Up the creek again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I've finally had enough, I put up with no upgrade from 7.5, the big app gap with 8.0 and 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10 insider on my M8 and loved it, and now they are saying I will not be getting anymore updates and no Redstone. Time to move on, Microsoft you have let me down for the last time, Android or Apple, here I come.

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I've finally had enough, I put up with no upgrade from 7.5, the big app gap with 8.0 and 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10 insider on my M8 and loved it, and now they are saying I will not be getting anymore updates and no Redstone. Time to move on, Microsoft you have let me down for the last time, Android or Apple, here I come.

If updates are what you're worried about them I suggest am iPhone because they are supported way longer than any other phone. And iOS is great

Sent from mTalk

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

Exactly this. Even though the M8 was one of the first phones to receive the Insider builds and HTC said they would support the phone for 2 full years, MS and HTC both went back on their promise.
And don't tell me the experience would be bad on the M8, because it's still a flagship-grade device.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
it's a bit early to worry. It's going to come. Just live with the insider builds until it officially drops.

The problem is that the Update Advisor doesn't say "Your phone is eligible but no update yet, wait for your carrier"
It simply says that "Your phone is not eligible for the update".

This is what is worrying...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I still like M8. It isn't my primary device, but it is a device i do like using. I wish it could more updates, but I'm not surprised that as a carrier branded phone, the M8 got left behind.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I still like M8. It isn't my primary device, but it is a device i do like using. I wish it could more updates, but I'm not surprised that as a carrier branded phone, the M8 got left behind.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

The m8 is getting updated. Do some research

Sent from mTalk

mageman17

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn't it be logic dictating that possibility? Why would they go and add the M8 for insider preview of it wasn't gonna get it?

The only way the M8 might not receive the update is if HTC told Microsoft to stop "tampering" with their hardware (dot view case compatibility) and/or software (firmware).

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn't it be logic dictating that possibility? Why would they go and add the M8 for insider preview of it wasn't gonna get it?

The only way the M8 might not receive the update is if HTC told Microsoft to stop "tampering" with their hardware (dot view case compatibility) and/or software (firmware).

Have you looked at the Twitter link I posted?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
The HTC One M8 has better specs than all the Lumias except for the 950's. 2.3ghz Quad core, 2gb ram, 32 gb system memory and micro sd card slot. The 1520 and 930 are the only others similar, too bad, I'm bummed now.

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does, just get used to microsoft giving up. They would rather continue to **** of their loyal customers in hopes of getting new ones which never come.

Microsoft just never learns their lesson. Time to switch is all I can say. When windows 11 comes out they will just cost them selves more customers

Factman

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I am glad I upgraded through th Insider program. Hoping they don't require me to go back to 8.1 now. I am going to switch in November, but have not decided whether it will be iOs or Android that gets my vote.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, as I said, the .164 update seems decent on my M8, so if that's the last one I'll get, I'll leave it there.

My first Windows Mobile device was a Dell Axim X50. My first Windows Mobile phone device was a HTC Touch. Been around long enough to see this sort of leaving people behind from as far back as the Windows Mobile 2003 SE days.

Folks just don't buy windows phones as much it seems. Complicated reasons behind it, but that's where we are. Cannot blame an OEM, especially a struggling one like HTC to drop support for a phone with low sales numbers. Problem is that the phones on the platform have low sales numbers by units overall and the real star in that group - Lumia 520 - won't see Windows 10. Problem is, other phones have been left behind unceremoniously before. T-Mobile as a carrier is one of the worst offenders here...Lumia 810, HTC 8X, HTC One M8, slow update roll outs to the 925 and 521...shall I continue?

Guess as consumers better off showing your displeasure with your wallet by changing OSes...but all isn't rosy in either iOS ville or the Android camp...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

good luck fighting viruses on android, using clean master to free u p ram every once in a while again android. and yes get prepared to experience your phone hanging . oh yes again its android. IOS well theres nothing more ugly that the home screen on IOS.

my suggestion to you buy a flagship 950\xl and be a part of something new. windows 10 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo