M8 on Build .318!

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Some notes from the blog:

We have started rolling out the May cumulative update (10.0.10586.318) for Windows 10 Mobile today.

Key improvements in this release include:
Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Quick note, after installing yesterday my phone drained the battery (despite being plugged in) and then died. After powering back on it seemed to charge fine.

I've been using it this morning without other issues.

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been abysmal since I installed the Windows 10 Preview about two weeks ago. I have to charge midway through the day, charging is extremely slow, and if I use the phone at all while charging, there's still a net drain.

I had great battery life on 8.1, and I performed a hard reset after first installing Windows 10 Mobile Preview. You all don't seem to be having issues this severe, so does anyone have any suggestions?

I also am on the Release Preview ring and so am on 318, but that didn't fix the issue.

Originally posted by bdchambers79
Quick note, after installing yesterday my phone drained the battery (despite being plugged in) and then died. After powering back on it seemed to charge fine.

I've been using it this morning without other issues.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been abysmal since I installed the Windows 10 Preview about two weeks ago. I have to charge midway through the day, charging is extremely slow, and if I use the phone at all while charging, there's still a net drain.

I had great battery life on 8.1, and I performed a hard reset after first installing Windows 10 Mobile Preview. You all don't seem to be having issues this severe, so does anyone have any suggestions?

I also am on the Release Preview ring and so am on 318, but that didn't fix the issue.

I'd consider using the recovery tool and upgrading again, otherwise I don't know what else besides the typical power saving measures.

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd consider using the recovery tool and upgrading again, otherwise I don't know what else besides the typical power saving measures.

Thanks. I'm guessing one of the apps was to blame and must have been updated, as this disappeared almost completely. Occasionally it will happen again, but thankfully it's like once a week instead of all the time.

Jim93

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
.318 was a phone changer for me. I have not noticed the screen freezing issue with .318. Also have not experienced massive overheating or battery drain on the last build. Battery life is significantly better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo