it.

Larry Amato

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I received a notice a while ago about the Dot View Case and the app was deleted.. It kept the phone on with some odd behavior.I removed the magnet from the case ..because I liked the case Just recently there was a new app that updated the app. I had saved the little magnet I removed and put a decal over it to stay intact. The feature I like is when you open the cover it unlocks the phone. It also protects the phone when I put in my pocket or holder..

DrRyder

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah thats all good. Thats what its for, but the app is broken. The case doesnt function properly now because of the latest update to the app. :|

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Same thing with me. Calls aren't showing up, music controls aren't working, basically only thing that is working is locking and unlocking with the closing and opening of the case. Can someone please tweet HTC a link to this thread, or link this to one of their support guys to make this a known issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven