M8 on 10586

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I was looking for a solution to that very same problem; I created folders on device and prior to upgrading I had a small tile with the actual web site, now it's a blue square and the new tiles have the "e" logo. Another issue I have is naming the link and it remaining in the shortcut. Overall, the experience has been pretty good. I keep my notifications to a minimum and e-mail set to manual and I generally have a two to three day battery life. What continues to bug the daylights out of me is trying to communicate between the PC and phone and custom ringtones. It shouldn't be this hard to see the device on my laptop, yet it is. God forbid you can actually see your custom ringtones within the Ringtones folder on the device; that's just ridiculous and yes, I'm aware it's a build issue, but it's been a WP issue for a good long time. The developer previews; I will say I like the option to put it into developer mode. All & all, it's been good.

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Took the leap, loaded the Insider Preview on my M8. But it would only give me .29, even being on the fast ring, did a soft reset and then a hard reset, but it still doesn't show there being an update available. Anyone else have this issue, and if so, is there a workaround? The only reason I decided to get it was because they released the .36 update that seemed to fix a lot for folks.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When I first jumped in the Insider Preview, I opted for fast ring and got the .29 update. Then, when .36 came out for both fast and slow, I decided to jump onto slow ring and it gave me the .36 update. Maybe try changing to slow ring and see if that works.

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
When I first jumped in the Insider Preview, I opted for fast ring and got the .29 update. Then, when .36 came out for both fast and slow, I decided to jump onto slow ring and it gave me the .36 update. Maybe try changing to slow ring and see if that works.

That did the trick. However, I am now stuck at 0% on the download for about 30 minutes now lol. Tried a soft reset, but no change. If anyone has a workaround for that, cool. If not, I'll try goofing around with some crap lol

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Nevermind. I set it down and forgot about it. Came back a while later and it had started downloading. All installed and good to go!

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else able to get the Sense TV IR blaster remote app on their M8 with the .36 build? Mine says it's not compatible with my device, but the info in the store says it works with W10M devices... I used the hell out of that app and I want it back lol

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else able to get the Sense TV IR blaster remote app on their M8 with the .36 build? Mine says it's not compatible with my device, but the info in the store says it works with W10M devices... I used the hell out of that app and I want it back lol

The ONLY way I was able to get Sense TV was to downgrade to 8.1 and get it there. Makes zero sense but it worked. If you go this route know this, it takes about an hour to flash the 8.1 firmware via Windows Recovery Tool.

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
The ONLY way I was able to get Sense TV was to downgrade to 8.1 and get it there. Makes zero sense but it worked. If you go this route know this, it takes about an hour to flash the 8.1 firmware via Windows Recovery Tool.
But then you're stuck with 8.1 instead of 10... I really hope they release a W10M patch or something for it...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
But then you're stuck with 8.1 instead of 10... I really hope they release a W10M patch or something for it...

I should've made my post more complete. I re-upgraded through the Insider back to 10 to keep Sense TV. BTW, this happens with 7-RAR as well. If you use that app you better have it on 8.1 before upgrading.

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I should've made my post more complete. I re-upgraded through the Insider back to 10 to keep Sense TV. BTW, this happens with 7-RAR as well. If you use that app you better have it on 8.1 before upgrading.
So even though I already had it on 8.1, it should be available if I recover to 8.1 again, then re-up back to 10? I'll see how much I miss it and make a decision later lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes