HTC One M8 hot, poor performance

Roveer

May 10, 2016
Visit site
My wife's HTC One M8 Windows phone has started running and charging very hot with poor battery performance.

Suggestions?

Full Reset?

How can I restore after a reset?

Not a really a WF guru.

Roveer

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The backup is pretty good. Use the backup in settings. Make sure the % bar goes to 100%.

Save photos separately in case OneDrive has not been uploading.

After a reset (Settings/About/Reset), you'll be prompted to restore after typing in the Microsoft account.

Works pretty well at putting everything back, but will lose a few things like game save points and account login details.

Roveer

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Got it. Going to see if it overheats tomorrow and if it does I'm going the reset route. Already pulled all the pics/vids No other data except texts and hotmail account.

Roveer

Roveer

May 10, 2016
Visit site
One other thing I noticed. When it was charging earlier this evening it was pretty warm. I put the phone into airplane mode and it seemed to charge faster and wasn't running hot. Does that tell us anything?

Roveer

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
You have a rogue App or something is hanging open. Charging temps on the 2.0 Quick Chargers can get pretty hot, but overall, it shouldn't be more than warm to the touch. Is there anything keeping it spinning in the background - like updates in the store that are stuck?

Roveer

May 10, 2016
Visit site
overheating issue is gone. I uninstalled a few apps that weren't needed, a number of full reboots and the phone is not getting hot any more. Also, the battery lasted much much longer. Was at 68% this morning and only at 37% at end of day. She wasn't getting to noon when it was running hot.

Now, final problem. On charger all night and this morning it was only at 68%. Shows on screen as charging but didn't start the day at 100%. Dirty charging port? I'm going to clean it tonight and see if It gets a full charge.

Roveer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6