The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-23-2015 02:33 PM
31 12
tools
    Well well,
    I had previously loaded W10 to my M8, and restored to W8.1 without much trouble, took me a couple of tries to get the boot loader screen on the phone but I can do that easily now, the recovery tool reads the phone, then the available software screen flashes up for 2 seconds or so, then it displays that the software was not found on the server.

I looked at another thread and the restore files are on this PC in C:\ProgramData\HTC\Packages\Products\0P6B1800-CWS_001 I moved the folder and get the same response, so it is back in place.

I have very little trouble using it, I want to use the M8 daily so am looking to restore to W8.1, should I try a different PC?
    07-10-2015 05:32 AM
    You could try (also on a different network) but it is also possible there is a problem with the server with this kind of failure message.
    So try tomorrow again.
    See last post of below thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...g-help-pl.html
    Last edited by Harrie-S; 07-10-2015 at 06:19 AM.
    07-10-2015 05:46 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem and it's been like this for over a week (not finding the software on the server). I'm running W10 Preview and I think it's on version 10149 and I wanted to update to the latest version but the phone isn't saying there's an update available. So I was going to roll it back to W8.1 but I'm getting the error with the recovery tool.

I found this thread on the Microsoft support forums: Getting Error message "Software Package Not found on server" - Microsoft Community

If you go to the second page it looks like other people who have the M8 on AT&T are having this problem and no one from MS is responding.
    07-10-2015 02:51 PM
    It worked fine two times last week. 10166 is out, I'll try that for now.
    07-10-2015 05:10 PM
    If you have the firmware folder on your PC with the two .nbh files and WPRT isn't working for you.

You can try using the standalone HTC Tool. Just extract it and copy the two .nbh files into the extracted folder. Rename them so its just RUU_SIGNED and UEFI_SIGNED.

As long as you are in the bootloader screen and the PC recognizes the phone it should start the reflash process automatically.

I've use it with my T-Mobile M8 instead of the Recovery Tool multiple times.

If it works successfully for you. It would be a great help if you uploaded the firmware somewhere to help others.
    Mark F24 likes this.
    07-10-2015 05:18 PM
    Tried with my ATT phone this afternoon and there is no available software on the server.
    07-10-2015 05:19 PM
    I do have the RUU and UEFI files, they are in the extracted folder now.

So just run the ROMUPDATEUTILITY.exe, get the phone to the white bootloader screen then connect the usb cable?
    07-10-2015 06:45 PM
    This works, restoring now.

Where can I upload those files so others can use them?
    07-10-2015 07:10 PM
    OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. Please upload them... i'm stuck.
    07-10-2015 07:51 PM
    workin on it, the nbh file is 700mb so its going slow......
    joltcoder likes this.
    07-10-2015 08:50 PM
    Here is the WP8.1 ROM and the standalone HTC ROM editor.

Link to ZIP files

HTC files are renamed already. Hope they work for you.
    07-10-2015 09:01 PM
    Are these files carrier independent? I have an HTC One M8 from ATT, wondering if I can use the files you've published. Is your device AT&T as well?
    Thanks for your help!
    07-11-2015 09:04 AM
    This was in the folder path listed above from Windows Phone Recovery Tool, my phone is an HTC M8 from At&T.

I cannot tell you anything specific about the files.
    joltcoder and RealGis like this.
    07-11-2015 09:18 AM
    Here is the WP8.1 ROM and the standalone HTC ROM editor.

Link to ZIP files

HTC files are renamed already. Hope they work for you.
    After you flashed it. In the about screen in settings what were the version for

Firmware:
    Radio:
    Bootloader:

?

Are these files carrier independent? I have an HTC One M8 from ATT, wondering if I can use the files you've published. Is your device AT&T as well?
    Thanks for your help!
    These files will work only on an AT&T M8 for Windows model. If you have this model, but are using a different simcard it will still work.

If you attempt to flash a wrong firmware onto the device. The RUU will fail and inform you of a wrong ModelID
    RealGis likes this.
    07-11-2015 11:44 AM
    Worked like a charm!!! I'm so happy I'm now out of that nightmare. But you all know first thing I'm going to do is to install the latest preview again ... :-)
    07-11-2015 11:47 PM
    Thanks to Ivalen91 for the procedure!
    I did the same, 10149 was good, seems that 10166 is better. I decided to run it in my primary this weekend, so far so good. At this level of performance I will leave it installed.
    07-12-2015 07:25 AM
    I'm having the same problem of "software package not found on server" for my HTC one m8. I have downloaded the files mentioned above. So, what are the steps after that?
    07-13-2015 10:05 AM
    Extract both folders. Move the .nbh files from the ROM folder into the RUU folder.

• Power off your device
    • Press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down keys
    • Continue to hold the volumes buttons and press the Power Button.
    • The device should power up (release the power button) and continue to hold both volume buttons
    • A white screen with barcodes and a series of text at the top should now be presented to you. This is the bootloader
    • Connect the device to your computer and allow windows to install drivers for it.
    • Once the Drivers are installed and the device is recognized lunch the ROM Update Utility from the extracted ROM .zip
    • A rectangle should appear after a short moment claiming to be verifying the information on your device.
    • If it sees your device the phone will immediately restart and show a black screen with green text. (this is the UEFI being flashed)
    • It will reboot after a short moment.
    • Once again you will be presented with a black green with green text. This screen will take longer since it is flashing the OS. You will see the files flashed (RPM, CP. Main OS etc)
    • Once it is Completed the Utility will say it was successful and your device will restart several times.
    • You will be presented with setup wizard and you may continue on from there.

This ROM is only for an AT&T branded HTC One M8 for Windows. It will not work for T-Mobile, Verizon, or any android device. Don't bother trying.
    07-13-2015 06:32 PM
    Thanks a lot. That worked as expected. You are awesome:)
    07-14-2015 12:26 PM
    I half-bricked my phone yesterday, this is the closest thing i have to advice: "I ended up half-bricking my phone half an hour after updating. I'm on a T-Mobile M8. It was boot-looping going to spinning gears, then sad face, reboot, repeat. I was having trouble getting the Recovery Tool to recognize the phone when you get to the step where it tells you to go to the bootloader. I tried every possible solution I found online. I found a solution. It ended up that I had to SPECIFICALLY set windows to auto-install driver software. I even tried troubleshooting from device manager with no resolution. Once I let windows auto-install the driver it went from saying "USB BLDR" in device manager to saying "HTC USB Sync". After that, I was able to get WPRT to recognize the phone, no problem, and do a restore. I hope this is helpful to someone else."
    07-22-2015 02:25 AM
    This is getting super frustrating. So followed your advice and I can see that "HTC USB Sync" shows up in my device manager when connected in boot loader mode. I opened WPRT and it finally found the software on the server but when I click on "Install Software" it's giving me and error that says "Variant package not found, Software package not available for this phone". When I click on more details it says "Result: InternalServerError; MID: 0P6B1900; CID: CWS_001".

Is anyone else seeing this error?
    07-22-2015 06:38 AM
    Never mind, it seems to be working now. I just tried again and it's starting to download the package. It'll take a while so I'll report back to say if it worked or not.
    07-22-2015 06:46 AM
    I had the same problem. The solution was put the phone in DFU and hit the update using the recovery tool

try press the Volume Down button, followed by the Power one and hold them pressed
    07-22-2015 06:58 AM
    So it finally worked, I was able to use the recovery tool to get back to 8.1 on my HTC One M8. Now hopefully I can update to the latest Windows 10 mobile build to check it out.
    07-22-2015 08:35 AM
    UPDATE: Fixed the issue. Had to plug my phone into my laptop instead and everything showed up as it should. So if you're having errors, all I can say is try a different computer and cross your fingers. This thread saved my phone! Thank you all :D

Ugh.. So I have a Verizon M8, and I've done everything this thread and others talk about (remove SIM and SD card, restarting PC, hard reset phone) and nothing works.

I checked out the device manager, but it doesn't show up a USB BLDR. There are two USB's labeled as HTC6995LVW, but when I go into boot-loader, those two disappear. I also can't update either of the HTC6995LVW's.

The recovery tool CANNOT find a software package for me, and this is really ticking me off. Does anyone have the ROM for a Verizon M8, because the "recovery tool" is crap.

Please help if you can. The latest version of W10M was okay, but after a week, I'm ready for 8.1... Thanks
    Last edited by HTCUser123; 07-23-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    07-22-2015 04:40 PM
31 12