M8 on 10586

groovshooter

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the T-Mo variant? Has anyone had to revert to 8.1? I plan to dump this phone and get the 950 unlocked soon. But in the meantime, I want to upgrade the M8. Just want to make sure I can revert before turning the phone in to T-Mo.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well the feed back was patchy so I went ahead and took the plunge, wish I hadn't.

HTC apps are all broken, you can take pictures but since the editing app crashes what's the point. IR unavailable, dot view not working also.

I had massive battery issues in day one so I reset in day two. That's lost me the full suite of Here apps as they have been pulled from the store, no navigation, great job MS. It seems stable thou, hopefully the reset fixed the drain and charging issues but I'm yet to re-enable Cortana.

The new Windows Maps are far superior to HERE. It uses the same data but has more features and a much better layout.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The only real issue I've had so far has been re-establishing cellular data after being on Wi-Fi. I'm using a Verizon model on T-Mo so that may be an isolated issue. Anybody else?

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
The new Windows Maps are far superior to HERE. It uses the same data but has more features and a much better layout.

My issues are not with maps. Since windows has always been a work in progress I've used Google maps for years so I can't speak much for it's improvement. I've tried the new app, it's decent, were it falls down is navigation. It's a far cry from Drive+ and that's what I really want back. I want a commute tile, large useable controls while driving, two click navigation to previous destinations, it's a map app that will navigate. It's no Garmin.

Phoibos

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if non USB-C devices are really getting it, has that been made clear? I plugged in a flash drive today and it didn't see it.
I really hope for it. The android version has OTG, which means the hardware is obviously capable of it....

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

No way! Here had a nice easy to use interface with large buttons that could easily be used while driving. The new app is not even close. It doesn't even have recent destinations!

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
No way! Here had a nice easy to use interface with large buttons that could easily be used while driving. The new app is not even close. It doesn't even have recent destinations!

And HERE doesn't have multiple route options, doesn't say whether you're destination is on the right or left, and doesn't have Streetside.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I thought I would try 10586 again and after a little over 36 hours it has been great except it keeps randomly rebooting.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Got my Verizon HTC M8 yesterday. Update to 586.29 and hard reset just after installing.
No problems at all. HTC Camera is pretty useless, but Microsoft Camera works perfectly with beautiful pictures. Love the phone, switched from an iPhone 5S. I simply love Windows 10. :)

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my Verizon HTC M8 yesterday. Update to 586.29 and hard reset just after installing.
No problems at all. HTC Camera is pretty useless, but Microsoft Camera works perfectly with beautiful pictures. Love the phone, switched from an iPhone 5S. I simply love Windows 10. :)

I was actually surprised that have gotten much better results with the HTC camera. Honestly it even outdid proshot for indoor pics. I will have to do some more testing.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I was actually surprised that have gotten much better results with the HTC camera. Honestly it even outdid proshot for indoor pics. I will have to do some more testing.

The picture itself is lagging like crazy in the viewfinder. But my biggest gripe is that Location does work for any pics taken with the HTC Camera. I need that.

KMN62

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I was a former mobile insider that decided to revert back to Windows 8.1 about 3 months ago (if not longer) because I couldn't take all the bugs that came with each update on my daily phone. So, I patiently waited until Windows Mobile was close to Window 10 RTM. I took the plunge today and was pleasantly surprised! So smooth with no issues! Everything works! The only thing I noticed is I can't pin Microsoft Edge to Start! Anybody else have that problem?

KMN62

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Checking to see if Edge was on my Start screen was the first thing I did. After the update, IE was gone and Edge was nowhere to be found. However, there were a few websites that I pinned to the Start screen which is the only way that I can use Edge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo