M8 on the way

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The M8 is built very well, the 801 is very capable and the size is very pocketable. It's a winner. I only wish I had bought one when it originally became available. Instead I spent a year with Android and iOS because I was tires of waiting on a replacement for my 1520.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
And the poor support from HTC...lol let's hope they maybe will update their apps for windows 10. Likely not :)

What poor support from HTC? Call me when you have research showing that Nokia was also supporting two OSes at the same time, pushing out updates...Nokia when I last checked was only supporting windows so they had to update their stuff constantly...

Dude, everyone knows that up to Windows 10, carriers controlled updates. T-mobile is the worst offender. You do realize it was them how didn't push through 8.1.2 for their M8. They took years to update their 925 & 521 models. And don't get me started on the 8X and Lumia 810 fiascos.

HTC has always made their phones work well at launch, in spite of the carriers. Especially since everyone knows their focus is Android first. I mean, not saying that they're saints here, but this wild bashing has got to stop...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What poor support from HTC? Call me when you have research showing that Nokia was also supporting two OSes at the same time, pushing out updates...Nokia when I last checked was only supporting windows so they had to update their stuff constantly...

Dude, everyone knows that up to Windows 10, carriers controlled updates. T-mobile is the worst offender. You do realize it was them how didn't push through 8.1.2 for their M8. They took years to update their 925 & 521 models. And don't get me started on the 8X and Lumia 810 fiascos.

HTC has always made their phones work well at launch, in spite of the carriers. Especially since everyone knows their focus is Android first. I mean, not saying that they're saints here, but this wild bashing has got to stop...

HTC is not known for their stellar releases. One has to look at the android releases for their phones (especially the tragic camera).
And let's not forget the 8x where the coating begin to rub off. Nokia isn't perfect (see 1520) but HTC isn't known for excellent releases and launches.
Remember the poor 8x/8s users got jerked around with the 8.1 update? Cant blame tmobile for that. And then in the wp7 era? It was well reported here on the forums. You act as if HTC reputation is underserved.
Keep in mind HTC has been slack even in their android devices though they did get better the last couple of years. One has to only point to the HTC thunderbolt debacle.

As I've said many times, it's not bashing when a company has shown track record of abandoning their products. I was an HTC ****** when I stupidly used android at one time. HTC built the reputation that they have by their lack of action.

The m8 has yet to my knowledge been announced for a windows 10 update officially (yes you have insider's but still not official). Hopefully they will update their m8, lord knows the 8x won't get it (but the 920 will).

There is a reason why despite being the main flagship that was available on multiple carriers the m8 was only avoided and sold less than usual for a windows phone flagship. Because people do not trust or believe in HTC.

HTC may announce a windows phone flagship as they teased something...however if they release the phone at the same time as the android version and market it/suoport it I will give credit where credit is due.

I am glad you guys enjoy your phones. You should. I'd probably still own an m8, but I see no reason why when there are better supported phones from OEMs who do seem to care where I don't have to worry about them abandoning me.....

Oh and the Nokia vs HTC thing of using one vs two Os, is irrelevant imo. HTC chose to handle two is, so that's on them. Nokia having the one is no better.

HTC literally has three windows phones to support to how many Lumia's? Given how little the m8 likely sold especially given it's market, it should have long gotten an official uodate by now.

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
HTC is not known for their stellar releases. One has to look at the android releases for their phones (especially the tragic camera).
And let's not forget the 8x where the coating begin to rub off. Nokia isn't perfect (see 1520) but HTC isn't known for excellent releases and launches.

Remember the poor 8x/8s users got jerked around with the 8.1 update? Cant blame tmobile for that. And then in the wp7 era? It was well reported here on the forums. You act as if HTC reputation is underserved.
Keep in mind HTC has been slack even in their android devices though they did get better the last couple of years. One has to only point to the HTC thunderbolt debacle.

As I've said many times, it's not bashing when a company has shown track record of abandoning their products. I was an HTC ****** when I stupidly used android at one time. HTC built the reputation that they have by their lack of action.

The m8 has yet to my knowledge been announced for a windows 10 update officially (yes you have insider's but still not official). Hopefully they will update their m8, lord knows the 8x won't get it (but the 920 will).

There is a reason why despite being the main flagship that was available on multiple carriers the m8 was only avoided and sold less than usual for a windows phone flagship. Because people do not trust or believe in HTC.

HTC may announce a windows phone flagship as they teased something...however if they release the phone at the same time as the android version and market it/suoport it I will give credit where credit is due.

I am glad you guys enjoy your phones. You should. I'd probably still own an m8, but I see no reason why when there are better supported phones from OEMs who do seem to care where I don't have to worry about them abandoning me.....

Oh and the Nokia vs HTC thing of using one vs two Os, is irrelevant imo. HTC chose to handle two is, so that's on them. Nokia having the one is no better.

HTC literally has three windows phones to support to how many Lumia's? Given how little the m8 likely sold especially given it's market, it should have long gotten an official uodate by now.

That's alot of typing just to say you don't like HTC and don't want a M8.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Except it launched with 8.1.1 when many Lumia's didn't have it and got 8.1.2 when a bunch of Lumia's never got it at all. So what support has HTC not given yet? If it doesn't get an official W10 release in line with 18mth old Lumia's then you have a point, but you can't say that now.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Except it launched with 8.1.1 when many Lumia's didn't have it and got 8.1.2 when a bunch of Lumia's never got it at all. So what support has HTC not given yet? If it doesn't get an official W10 release in line with 18mth old Lumia's then you have a point, but you can't say that now.

The defense rests.

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I had the HTC One M8 with Windows 8.1 until buying the Lumia 950 XL in November. Overall it was a positive experience, but there were some drawbacks.

Pros:
- metal build
- stereo speaker quality
- double tap to wake
- speed

Cons:
- camera is absolutely terrible. No other way to say it.
- downside of nice metal body is how slippery it is
- headphone jack died close to the one year mark
- black lettering on back peeled off after about six months

I don't regret getting it, and I was happy to support the first Android and Windows phone, but I was also glad to move on. The camera killed me.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

1. 8x is not getting the update...the 920/925 are.

2. The m8 is literally one model released in one market....it having the updates faster than Lumia's isn't exactly a pro.

What other Lumia was launching when the m8 came out? So it launching with 8.1.1 is irrelevant. It was a newish phone.

It getting 8.1.2 before some Lumia's, also irrelevant. That double standard saying that tmobile slowed updates for HTC should also apply to carriers dragging their feet for Lumia updates as well.

And guess what? It's presently up in the air at the moment when the m8 will get windows 10. It likely will get it. But then again if I was a 1520 owner still I don't have that doubt. With HTC I always have to wonder....what if :) I and many others have no faith in HTC. See their android phones and the fact they don't sell either :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the HTC One M8 with Windows 8.1 until buying the Lumia 950 XL in November. Overall it was a positive experience, but there were some drawbacks.

Pros:
- metal build
- stereo speaker quality
- double tap to wake
- speed

Cons:
- camera is absolutely terrible. No other way to say it.
- downside of nice metal body is how slippery it is
- headphone jack died close to the one year mark
- black lettering on back peeled off after about six months

I don't regret getting it, and I was happy to support the first Android and Windows phone, but I was also glad to move on. The camera killed me.

Lol the camera really was tragic. I remember the only thing it was good for was the selfies but even then it wasn't worth it.

When the excuse is the camera is good enough for social networking, like many m8 users claimed, there is a problem with that picture. No pun intended.

I personally found the design ugly tbh. Metal annoys me and I miss some of HTC older designs.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I and many others have no faith in HTC. See their android phones and the fact they don't sell either :)
The same argument could be made for ANY Windows phone. Sales figures aren't an endorsement or indictment of a product's virtues. It could easily be argued that HTC was the pioneer in Android development and started the root-n-ROM craze. They were the first OEM to allow bootloaders to be unlocked and let's not forget it was the HD2 (the king of WinMo) which became the most versatile testing platform before or since.

As a matter of Mobile Nations policy, we do not allow bashing by members of any OS or manufacturer.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So asurion being the awesome people they are. Sent me the HTC A9. She tried to argue with me and say thry send me a comparable phone and I said I understand the specs are the same but android vs windows um to the he'll with android. So I wait again for my new device :(. I hope they get it out the door for tomorrow like this one was.

Sent from mTalk

Lol, I had a feeling they would send you a phone running Android.

The camera on the m8 is decent for point and shoots, for detail... well not so much :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa