M8 on 10586

KMN62

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Apparently, there are others who have the same issue as I, evident of the feedback Insider feedback I've seen...

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had that issue on my m8. Everything is running perfect now with the exception of the HTC photo editing app not working. I don't regret getting this phone over the 950 at all.

dougmor2000

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Everything works fine for me with the exception that I can't minimize the navigation bar in several apps (NY Times, Nextgen reader, Kindle to name a few). Any suggestions?

Factman

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded a couple of hours ago. No probs after I figured out how to get back to English. I thought I was just adding a keyboard. No, I was changing the entire UI! Learner some new words!

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Is "Hey Cortana" in this build for the M8? Or is that still something HTC is going to have to release an update for? If it's there, that may be the incentive I need to take the leap.

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
It's my understating "hey Cortana" is a Lumina only feature.
I knew it was a denim exclusive at the moment, but I was hoping they were including it for all devices once the final build was released and that it might show up in the insider preview. Especially since that only puts the feature on what...4 phones or something? Lol Seems pointless for them to do it that way when there are so many of us that don't even have the option of a compatible Lumia because we are on Verizon.

osumorris2315

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok I've had the worst battery draining/overheating on my Verizon m8 with the latest build. The issue I found was verizon's "backup assistant plus" was using 75% of my battery in the background. This continued for days .. Until I eventually found and disabled the "contacts" permission for the app within the privacy settings. So if anyone else is having issues with their Verizon m8, hope this helps.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok I've had the worst battery draining/overheating on my Verizon m8 with the latest build. The issue I found was verizon's "backup assistant plus" was using 75% of my battery in the background. This continued for days .. Until I eventually found and disabled the "contacts" permission for the app within the privacy settings. So if anyone else is having issues with their Verizon m8, hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip! I have had very good battery life despite this being enabled, but I have now disabled it nonetheless.

Yasharal Shalum

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
As of today or maybe last night, my double tap to turn on feature is not working. Everything was basically working okay and then all of a sudden it stopped working. I can turn the display off by double tapping the nav bar, but no double tap to turn on. Anyone else having the issue?

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was a former mobile insider that decided to revert back to Windows 8.1 about 3 months ago (if not longer) because I couldn't take all the bugs that came with each update on my daily phone. So, I patiently waited until Windows Mobile was close to Window 10 RTM. I took the plunge today and was pleasantly surprised! So smooth with no issues! Everything works! The only thing I noticed is I can't pin Microsoft Edge to Start! Anybody else have that problem?

My issue is that the pinned Edge websites that I sized to the smallest tile show up as blue squares and not as a screenshot of the website. It's really confusing as to which tile belongs to which website.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded to the latest insider build so this is to give anyone with a HTC One M8 some insight as to W10M on this device.

I like it so far and it feels much faster. I was so sick and tired of the Resuming and Loading screens that would appear from multitasking and w10m has definitely addressed it. Multitasking is pretty zippy.

The OS is pretty smooth and the animations feel much quicker than the old ones in 8.1. However, there are a lot of glitches. Sometimes the start screen would disappear, apps wouldn't load properly or crash etc. My biggest gripe is the messaging app (although recently updated on 12/15) can get slow. Sometimes messages immediately send, sometimes they hang in the text box, sometimes they send and stay inside the text box. Also, text notifications seem unreliable. I have missed many texts from people because they never showed up in the notifications or my phone never rang. This in itself is enough for you to hold out for official release. Other than these various glitches, there are a whole slew of improvements over 8.1. I love the increased amount of tools in the notification center, brightness control is so much better, Edge is definitely a more capable and powerful browser, etc.

My one big concern right now is the phone seems to run warm no matter what. I went to the gym for an hour and came back to a warm phone. Not sure what is up with that since I have gone through all of the settings in battery saver and background apps. I thin

Overall, W10M is great and I am looking forward to the direction MS is heading in 2016. If you don't mind the little bugs, go and install it. Otherwise, i would wait as 8.1 is stable and reliable in comparison.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Give it a few days and it will run cool again. I guess this is like the BlackBerry 10 effect back a few years ago - after an OS update, the OS did some behind-the-scenes work and the battery life was terrible with the phone being hot all the time, but it would settle about 1-2 days later.

I recently upgraded to the latest insider build so this is to give anyone with a HTC One M8 some insight as to W10M on this device.

I like it so far and it feels much faster. I was so sick and tired of the Resuming and Loading screens that would appear from multitasking and w10m has definitely addressed it. Multitasking is pretty zippy.

The OS is pretty smooth and the animations feel much quicker than the old ones in 8.1. However, there are a lot of glitches. Sometimes the start screen would disappear, apps wouldn't load properly or crash etc. My biggest gripe is the messaging app (although recently updated on 12/15) can get slow. Sometimes messages immediately send, sometimes they hang in the text box, sometimes they send and stay inside the text box. Also, text notifications seem unreliable. I have missed many texts from people because they never showed up in the notifications or my phone never rang. This in itself is enough for you to hold out for official release. Other than these various glitches, there are a whole slew of improvements over 8.1. I love the increased amount of tools in the notification center, brightness control is so much better, Edge is definitely a more capable and powerful browser, etc.

My one big concern right now is the phone seems to run warm no matter what. I went to the gym for an hour and came back to a warm phone. Not sure what is up with that since I have gone through all of the settings in battery saver and background apps. I thin

Overall, W10M is great and I am looking forward to the direction MS is heading in 2016. If you don't mind the little bugs, go and install it. Otherwise, i would wait as 8.1 is stable and reliable in comparison.

Yasharal Shalum

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I had a random issue. I was on speaker phone and then wanted to switch to my headset, but it would not register that the headset was connected at all. Also the "knock on" feature is still not working.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Give it a few days and it will run cool again. I guess this is like the BlackBerry 10 effect back a few years ago - after an OS update, the OS did some behind-the-scenes work and the battery life was terrible with the phone being hot all the time, but it would settle about 1-2 days later.

You're right! A day later it is running cooler. I also went and disabled a lot of background apps. I disabled syncing messages across devices which has helped the messaging app run faster with little lag.

I have encountered a random reboot once so far. Battery life seems to be a little less than 8.1 and notifications are a bit unreliable sometimes. I have missed a few texts, facebook and whatsapp messages. Anyone else having that problem?

Overall, I am pretty happy with it. I'm glad MS has been proactive with pushing updates out.

KMN62

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
My issue is that the pinned Edge websites that I sized to the smallest tile show up as blue squares and not as a screenshot of the website. It's really confusing as to which tile belongs to which website.

Yeah, I know what you mean...I've got the same issue...some of the webites tiles have the name on the blue tile to give a hint of what it is while others have "Login"...go figure...my phone is currently being updated to 10586.36...hopefully it fixed this problem...and my Edge not pinned to start issue...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos