Can I get my HTC M8 back to Windows 8?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
htc m8 for windows on Verizon

I recently bought the M8 for Windows. Nice phone, looks and runs good. My problem is I loaded build 512 and I don't like how it's running on this phone. I have tried the Lumia and the Windows Recovery programs to revert back to 8.1 and neither work. Neither will even connect to my phone.

Is there a way to go back to 8.1 on a VERIZON M8?

Things I don't like about this build.

The more than 3 seconds to show the Lock Screen data and then it's not showing what I want and changes what it shows on it's own.

Biggest complaint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use Office 2013 and not outlook.com. I have not found a way to sync my calendar, contacts and tasks using 512.

Using 8.1, I used Akruto sync and it worked great. It doesn't work on Win 10.

I am an experienced Lumia user; this is my first non Lumia Windows Phone.:unhappy:

GadgetGal66

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Actually, Akrutosync works with Windows 10. I use it and upgraded to Win 10 without a problem. Everything syncs from Outlook 2013 to my Lumia. As for reverting back to 8.1, research says the only recourse is to do a clean install of Windows 8.

Have you contacted Akruto support? They can help you with the Win 10 issue.

michael nabil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: htc m8 for windows on Verizon

I recently bought the M8 for Windows. Nice phone, looks and runs good. My problem is I loaded build 512 and I don't like how it's running on this phone. I have tried the Lumia and the Windows Recovery programs to revert back to 8.1 and neither work. Neither will even connect to my phone.

Is there a way to go back to 8.1 on a VERIZON M8?

Things I don't like about this build.

The more than 3 seconds to show the Lock Screen data and then it's not showing what I want and changes what it shows on it's own.

Biggest complaint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use Office 2013 and not outlook.com. I have not found a way to sync my calendar, contacts and tasks using 512.

Using 8.1, I used Akruto sync and it worked great. It doesn't work on Win 10.

I am an experienced Lumia user; this is my first non Lumia Windows Phone.:unhappy:

Give me your email or pm me I have a tool to restore it to 8.1. I have the Verizon m8 too. I just did it 3 days ago. I gave up on wprt it wont work.

Last edited:

bwflorida

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: htc m8 for windows on Verizon

Click on the How To link at the top of this page, and scroll down to
How to roll back from Windows 10 Mobile preview to Windows Phone 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member