02-26-2016 09:49 AM
56 123
tools
    Except it launched with 8.1.1 when many Lumia's didn't have it and got 8.1.2 when a bunch of Lumia's never got it at all. So what support has HTC not given yet? If it doesn't get an official W10 release in line with 18mth old Lumia's then you have a point, but you can't say that now.
    1. 8x is not getting the update...the 920/925 are.

2. The m8 is literally one model released in one market....it having the updates faster than Lumia's isn't exactly a pro.

What other Lumia was launching when the m8 came out? So it launching with 8.1.1 is irrelevant. It was a newish phone.

It getting 8.1.2 before some Lumia's, also irrelevant. That double standard saying that tmobile slowed updates for HTC should also apply to carriers dragging their feet for Lumia updates as well.

And guess what? It's presently up in the air at the moment when the m8 will get windows 10. It likely will get it. But then again if I was a 1520 owner still I don't have that doubt. With HTC I always have to wonder....what if :) I and many others have no faith in HTC. See their android phones and the fact they don't sell either :)
    02-25-2016 05:00 PM
    I had the HTC One M8 with Windows 8.1 until buying the Lumia 950 XL in November. Overall it was a positive experience, but there were some drawbacks.

Pros:
    - metal build
    - stereo speaker quality
    - double tap to wake
    - speed

Cons:
    - camera is absolutely terrible. No other way to say it.
    - downside of nice metal body is how slippery it is
    - headphone jack died close to the one year mark
    - black lettering on back peeled off after about six months

I don't regret getting it, and I was happy to support the first Android and Windows phone, but I was also glad to move on. The camera killed me.
    Lol the camera really was tragic. I remember the only thing it was good for was the selfies but even then it wasn't worth it.

When the excuse is the camera is good enough for social networking, like many m8 users claimed, there is a problem with that picture. No pun intended.

I personally found the design ugly tbh. Metal annoys me and I miss some of HTC older designs.
    02-25-2016 05:07 PM
    I and many others have no faith in HTC. See their android phones and the fact they don't sell either :)
    The same argument could be made for ANY Windows phone. Sales figures aren't an endorsement or indictment of a product's virtues. It could easily be argued that HTC was the pioneer in Android development and started the root-n-ROM craze. They were the first OEM to allow bootloaders to be unlocked and let's not forget it was the HD2 (the king of WinMo) which became the most versatile testing platform before or since.

As a matter of Mobile Nations policy, we do not allow bashing by members of any OS or manufacturer.
    02-25-2016 05:17 PM
    Deja vu
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    02-25-2016 05:22 PM
    I personally found the design ugly tbh. Metal annoys me and I miss some of HTC older designs.
    I've owned a Nokia 900, 1020 and 3 1520s. The metal M8 is a far superior design to Nokia's polycarbonate. I'm typing this on a 1520:(
    Last edited by phlamethrowre; 02-26-2016 at 11:03 AM.
    Player Piano likes this.
    02-25-2016 07:58 PM
    So asurion being the awesome people they are. Sent me the HTC A9. She tried to argue with me and say thry send me a comparable phone and I said I understand the specs are the same but android vs windows um to the he'll with android. So I wait again for my new device :(. I hope they get it out the door for tomorrow like this one was.

Sent from mTalk
    Lol, I had a feeling they would send you a phone running Android.

The camera on the m8 is decent for point and shoots, for detail... well not so much :).
    libra89, aximtreo and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-26-2016 09:49 AM
56 123