MMS settings Access for M8

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I just picked up a very good used Verizon M8 for $115 a few days ago just to keep tabs on Windows after selling my 930 recently. I'm on T-Mobile and while I've gotten the internet to work just fine, I want to get the MMS to work also.

I've been researching for the past week plus and I'm seeing that Verizon hid the MMS settings away to add a new APN. Does anyone have any links to how I can do this? If I can get MMS to work, I'd love to test drive this thing more often...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I chatted about a year ago with a buddy at HTC and they said that the feature was coming in an update. He then about faced in August of last year and told me that the feature was " no longer on the roadmap." It's too bad too, there's a ton of unlocked Verizon units that can be had for a very cheap rate, but if you've rolled forward off the original release OS, there's no way to crack the MMS settings. My workaround was to pull my line to Verizon and their $45 a month unlimited + 3GB LTE data plan. Not a bad deal for a single line, and 3GB was more than enough for me on Windows Phone.

fonzman78

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have Interop Tools installed, you can use it to unhide the MMS APN options. Use Interop Tools, Registry Browser, and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX. You should see the key HideMMSAPN. Change the value to 0, reboot, and you should now have the option to add an MMS APN under Sim Settings. i used this to fix my issue with group texts. After installing Redstone 14536, group texts stopped working. They are now back.

bycherick

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
You say you did this? How then did you do the second step "Enable Developer Mode" as this is hidden on these VZ phones as well. Please tell us...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6