Why don't I have a good signal on my new HTC One compared to the Galaxy I had?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why don't i have a good signal on my new HTC one compared to the galaxy i had?

I can change my sim card from one phone to other and old phone has good signal when new one has no signal at all. Is there anything I can do to make it pick up better?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: why don't i have a good signal on my new HTC one compared to the galaxy i had?

I think it will be worth it to try to find out what bands your Galaxy has, along with the HTC One. Try to get the model number too, if you can.

It could be that the Galaxy has/had more bands that work for your carrier over the HTC One.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've owned two HTC smartphones, the Trophy (WP7) and the One M8 (WP8), and I've noticed both have weak antennas compared to every other smartphone I own (which includes iOS, Android, BB10, webOS, and BB7 operating system devices and Nokia, Apple, Motorola, Samsung, HP, and RIM/Blackberry manufactured devices). I think the weak antenna issue is an HTC issue and not a Windows Phone issue; my Nokia Lumia 928 had what I thought was a "normal" strength antenna.

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: why don't i have a good signal on my new HTC one compared to the galaxy i had?

Did you get a phone for the same type of network? Also, you need to get the optimal settings for your network. For example if one phone was for at&t and the other was for metropcs, the settings need to be appropriate to the network for optimal performance. Just swapping SIM may make it work but only on certain bands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo