Windows 10 10149

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the build now and I can safely say this is a dream build. Took a while for it to install and upgrade apps (most would simply crash on opening) but give it some time to settle. So far everything works amazing... Really smooth *and* fast app launching, close, maybe faster then 8.1 - and thats crazy good!

some sliders and icons are way to small though, but they mentioned that these will be tackled in a later build.

Ps check Windows Insider app and reapply maybe?

KMN62

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Well, I did everything, re-applied to Fast Ring, uninstalled and reinstalled Windows Insider and re-applied, turned on and off the phone and made sure my MS Account was active...and nothing. It still says I'm up to date. So it looks like I"m stuck with 10080 right now...I may try going back to 8.1 and trying it again...By the way, are you on Verizon?

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Running it here, upgraded from 10080.
Only issues for me so far are the quiet hours, and cosmetic issues with weird color configurations in apps like Messenger, Facebook and Outlook. (others as well but they work fine otherwise)
Everything else seems to be running smoothly so far same as with 10080 but I would say a tad quicker with transitions and live tiles like MSN weather, sports, and news are working again.
Verizon apps still don't work or update not a big deal but worth mentioning. I read that if you reset and turn off autoupdates they should work from the old store? I have not tried because it is not that big of an issue for me.

KMN62

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I got a Verizon phone yeah.

Might be a good idea to do a fresh install from 8.1 indeed! Hope all works out for you man. You won't regret it

Well, I tried everything and had to recover to 8.1 and I'm back to square one. The good news is I'm back using a bug free OS...and I'm thinking staying put for awhile..and wait for a relatively bug free preview...it's so nice having a phone where everything works...

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I need to confirm if Double Tap To Wake is functional on Build 10149 ( I lost that feature, while gaining Manual hide & Double tap to sleep on the NAVIGATION BAR). :(

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I can understand. Wait for next build, phone get's really hot and drains pretty fast when you're watching a movie for example.

@OHardy: double tap to wake and sleep doesn't work on this build, which is pretty sad :(

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I also can't update from 10080 to 10149, it keeps saying that I'm up to date and I've tried everything. Anyone able to get this problem fixed? I could try and go back to 8.1 but I would rather not have to do that.

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Truecaller,Tapatalk,Background Apps are not working. Can anyone confirm this. When opening the app it is closing down. I have to revert back to windows 8.1 if these thing doesnt work :(

Psicomartin

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I was always in 8.1 GDR2 and after some feedback about the build I installed it and it's pretty ok. From my experience I can say that:
  1. 1) Animations & interface looks good, stable and actually is gorgeous
  2. 2) Most of the apps updated with store beta (except a few ones, I'll explain this below)
  3. 3) Battery still drains, but it's bearable, not a big thing
  4. 4) Seems faster and very responsive
The only issues I found as I type are: Facebook app wasn't opening and so I uninstall it (maybe a glitch) and try to install it clean from store beta, but It cannot be downloaded due to error code 0x80073D05. Also FB is not linked (and cannot be linked in People App) and if you try to open it on Edge, on mobile version it's impossible. Need to use desktop version instead, otherwise you won't be able to do it. Alarms does not work (due to that I got late at work), Skype does not appear on store beta and due to the warnings about having it while upgrading, I uninstall it before the upgrade to W10. I have the orange color issue in some system apps and battery saver does not display real time battery left after update. Sometimes settings like quiet hours, bluetooth and some other glow.

HTC apps works properly, so as games, office apps, wifi settings, mobile hotspot, and the rest. I'd recommend this build as a daily driver, unless you're a FB obsessed :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss