language and cortana

westentertainer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
hi just had a USA htc m8 im in UK ,when i press cortana it states; im afraid cant help in your region with the language you choose' in language on system it is English united states ,i have downloaded the English pack how do i change it to English and get cortana working cheers

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've encountered this problem in my L535 - the problem was that my Settings > language, Settings > region and Settings > speech were not the same. Try setting language and speech to either English (United States) or English (United Kingdom) with the corresponding region (i.e. if language and speech are set to US then region should be US also). Let us know if this works for you.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
According to (implied by) this article, quoting:

"it is not clear if the HTC One will get it as well".

Also, if I may quote Daniel Rubino from his comment in this article:

"It seems Hey, Cortana is based on SensorCore + Snapdragon 80x. In theory, HTC One could do it, but it does not have SensorCore in the firmware.

It is not clear what Microsoft's plans are for SensorCore and Hey Cortana if it will be a Lumia-only feature or they will spread it around in a future OS update.
"

This was three months ago. However, still, hey Cortana doesn't seem to be available to HTC One M8 at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb