HTC M8 - Windows 10 Bugs/Solutions (updated Mar 6, 2016)

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 - Windows 10 Bugs/Solutions (updated Jan 5, 2016)

.107 is now installed, but I'm now experiencing high standby battery drain. I will probably just hard reset, but still... :)

At this point I am very much awaiting HTC to upgrade the firmware as well as the HTC apps (especially the Camera app)

Wow my standby is Fantastic - accidently left my M8 (.107) at work Friday afternoon and it sat on my desk all weekend on WIFI getting emails and news bits and Monday morning - battery is 58%. This is a huge improvement!

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 - Windows 10 Bugs/Solutions (updated Jan 5, 2016)

Wow my standby is Fantastic - accidently left my M8 (.107) at work Friday afternoon and it sat on my desk all weekend on WIFI getting emails and news bits and Monday morning - battery is 58%. This is a huge improvement!

That's what I thought, thanks. Will hard reset tomorrow.

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 - Windows 10 Bugs/Solutions (updated Feb 15, 2016)

Can anyone tell me what the latest Fast/Slow/Release Preview Ring builds are that will load on the HTC One? I've been waiting so long, and it doesn't look like it will be included in the first wave next week, so I'm considering taking the plunge via Insider program.

MickeyKief

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site

@teddystiles I would definitely upgrade through the insider program if you're not willing to wait. I've had my m8 on the fast track forever now and the builds just keep getting better (daily driver wise)

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site

I will be completely shocked if HTC makes the move to update to Win10 on the M8... First off, they sold so few devices that it's probably not worth the effort on their part to do so. Second, it was a US device only, but available on 3 different carriers - which means three different versions of the software would have to be run out - again, not worth the effort. Then you have the fact that so much of the M8 would require specialty software - BoomSound, DuoCam, TV Remote, etc... Most of the Android 'features' like Blinkfeed and Sense TV have already been shipped off to third parties, so I don't see them wanting to do those updates either. Overall, I think the M8 is done with updates coming from HTC, but if you want to play with Windows 10 and don't mind having some pretty major bugs, and a few lost features, the TP is a great way to go. I've had it on mine (not a daily driver) for quite a while now, and it's not terrible by any means.

Surface4Life

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Is anyone able to tell me what is the most stable version to use as a daily driver with the least amount of issues? Also, what would the issues be if I do upgrade through the Insider Program. I figure HTC or Verizon won't be updating this phone anytime soon or ever.

Merc14

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone else seen the phone not able to connect a new LTE cell? In other words, move to a new LTE area and the browser can't connect unless yo reboot the phone. Turning on roam seems to fix it but who knows what it is connecting to then. this is build 10586.107

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone else seen the phone not able to connect a new LTE cell? In other words, move to a new LTE area and the browser can't connect unless yo reboot the phone. Turning on roam seems to fix it but who knows what it is connecting to then. this is build 10586.107

I've noticed this exact thing, both with my M8 and Lumia Icon, both running 107 on Verizon. So I don't think its a specifically M8 thing. I haven't tried allowing roaming, just rebooting.

Auric Jarrel

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Launching a thread in the text messaging app is an adventure. Often time it's stuck loading and I have to close it and relaunch the app just to view messages.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

Installing build .122 now, let's see what happens. Though the changelog does mention the video bug in video recording, so I am quite hopeful!

Luis Perez James

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Everytime I try to take a screenshot it makes the sound and everything but on the top of the screen instead of "screenshot saved" it says "Couldn't take Screenshot".Anyone else have that problem??
build .122 installed

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Everytime I try to take a screenshot it makes the sound and everything but on the top of the screen instead of "screenshot saved" it says "Couldn't take Screenshot".Anyone else have that problem??
build .122 installed

No, mine works. M8 on .122

uw

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

When and how did you get .122? I've been trying to update since yesterday and it's still telling me i'm up to date with .107.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

Damn. With the new Camera app update, video recording is capped at 1920x1080/30fps... Previously I could easily do 60fps... :(

I'm hoping the M8 is getting a firmware update soon to handle all the new Win10Mobile things / I'm on Verizon's variant, BTW.

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

yes agreed- .122 on M8? is this even possible?
When and how did you get .122? I've been trying to update since yesterday and it's still telling me i'm up to date with .107.

Merc14

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Download and install the Windows Insider app from the store and then join the insider program using your Microsoft account. After joining, sign up for prerelease builds (third category I believe and the safest as these are the builds being released to manufacturers) and the update will download to your phone.

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Download and install the Windows Insider app from the store and then join the insider program using your Microsoft account. After joining, sign up for prerelease builds (third category I believe and the safest as these are the builds being released to manufacturers) and the update will download to your phone.

Yup, if you're on the fast ring it won't work. Switching to slow ring did the trick for me. Fast ring is only for the phones that actually shipped with WM10 now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss