Wanna buy US carrier unlocked Windows phone. Need help!!

MadScientist2015

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello! I'm considering to purchase HTC One M8 for Windows on EBay. Since it's only available in the US, buying US carrier unlocked phone is the only option for me cuz I'm not living in the US. This will be my first windows phone and I have no idea how Microsoft delivers their updates. I've had some experience about using US carrier unlocked Android phone in my country. I recently bought a Sprint unlocked HTC One E8. My phone is still running Android 4.4.4. Wherever I tried to update software by using my local carrier's network or Wi-Fi connection, nothing happened. It didn't even show "Your phone is up to date" "No update available for your phone" bla bla bla. I know Sprint already updated E8 to Android 5.0 Lollipop. I don't think the problem is network compatibility since my E8 is GSM unlocked and I can use internet very well with my local carrier's network. But still I could not update my phone yet. So I wanna make sure that HTC One M8 for Windows will get update in my county. Will At&t unlocked HTC One M8 for Windows get Windows 10 update if I'm using it in my country? Can I use Windows Insider App and update my phone to Windows 10 technical preview by myself? Please help me! Thanks!

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The HTC ONE M8 for Windows from AT&T will have a much higher chance of receiving Windows 10 easier compared to Verizon, as Verizon has been the worst when it comes to windows phone updates, but I don't think anyone here can make any promises. If your using the HTC ONE M8 for Windows by AT&T, regardless of what country or network you are on, you will get the update when AT&T rolls it out. All Windows Phone 8.1 Devices such as the HTC ONE M8 are planned to Windows 10. So you should be safe on that one

Also the Windows Technical preview is expected to eventually bring users to the RTM official finished version of Windows 10 upon the last few builds, it isn't recommended to be joined right now, as W10 for phones is very buggy right now and it can potentially brick your device, either through the installation or from rolling back to 8.1

Also have you considered a Nokia Lumia? Although HTC support is pretty good as far as updates go, Nokia Lumia Phones get the most support. Nokia Lumia's unlike HTC windows phones alongside getting the latest updates, also often get special firmware updates that give the device new cool features, and unlike the HTC ONE M8 for windows, Nokia Lumia devices are sold worldwide, so you should be able to just get one made for your country

The latest Flagship devices (most feature full & premium) Nokia Lumia Phones out right now are the Nokia Lumia 1520,Nokia Lumia 930, and the Nokia Lumia 830

Despite what people say of the 830 Microsoft still considers it a flagship ( an affordable flagship to be specific)

Hope I helped

Last edited:

kyle5000

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Any thoughts on Lumia 930 unlocked international version (Amazon) working on TMO?

It'll work but no LTE, only 4G (really 3.5G). It's probably best to wait for a new flagship or buy an unlocked AT&T M8 which will be able to get TMo lte everywhere, even in rural areas where the TMo version doesn't due to missing LTE Band 2 (1900 MHz). The only thing it's missing Band 12 which is T-Mobile's 700 Mhz spectrum, but very few phones have this yet and it's not really necessary like Band 2 since I don't think there are any exclusively 700 MHz areas like there are 1900 MHz.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99